MLB cancels ASG in Atlanta

cutting the number of drop boxes in Metropolitan Atlanta by more than 75%

Actually the law should have cut all drop boxes. Get your lazy azz to the polls, present an ID, fill out the ballot (without help), and put it in a tabulator or whatever mechanism is in place. That process insures that the correct person receives a ballot, that the voter completes the ballot, and the voter returns the ballot in the applicable process - all something like a chain of custody process. Absentee voting should be the rare exception like for members of the military stationed elsewhere. This law is still a sham, but it barely improves the process ... barely.

lol.....
Why was our government established?
"We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defense, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America."

Is that a load of bs? Or are you just blinded by your absolutes?

Except for the blacks, indians, women, ect.

But so that is one out of how many governments throughout history?

Yeah having pretty much anywhere in the world literally one flight away from where you live is an awful thing

You know that old saying about you have to go through Atlanta to get to hell, but I have to think that connection is better there than here.

which is why voting by mail is such a better option. You mail them the ballot, they can read over the candidates and/or propositions. Taking their time to fill it out and mail it in on their time.

2020 was the best voting experience of my life and I voted by mail. Soooo much better, I wanna do it that way for the rest of my life

Or just turn over the ballot to someone else to fill in for them?

As to the other part, why is it so difficult to look at a sample ballot and read over the applicable propositions and list of candidates before you go to the polls? You could take this approach to education - why bother with classes, general reading, lectures, etc, if you can just boil your time down to searching for answers to the test you are holding? Who are we to waste your precious time and energy?

Reactions: Rickyvol77
which is why voting by mail is such a better option. You mail them the ballot, they can read over the candidates and/or propositions. Taking their time to fill it out and mail it in on their time.

2020 was the best voting experience of my life and I voted by mail. Soooo much better, I wanna do it that way for the rest of my life

If someone is waiting until voting day to weigh candidates and make a decision they are morons. I’m sure there’s plenty of lazy and worthless individuals who love everything being convenient for them....or better yet let someone do it for them.

Reactions: AM64 and Rickyvol77
Has to suck when a previous commissioner says you screwed up and didn't understand the bill. Article written by Fay Vincent.

Opinion | Rob Manfred’s All-Star Error

I’m telling ya, MLBs antitrust status was threatened by the administration. That’s the only explanation for how quickly they made such a dumb decision without a peep from the owners.

Reactions: AM64
The debate isn't about should they be able to vote, the debate was about checking eligibility to vote and right now most felons are not eligible to vote. Stop moving the goalposts.
I haven’t moved anything. I wasn’t debating anything yet, I just asked you if felons should be eligible to vote.

Prove who you are. In every state, and most fed situations, a valid DL does that. If the DL isnt good enough, we need one single form of ID that does it. If that raises some standards, while lowering others to get us all on the same page I can live with it.

Except for the case of criminals there is no non discriminatory reasoning for treating people practicing one right differently than people practicing another.

I am fine with not requiring any ID what so ever for all rights. Just as long as its upheld equally. Any justification of a restriction should apply consistently across the board, if it doesnt you are clearly playing politics with the right(s) we have.
If you want voter ID across the board, then just give everyone automatic voter registration with a voter ID when they come of age. If they move states/localities then it’s up to them to update it. Problem solved.

VN Store

Back