Cal & Roy on way out ???

They won't replace him with some Goober who just fell off the turnip truck in Rainsville, Alabama

They never do. That's been their approach before, and they still went a decade plus with Tubby Smith and Billy Gillispie. In general they are unlikely to hire someone who goes to 5 Final Fours in a decade or brings like 8 NBA All-Stars to campus

UNC could always do something stupid like hiring Vanderbilt head coach Jerry Stackhouse:D
I wish that they would. I would love that. Jerry can’t even keep his mind right on Twitter with Vandy fans, I can only imagine how he would handle the intensity of Tobacco Road. Probably get kicked out of the Governor’s Club for killing frogs with his .22 in his backyard like he did last time he was here.

Reactions: Border Vol
They never do. That's been their approach before, and they still went a decade plus with Tubby Smith and Billy Gillispie. In general they are unlikely to hire someone who goes to 5 Final Fours in a decade or brings like 8 NBA All-Stars to campus
Still can’t believe Duke lost to that 98 UK team in the East Regional final in Tampa with Tubby coaching.

Unless he was fired, why would he go to UNC?

Hot seat, huge ego...on both sides. Cal leaving for an equal job would be a win-win.

Kentuckians are meaner than than $#&@ about round-ball.

They ran off Bear Bryant because he was a threat to Adolph Rump.

But, I don't think the Tarheels would take Cal. Too many miles..

Last edited:
Reactions: Border Vol
If both Calipari and Williams were to resign or be fired, Kentucky and North Carolina would both be choosing from elite coaching applicants.

Reactions: TrumpedUpVol
Reactions: golfballs
If both Calipari and Williams were to resign or be fired, Kentucky and North Carolina would both be choosing from elite coaching applicants.
I think UNC would pursue a top shelf college basketball head coach while Kentucky would pursue an NBA head coach.

Reactions: Volfan1000
The rumor (heavy emphasis on RUMOR)has been that Roy is possibly stepping down and that former UNC player and current UNCG head coach Wes Miller is the guy to watch. I don’t see it. I think when Roy steps away he will do what Dean did and leave as loaded of a roster as possible for the next guy.
I’d be very surprised if Hubert Davis isn’t next man up after Roy steps down.

Reactions: wmcovol

latest

In the last few days, you have claimed you:

- are personal friends with Phil Fulmer
- are friends with several UT players
- know people in the college basketball world

You may be the most well connected person that is able to leverage those connections to bring credibility to what would otherwise appear as non-credible posts to the average reader.

51yo been around the block

VN Store

Back