Per Hyams - Tennessee shut down due to Covid

Amen!! As widely reported several former/current LEOs were riding motorcycles when a car plowed into the group, three of the motorcycle riders were killed - all three death certificates listed cause of death . . . drum roll . . . COVID-19! The wives of the riders were outraged and demanded that the ME change the certificates accordingly as none of the LEOs had symptoms or had tested positive for COVID-19.

There are many other news articles of similar instances were COVID-19 was listed as the cause of death and family members stating that the deceased did not have or test positive for the illness.

If COVID truly was the cause of death, per the media of over 500,000, why is the average deaths in the US from 2019 to 2020 only separated by approximately 160,000 or an increase of 1.12%? On average over 800,000 people die in the US per year since before 2010 with an average increase per year of over 1%, with what has been widely reported wouldn't this number be closer to 1,300,000 deaths?

The number of COVID-19 deaths have been greatly exaggerated - imagine that.

Oh, here is the link that I used for the statistics - and don't give me any crap for the banner on the top of the CDC page.

U.S. Death Rate 1950-2021 | MacroTrends

GBO

Did you seriously try to make an anti-COVID argument with a document that clearly states that it does not take into account COVID?

What would the motivation be to give a cause of death something that it isn't? Covid-19 is not a valid 'cause of death' and would not pass scrutiny. Pneumonia secondary to Covid would fly. I seriously doubt the validity of the story you reference.

COVID-19 is any a valid cause of death??? Yes it would pass scrutiny. Especially within the past year. Answer this, why is it pertinent to list COVID as a cause of death if it didn’t cause the death?

What would the motivation be to misrepresent cause of death as you imply?

Money. Hospitals are getting paid for every positive COVID test and every patient that gets out on a ventilator because of it. If there is no motivation, as you think, then why isn’t there universal standards that apply to coding deaths?

Reactions: BigDave
Money. Hospitals are getting paid for every positive COVID test and every patient that gets out on a ventilator because of it. If there is no motivation, as you think, then why isn’t there universal standards that apply to coding deaths?

Hospitals don't make diagnoses. Doctors do. Doctors don't get paid based on the diagnoses they make but rather the work that is done to manage disease.

Good. Keep up the nonsense. College aged students need educating in regards to the people for whom they will vote in future elections.

Reactions: kiddiedoc
The word to know is "endemic."

It is the future of covid-19.

Coronavirus started in one province of China as an epidemic ("a widespread occurrence of an infectious disease in a community"). Then it spread beyond the Wuhan province, across China and around the globe, and became a pandemic ("(of a disease) prevalent over a whole country or the world"). And as we get used to living with it, develop a degree of herd immunity (but never 100%, it's not going away entirely, ever), it will become endemic ("(of a disease or condition) regularly found among people or in a certain area").

Just as the flu is. Just as the common cold is. It is not going away, ever.

So far so good in your post. But I think you're wrong about "life as you knew it is probably a thing of the past". I think that's off. I think we'll get back to normal as we achieve a significant degree of herd immunity.

Will people continue to die of covid-19? Yes. And they die every year of the flu. And pneumonia. But the % who die of covid will drop dramatically as we reach some steady state of herd immunity, enough of a natural buffer among the population that the disease doesn't find so many ultra-vulnerable victims in any given season.

That's the future. Covid-19 endemic to the human population. And us getting on with life.
You seem to have a ton of time on your hands. Every time I see a post from you it goes on and on... and on. You also seem to feel like you need to try to educate everyone. Please do not respond with a paragraphs long answer. I’m simply giving you my take on things as you SO OFTEN do to others.

Reactions: tnvols72
You seem to have a ton of time on your hands. Every time I see a post from you it goes on and on... and on. You also seem to feel like you need to try to educate everyone. Please do not respond with a paragraphs long answer. I’m simply giving you my take on things as you SO OFTEN do to others.
I'm retired. I have tons of time :)

And I love sharing info. I love receiving it, and sharing it out as well.

Yep, you nailed me on both counts.

I'm simply giving you my take on things you gave me your take on. :)

Reactions: AM64
Amen!! As widely reported several former/current LEOs were riding motorcycles when a car plowed into the group, three of the motorcycle riders were killed - all three death certificates listed cause of death . . . drum roll . . . COVID-19! The wives of the riders were outraged and demanded that the ME change the certificates accordingly as none of the LEOs had symptoms or had tested positive for COVID-19.

There are many other news articles of similar instances were COVID-19 was listed as the cause of death and family members stating that the deceased did not have or test positive for the illness.

If COVID truly was the cause of death, per the media of over 500,000, why is the average deaths in the US from 2019 to 2020 only separated by approximately 160,000 or an increase of 1.12%? On average over 800,000 people die in the US per year since before 2010 with an average increase per year of over 1%, with what has been widely reported wouldn't this number be closer to 1,300,000 deaths?

The number of COVID-19 deaths have been greatly exaggerated - imagine that.

Oh, here is the link that I used for the statistics - and don't give me any crap for the banner on the top of the CDC page.

U.S. Death Rate 1950-2021 | MacroTrends

GBO

tenor.gif

I swear it’s mind boggling to see people still think this COVID crap is this ultra deadly thing that is such a a huge threat. Our glorious government has created a ridiculous state of fear that unfortunately a vast majority of the people have bought into hook, line and sinker. So sad.
Some people depends on these scientists and Govt to tell them what to do and whats best for them.

Reactions: BigOrangeTrain
Whatever you wear over your mouth and nose, if it traps moisture, it reduces virus spread.

