Offense is a red flag

I was saddened to learn that EKU gave up a late TD to lose to the 5-14 always tough Dayton flyers on Wednesday falling to 8-12 on the season. Without that TD I guess they might have shown just how good they really are. Those 20-13 high scoring games with two losing teams always are telling I guess.

It’s almost like watching two poker players drawing dead at a big pot when viewing a game with two bad teams in them like that

I was saddened to learn that EKU gave up a late TD to lose to the 5-14 always tough Dayton flyers on Wednesday falling to 8-12 on the season. Without that TD I guess they might have shown just how good they really are. Those 20-13 high scoring games with two losing teams always are telling I guess.

It’s almost like watching two poker players drawing dead at a big pot when viewing a game with two bad teams in them like that[/QUOTE

Bad poker reference.

You keep saying single game this and single game that. I agree, a solid or a bad team could win a single game against a good team. However we are talking about a team with 2 (plural) wins against Top Ten teams. Claiming we are discussing a single win is you climbing a tree shouting you are right (telling a lie) when you could stand on the ground and admit you are wrong (tell the truth).

Learned a long time ago that there are more than 2 categories (good and bad) in college baseball. Presbyterian is bad, TN is good, Eastern KY is somewhere in between but definitely not bad.

(2) Top Ten wins eliminates any team from the bad category.

It’s almost like watching two poker players drawing dead at a big pot when viewing a game with two bad teams in them like that[/QUOTE

Bad poker reference.

You keep saying single game this and single game that. I agree, a solid or a bad team could win a single game against a good team. However we are talking about a team with 2 (plural) wins against Top Ten teams. Claiming we are discussing a single win is you climbing a tree shouting you are right (telling a lie) when you could stand on the ground and admit you are wrong (tell the truth).

Learned a long time ago that there are more than 2 categories (good and bad) in college baseball. Presbyterian is bad, TN is good, Eastern KY is somewhere in between but definitely not bad.

Bad poker reference.

You might want to fold that 2/7 off suit my friend.

that EKU team you are so high on just got swept by the always tough SIE Edwardsville squad whom was under .500 and 2-4 in the OVC coming in.

perhaps it’s time to see now that they are 8-15, 3-6 in a bad conference that those two good wins were flukes. I mean baseball isn’t like football you know???

lol only on volnation can a 8-15 team in an awful league be called good.

Reactions: TennVols12
You might want to fold that 2/7 off suit my friend.

that EKU team you are so high on just got swept by the always tough SIE Edwardsville squad whom was under .500 and 2-4 in the OVC coming in.

perhaps it’s time to see now that they are 8-15, 3-6 in a bad conference that those two good wins were flukes. I mean baseball isn’t like football you know???

lol only on volnation can a 8-15 team in an awful league be called good.

Man you really need to let this go or just admit you misstated because you just did it again.
Not one person said EKU was good yet you keep referring to that as if that was the argument.

Again in college baseball there are more than 2 categories (good & bad).
- TN good
- Presbyterian bad
- EKU somewhere in between (solid,ok,etc.)
*** two (plural) top ten wins***

Man you really need to let this go or just admit you misstated because you just did it again.
Not one person said EKU was good yet you keep referring to that as if that was the argument.

Again in college baseball there are more than 2 categories (good & bad).
- TN good
- Presbyterian bad
- EKU somewhere in between (solid,ok,etc.)
*** two (plural) top ten wins***

lol

Ok so 8-15 is solid. I get it mercy. Yea sure it’s SOLID

Fold your 2/7 off suit dude. That won’t stretch to a straight as much as you want to try

Lol. That’s a pretty gracious post. The fact that you see misery is telling.

Read his posts in this thread. He is repeatedly down on the offense, says the team is a .500 club, complains about wins over ETSU being not good enough, gets in a fight with another guy about how mediocre EKU is or isn't, and then, following a sweep of LSU can only muster: "I wouldn't call this weekend great offense..."

So yes, that specific post wasn't extremely negative, but we have a very good baseball team that is now 22-4. Instead of giving any bit of attention to that he just wants to nitpick every single win and opponent while dogging the Vols, obviously adequate, offense. To me, that just seems like someone committed to being miserable regardless of reality.

you really need to read closer before commenting on something that makes you look silly. I never once not once said this was a .500 team. Good grief

Maybe the poster thinks that based on your post saying we might finish around 8th in the league and there would be no shame in finishing 14-16. When I read that, it was my take as well.

Maybe the poster thinks that based on your post saying we might finish around 8th in the league and there would be no shame in finishing 14-16. When I read that, it was my take as well.

Very big difference between being a .500 team and a 15-15 SEC record. In fact I’ve said 16-17 wins was possible and would host a regional which I think all of us would say Is a massively successful year.

Reactions: txbo
Very big difference between being a .500 team and a 15-15 SEC record. In fact I’ve said 16-17 wins was possible and would host a regional which I think all of us would say Is a massively successful year.

I’m just pointing out where the confusion might have happened. I didn’t take anything in that post to be referring to the OOC teams, just SEC and 14-16 is a game short of .500, 16-14 is a game above .500 and certainly 8th or lower would be bottom half.

I’m just pointing out where the confusion might have happened. I didn’t take anything in that post to be referring to the OOC teams, just SEC and 14-16 is a game short of .500, 16-14 is a game above .500 and certainly 8th or lower would be bottom half.

I still think this team might be a .500 SEC team. Not playing ole miss/MSU makes that less likely but it’s certainly still possible

VN Store

Back