Over the course of a year a net of 788,381 People Moved to The 'freest' Five States in America

Franklin Pierce

When people vote – with a moving van or a U-Haul truck – they vote for lower taxes and smaller government. That’s the conclusion from comparing a new report on freedom at the state level with the most recent U.S. Census Bureau data.

Over the course of a year a net of 788,381 people moved to Florida, New Hampshire, Tennessee, Texas and Virginia, the "freest" five states in America, according to the Fraser Institute’s annual Economic Freedom in North America index.

The annual report, published by Canada’s Fraser Institute, ranks the states and provinces of the U.S., Canada, and Mexico using objective measures of government spending, tax rates and labor market freedom. The least-free U.S. state is New York. West Virginia, Alaska, California and Vermont round out the bottom five.

Chuck DeVore: Americans move to freedom – people fleeing these 5 states. Here's why

Reactions: TNVOLNAVY
When people vote – with a moving van or a U-Haul truck – they vote for lower taxes and smaller government. That’s the conclusion from comparing a new report on freedom at the state level with the most recent U.S. Census Bureau data.

Over the course of a year a net of 788,381 people moved to Florida, New Hampshire, Tennessee, Texas and Virginia, the "freest" five states in America, according to the Fraser Institute’s annual Economic Freedom in North America index.

The annual report, published by Canada’s Fraser Institute, ranks the states and provinces of the U.S., Canada, and Mexico using objective measures of government spending, tax rates and labor market freedom. The least-free U.S. state is New York. West Virginia, Alaska, California and Vermont round out the bottom five.

Chuck DeVore: Americans move to freedom – people fleeing these 5 states. Here's why

Well that study is severely flawed.

Reactions: EasternVol and AM64
I don't mind as long as they realize why they are leaving and they leave their politics in the hell hole they left.
On The Larry O'Connor Show here in DC, Larry interviewed a retired lawyer that moved from San Diego to Blount County. (The lawyer is a conservative pundit.) The last words from the lawyer were, "Tennessee welcomes you. But remember, you're not a missionary; you're a refugee. Leave your politics behind."

I've met more people from NY, MN, and NJ the last few months than I have the rest of my life in middle TN. As long as they don't vote for the same type of people who ruined their states, they are welcome.

We’re getting a bunch from WI here in Sumner County

Reactions: Ttucke11
VA and TX are not much different.
Not trying to pick a fight, but what are the similarities? Hell maybe I’ll learn something.
I’ve lived and worked in Texas and never felt the oppressive hand of government, no more than I would in Tennessee. I can feel the oppression when I cross into Virginia.

Reactions: AM64
On The Larry O'Connor Show here in DC, Larry interviewed a retired lawyer that moved from San Diego to Blount County. (The lawyer is a conservative pundit.) The last words from the lawyer were, "Tennessee welcomes you. But remember, you're not a missionary; you're a refugee. Leave your politics behind."
Perfect insight. It should be prominently posted on all signs coming into Tennessee.

Not trying to pick a fight, but what are the similarities? Hell maybe I’ll learn something.
I’ve lived and worked in Texas and never felt the oppressive hand of government, no more than I would in Tennessee. I can feel the oppression when I cross into Virginia.
Hog has an irrational fear and jealousy of TX. That’s all this is.

T shirt worthy.

VN Store

Back