The water droplets you breathe out, they vary widely in size. If the smallest ones are likened to jet skis, the biggest ones are like aircraft carriers.

And every one of them is super huge to a covid-19 virion (virion = single virus particle). I mean, the virion is like an ant by comparison.

And these ants, the absolute best way for them to travel around the vast reaches of space between one human host and another...is stuck on the side of one of those water droplets. Either the jet ski sized ones, or the aircraft carriers.

From the virion's perspective, the advantage of the jet ski size is, they stay floating in the air a whole lot longer. Unfortunately, they also evaporate faster, leaving the virion without support quicker.

The advantage of the aircraft carrier is, it won't evaporate for hours. The disadvantage is, it gets pulled down to the ground much faster, doesn't float on air currents as well.

But the virion doesn't get to choose which it rides on, so we end up seeing virus particles on all the different sizes of water droplets. Almost all of them too small for a human to see with their naked eye. Even the aircraft carriers.

So now you're wearing what you call a t-shirt over your mouth and nose. Is it trapping a lot of that water vapor? Oh heck yes. You can tell for yourself: breathe in a mask, even the flimsiest mask, for 10-15 minutes. Then see if it's damp on the inside. Yep, sure is. That's virus protection.

Even as flimsy a mask as a t-shirt can screen a surprising percentage* of those water droplets out of the air you're breathing out. And do the same with the air you're breathing in, as well.

That's virus protection. Masks work. It's just absolutely, plain and simple common sense.

* Saw a scientific paper several months ago that concluded N95 masks, properly worn, are 95% effective at blocking covid-19 (largely because it blocks the water droplets on which most covid virions ride), and that even a single ply of cotton fabric, like a handkerchief, blocks roughly 50% (again, worn snug over both mouth and nose). That t-shirt is more effective than you think.
That's not what the research shows. CDC points to only one randomized controlled study which concluded:

Conclusions: This study is the first RCT of cloth masks, and the results caution against the use of cloth masks. This is an important finding to inform occupational health and safety. Moisture retention, reuse of cloth masks and poor filtration may result in increased risk of infection. Further research is needed to inform the widespread use of cloth masks globally. However, as a precautionary measure, cloth masks should not be recommended for HCWs, particularly in high-risk situations, and guidelines need to be updated.

CDC

Additional studies call into question effectiveness of masks:

masks

I've seen more published, but you get the idea. Keep wearing your mask JP, I plan on wearing mine for the psychological impact on others. But I wouldn't be drawn into a false sense of security that the t-shirt over your nose is going to protect you. JMO.

That's not what the research shows. CDC points to only one randomized controlled study which concluded:

Conclusions: This study is the first RCT of cloth masks, and the results caution against the use of cloth masks. This is an important finding to inform occupational health and safety. Moisture retention, reuse of cloth masks and poor filtration may result in increased risk of infection. Further research is needed to inform the widespread use of cloth masks globally. However, as a precautionary measure, cloth masks should not be recommended for HCWs, particularly in high-risk situations, and guidelines need to be updated.

CDC

Additional studies call into question effectiveness of masks:

masks

I've seen more published, but you get the idea. Keep wearing your mask JP, I plan on wearing mine for the psychological impact on others. But I wouldn't be drawn into a false sense of security that the t-shirt over your nose is going to protect you. JMO.

The CDC themselves recommend folks wear masks. Everywhere you turn on their web pages.

At the end of the day, brother, we all gonna do what we think is right. For me, it just seems super common-sense that masks filter water droplets, and so virus, out of the air. But you do what makes sense for you.

Reactions: PNW Huskie and AM64
Those numbers are bogus and you know it.
But it helps with their fear and narrative that they are shooting for. My mother in law passed away back in Sept. in New Orleans ,She was tested 4 times in 4 days from going back and forth from the nursing home to the hospital and she tested negative all 4 times and that 4th night she died and we get her death certificate and the cause of death was covid. until my wife raised you know what with the hospital until it was changed to the real reason which was kidney failure. But people will believe what they have been told to believe.

I have to admit, in the colder months, I actually quite like wearing a mask. It keeps my face warm!

Speaking of wearing masks. One observation I had during this past year is how quickly Americans rush to individualize themselves, even in the midst of a global pandemic. The Chinese have been wearing masks publicly for years due to pollution levels. Anytime you see images of the Chinese wearing masks publicly, they are always the plain surgical type masks. Every one of them. However here in America, it took all of a couple of months before people started "bedazzling" their masks, wearing sports masks, wearing masks with goofy expressions, masks with their favorite rock bands, etc. LMAO! We love us some us in the states!
Don’t even try to come up in here and act like you don’t have a Ace Frehley mask, cause we ain’t buying that BS!
😎
GBO!!

The CDC themselves recommend folks wear masks. Everywhere you turn on their web pages.

At the end of the day, brother, we all gonna do what we think is right. For me, it just seems super common-sense that masks filter water droplets, and so virus, out of the air. But you do what makes sense for you.
Nonpharmaceutical Measures for Pandemic Influenza in Nonhealthcare Settings—Personal Protective and Environmental Measures
"In pooled analysis, we found no significant reduction in influenza transmission with the use of face masks"

A cluster randomised trial of cloth masks compared with medical masks in healthcare workers

I watched an interview today where the city of Cincinnati got $290 million dollars in the latest covid package, just slightly less than their annual budget of around $380 million dollars. The mayor's reply was that they finally got back some of the money they have paid in over the years.

VN Store

Back