Vols practice #5

Apathy is at an all time high. The Heupel hire was a disaster for fan enthusiasm. I am as mad as anyone and I do expect him to fail miserably but I sincerely hope I am wrong and turns the thing around.

Apathy is at an all time high. The Heupel hire was a disaster for fan enthusiasm. I am as mad as anyone and I do expect him to fail miserably but I sincerely hope I am wrong and turns the thing around.
Trolling... Whatever you are seeing, it isn't apathy. Heupel was an outstanding and exciting hire. If you are holding out for Gruden, you have issues. I imagine you probably are as mad as anyone, because most Vol fans are NOT mad about this hire. I can't guess why you think that other than pure projection. Or just trolling. Which is where we started.

Trolling... Whatever you are seeing, it isn't apathy. Heupel was an outstanding and exciting hire. If you are holding out for Gruden, you have issues. I imagine you probably are as mad as anyone, because most Vol fans are NOT mad about this hire. I can't guess why you think that other than pure projection. Or just trolling. Which is where we started.
These people actually talked themselves into believing UT was going to hire Hugh Freeze, who has a 10 mile long NCAA rap sheet, to replace a coach who was fired for major violations. Or that Lane Kiffin was going to dump Matt Corral and that explosive Ole Miss offense and leave another job after one year, to come back to the first job he left after one year, in the midst of looming sanctions - which would literally be repeating the same mistake he made by jumping to USC.

This is why I wish Tony Basilio would retire back to Philadelphia and quit grifting off the backs of this fanbase. He stirred that pot knowing full well Freeze and Kiffin weren't legitimate options, all to help his ratings because his show thrives on chaos.

I’m encouraged. The first time he tells one of these shat birds to gft selves I’ll be his biggest fan. Too much coddling not enough ass kicking been going on.

There you go, accuse them of doing exactly what you're doing, you would make a great politician. This thread should be twenty pages long by now, how do you explain that? It's apathy, the fans are sick and tired of the endless brigade of losers the university continues to march for us. You're probably on the utad payroll, this place is littered with you trolls and your sunshine pumping.

Reactions: CJBlaze
There you go, accuse them of doing exactly what you're doing, you would make a great politician. This thread should be twenty pages long by now, how do you explain that? It's apathy, the fans are sick and tired of the endless brigade of losers the university continues to march for us. You're probably on the utad payroll, this place is littered with you trolls and your sunshine pumping.
Troll alert, ignore him

Say what you will but the lack of enthusiasm as it compares to previous years is telling.

Perhaps it will ramp back up again this Fall, but there is a lot of folks that aren’t as bought in as before. They’re done watching the blowouts and mismanagement year after year. I’m sure most will follow peripherally, but the planning Saturdays and donations have probably stopped for a significant portion of the fanbase.

Reactions: CJBlaze and 99grad
Say what you will but the lack of enthusiasm as it compares to previous years is telling.

Perhaps it will ramp back up again this Fall, but there is a lot of folks that aren’t as bought in as before. They’re done watching the blowouts and mismanagement year after year. I’m sure most will follow peripherally, but the planning Saturdays and donations have probably stopped for a significant portion of the fanbase.
The term for that is fairweather fans. We need diehard ride or die fans, and thank goodness Volnation has tons of those, not the mewling entitled I-demand-it-now tantrum "fans."

The term for that is fairweather fans. We need diehard ride or die fans, and thank goodness Volnation has tons of those, not the mewling entitled I-demand-it-now tantrum "fans."
We've been on this ride for 13-14yrs. At some point the dedication and commitment needs to be matched by the UT admin or people will find other alternatives. They've lost about an entire generation of fans due to their mismanagement. That's hard to get back

To each his own, but honestly, I am pretty excited for this offense.

Apathy, IMO, was at its height with the last staff...

Face the truth, we settled for Heupel and almost everyone was disappointed. Heupel has an extremely tough task to rebuild the program with probably the weakest roster UT football has ever had in the last 35 years. It will take elite coaching to get UT football relevancy in the next 5 years. Maybe Heupel has that coaching talent. Only time will tell.

