Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
She did that Pickens move in 1996, 5 years after marrying Rainwater. Seems her biggest claim to fame came when she took over his company of the same name. I'm not saying her wealth is only because of her marriage, but it seems like their marriage was the catalyst for it developing. Gotta spend money to make money maybe?

Rainwater had a pretty big reputation prior to Moore, except he was growing someone else's wealth at the time (The Bass family). Both together are for sure a powerful and wealthy couple, but that doesn't make her letter to South Carolina seem any less entitled.

I don’t know, but it clearly says that he was the one who tripled his wealth upon marriage.

Oh, I agree about her entitlement. I would never expect a letter from a place in which I donated when a family member died. Is it nice? Sure. But expect it? She probably had people she knows through USC reach out to her.

While the minimum age for full benefits has gone up over time, yes it clearly does not match reality. I figure some adjustments to both factors will continue to occur and it will continue to be viable, but in a reduced way.

The AARP voting bloc will never allow it to happen over night, but gradually it has to happen. The good news is the "cliff" scenario is just never going to happen. People squawking about "social security will run out by x year" are not ignoring the various model possibilities. Multiple variables (age, tiers, benefit levels, etc) will continue to gradually adjust over time.

The one saving factor in all of this could be robots/automation. Imagine if apply "payroll taxes" to the robotic workforce of the future...those of which will obviously not need retirement benefits (or will they? 🤔😄).
And a cannabis dispensary on every corner and we're talkin' the New Age.

Reactions: hooter vol
I don’t think McCollough has the speed to play safety. I actually think Star is a better fit.

They won’t move him there but I really think he should get a look at ILB. A bit undersized but has good tackling instincts, can blitz, and better in coverage than your average linebacker.

Consensus from many here is we would have lost to both if played later in the season. It’s just a hypothetical, so everyone has their own opinion.
How did you come up with that “consensus”? Have never believed you process readily available information well. Your recent argument with “many here” that Duke beat UNLV in the CHAMPIONSHIP GAME reaffirmed that belief. I haven’t seen MANY even bring this subject up.

And many more don’t. Actually haven’t seen a poll on this or MANY weighing in...but when in Rome. 😎
I guess you missed or ignored my post about it being a hypothetical and everyone has an opinion on it but no one really knows. SMH. You are someone who just likes to argue and go on and on ad nauseum.

BTW - I acknowledged the Duke/UNLV memory error yet you bring it up which was totally unrelated to the discussion now. Are you a miserable person ? I bet you are.

Last edited:
I guess you missed or ignored my post about it being a hypothetical and everyone has an opinion on it but no one really knows. SMH. You are someone who just likes to argue and go on and on ad nauseum.
The only posters that I’ve seen butchna “argue” with, is trolls, then I wouldn’t even call it that. He does like to debate on something that catches his attention. Usually when someone calls it arguing, they’re losing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back