NCAA First Round: The Official #5 Tennessee vs. #12 Oregon State Game Thread, 4:30 ET, TNT

I understand Barnes is looking for a specific type of culture here. Hardworking, defensive minded athletes that play the game the right way. But, he is getting lapped by the field. We need to SCORE points. We need perimeter shooting. I mean defense only gets you so far if you cannot put the ball in the hoop on the other end.
Hmmm reminds me of how the team tried to win in football. Defense. Run game. Offense wins in today's world.

Maybe. I think you'd have a different look right now if Pons could breathe on anyone though. Your senior defensive guy inside and he has to sit half the game with those whistles? Yeah I don't know about that. It's done now, but I think this would be a much tighter game if Pons hadn't benched repeatedly by the foul calls.
Pons isnt playing well tonight anyway. The other team draining 3s when we cant hit the broad side of a barn is why this isnt close right now.

Reactions: Enki_Amenra
This is what scared me about drawing the Beavs in the first round. They had been on a roll through the PAC-12 tourney and were playing with alot of confidence, which is something our Vols have lacked for months. I figured either we would win or lose big. Sadly, it seems to be the latter.

That's the 5-12 curse in a nutshell. A team that's cooled off falls to 5, and a team who gets super-hot in their conference tourney gets one of those 12s, and here we are.

That isn’t possible today. OSU isn’t ready allowing them to run. Vols aren’t just missing, they’re missing bad for the most part. Not close.
I agree horrible horrible shooting. In the Tournament everyone can beat you when you shoot like this.

You guys blaming officials for this debacle is pathetic. You sound like Memphis or KY fans. Bad officiating is not playing any part in this. Oregon St athletically has no business being on the floor with UT and yet here we are. UT is laying a giant egg and that is all there is to say.
You right this ain’t the officials fault at all, I agree 100% with you. But you can’t seriously sit there with a straight face and say they haven’t missed multiple calls on both Johnson’s and Springer? We are fortunate to be only losing by 15 at this point as it should be worse with the way they shooting 3’s compared to us. They have more assist than us and more rebounds and more 3’s. They have outplayed us in almost every phase!

Every damn time we have a chance to go under 15 we do something stupid.

Stupid, stupid stupid team.

So we have a guy elbowed in the face and dropped on the other end and no foul and they get an open 3.

We ain't winning but these refs still suck.

VN Store

Back