Face the truth, we settled for Heupel and almost everyone was disappointed. Heupel has an extremely tough task to rebuild the program with probably the weakest roster UT football has ever had in the last 35 years. It will take elite coaching to get UT football relevancy in the next 5 years. Maybe Heupel has that coaching talent. Only time will tell.
This isn’t the weakest roster in the last 10 years...much less 35.

This isn’t the weakest roster in the last 10 years...much less 35.
I disagree with you. Maybe one of Dooley’s was close but as far as the quality and depth this is the worst IMO. Actually Dooley’s squads had a lot more talent at the skill positions than this current roster. Maybe the roster in Butch’s last year would be comparable but no other roster can compare for the last 35.

I disagree with you. Maybe one of Dooley’s was close but as far as the quality and depth this is the worst IMO. Actually Dooley’s squads had a lot more talent at the skill positions than this current roster. Maybe the roster in Butch’s last year would be comparable but no other roster can compare for the last 35.
We have better big uglies than at any time during the Butch era. We have more talented (at least as a group) skill position players than several select seasons during the Dooley, Jones AND Pruitt eras. And 35 seasons takes us back to 86. The years immediately after the Sugar Vols, we were hurting in several areas. We were slow and made up for it by being smaller. Once Coach Majors emphasized loading up on homegrown OL in the days before star ratings, Pickens, Webb and etc led to much better days...but it was peaked. We lost to Army...when that was an especially bad thing! Extreme statements beg for a retort.

Based on your statements, if Heupel wins 6 or 7 games then you are wrong on Heupel or the roster or both. If the roster is the worst in 35 years then he shouldn’t be able to win more than 3 games or so. Or if we “settled” for Heupel, meaning you think he is not a good coach, and we win 6 or 7 games than the roster is better than you said and won in spite of an average coach.

We have better big uglies than at any time during the Butch era. We have more talented (at least as a group) skill position players than several select seasons during the Dooley, Jones AND Pruitt eras. And 35 seasons takes us back to 86. The years immediately after the Sugar Vols, we were hurting in several areas. We were slow and made up for it by being smaller. Once Coach Majors emphasized loading up on homegrown OL in the days before star ratings, Pickens, Webb and etc led to much better days...but it was peaked. We lost to Army...when that was an especially bad thing! Extreme statements beg for a retort.
I disagree. The effect of Pruitt’s firing and recent reductions because of the transfer portal and poor player development have left this roster severely depleted like anything I have onserved since the 85 season.

I disagree. The effect of Pruitt’s firing and recent reductions because of the transfer portal and poor player development have left this roster severely depleted like anything I have onserved since the 85 season.
We disagree. I think he landed talent that hasn’t been developed...but it’s there.

Based on your statements, if Heupel wins 6 or 7 games then you are wrong on Heupel or the roster or both. If the roster is the worst in 35 years then he shouldn’t be able to win more than 3 games or so. Or if we “settled” for Heupel, meaning you think he is not a good coach, and we win 6 or 7 games than the roster is better than you said and won in spite of an average coach.
I believe a max of 3 wins is very possible. I hope I’m wrong. Vandy may be the only safe bet for an SEC win and I’m not even going to guarantee a win there. Heupel’s future success here is completely unknown at this time. He would have to do an extraordinary job to get to 6 wins. I do not believe Saban would win 6 games with this roster.

Reactions: CJBlaze
Defensive coaches need to be working on that 4 -1 -6 defense .. since we may only have 2 ILB available this year.. need to hit transfer portal .. " openings need ILB' s .. starting position guaranteed" ..

I believe a max of 3 wins is very possible. I hope I’m wrong. Vandy may be the only safe bet for an SEC win and I’m not even going to guarantee a win there. Heupel’s future success here is completely unknown at this time. He would have to do an extraordinary job to get to 6 wins. I do not believe Saban would win 6 games with this roster.
Try not to be so optimistic.:rolleyes:

Try not to be so optimistic.:rolleyes:
I find myself hoping for the best like the beginning of last year when I predicted we would go at least 7-3. I just have to state the obvious reality we are in now and then I will not be disappointed like last year. Who knows about Heupel? He could be a future Saban in disguise but he is in a tough situation now.

Reactions: feathersax
Im not sure we settled for Heupel. I believe that based off our AD hire, he was always a target if not the target.

Reactions: orangebloodgmc

VN Store

Back