Tennessee Not On Many Top Players Considerations

Vols2015

I noticed on ESPN HoopGurlz list from 2021 players, many of the top players didn’t even consider Tennessee. I wonder if Kellie and her team are gelling well when they are reaching out to these top players?

Reactions: Nute Gunray
I noticed on ESPN HoopGurlz list from 2021 players, many of the top players didn’t even consider Tennessee. I wonder if Kellie and her team are gelling well when they are reaching out to these top players?
The top players are not going to consider Tennessee until the LVs re-establish themselves as an elite WCBB program.

The top players are not going to consider Tennessee until the LVs re-establish themselves as an elite WCBB program.
My opinion only, but it is not necessary to establish oneself as top tier program before you get good recruits.... Matt Mitchell and Jeff Walz got top players before their programs were ever established....

You have to sell a vision.... where you want to take the program.... advantage is in the fan base and the banners in the rafters.... Coach will do it I am sure.....

Of immediate need is a good PG ball distributor.... most important position in the WCBB game.

Right. If we had only made at least the sweet 16 this year it would have helped. So disappointed with our tournament performance. Coach Barnes-Arrico was ready for our big 2. Kept 2 defenders on them but let Kasi and Jordan Walker shoot. To her credit, Kasi hit a couple early. Wish Jordan's first 3 three point attempts had gone in. Might have changed the outcome. Why we didn't have plays with double screens for Rae and Rennia or other sets to get them open I don't know. Sigh. Was poor Rae being told to take it inside? How many times did she dribble into traffic and turn it over? That game is going to hurt for a long time.

Kelly is now coaching against several of best HC's in the game, which she has not done before. She is being schooled at times, but as long as you learn along the way she can become one of the best. Just needs to get some of the elite players out there as others have said, find a way to sell the program as elite.

She needs full backing by the AD like Pat had. That would help.

Um, she is not and has not been a successful P5 coach, and she is now on a downward trend from an underwhelming start. Things don't look good.
She has been quite successful with the roster she has. Third place finish in the SEC and wins over several rated teams. You must have been in a coma as were on the right track. We need a better roster and were getting there also.

Um, she is not and has not been a successful P5 coach, and she is now on a downward trend from an underwhelming start. Things don't look good.

picked 6th preseason in the conference snd finished 3d. recognized for the positive season with a 3 seed in the NCAA tournament.
That’s “a downward trend”? Really? The season exceeded expectations but don’t let that get in the way of your negative view irrespective of the facts.

I think it may not be always the case to get top players, but we gotta start being competitive with coach Kellie and her staff. This will be year 3 for her, and I’m expecting some top landed recruits for 2022!

Massive reach to call her stint at NC State a success. She never won a tournament game there, and didn’t even make the tournament at all her last three years before getting fired for losing too much.

She is successful as a player, person and a coach. You're blinded by your negativity. Feel free to not piggyback on my posts in the future until you develop a little objectivity. Thanks so much :)

This could very easily be operator error on my part but on hoopgurlz when I look at “schools considering” it is alphabetical and you can’t see the schools in the last half of the alphabet because there is no scroll down bar. If they are considering more than 5 schools you can’t see schools like Tenn., Texas, Stanford. So at least when I look, they may or may not be considering LVs. I am probably the only person who has done this but just in case.

This could very easily be operator error on my part but on hoopgurlz when I look at “schools considering” it is alphabetical and you can’t see the schools in the last half of the alphabet because there is no scroll down bar. If they are considering more than 5 schools you can’t see schools like Tenn., Texas, Stanford. So at least when I look, they may or may not be considering LVs. I am probably the only person who has done this but just in case.

This has been true for years. The only way I have been able to see a full list has been to copy the school list and paste it in something like notepad. I must be missing something, however, because on the ESPN website, the uncommitted players in the top 25 list "No schools available."

Jim

Reactions: krichunaka
They already have a successful P5 coach.

tenor.gif

VN Store

Back