THE OFFICIAL DUKE/UNC B-BALL THREAD 2020/21 (WORSE, SLOWER, MORE MASKS, LESS FANS, LESS W’s)

That’s the only team to even compare to this year’s Duke team. However, that 94-95 Duke team was good until Coach K tapped out for the season. Then they came unraveled. This year’s team doesn’t have that excuse.

They don’t really have that excuse, but they are young at the guard position and the 94-95 team was too. They had some good players, but Capel, Chris Collins, Wojo and Langdon were too young even though all of them were highly touted. If this group of guys ever stayed together and became upperclassmen they could be very good like those guys eventually became, well At least Langdon and Wojo kind of did. That Duke teamlost a lot of close games and this Duke team hadn’t lost an ACC game by more than 7 until last weekends debacle. It was fun watching them play good ball tonight, but I think it’s going to be too little too late for the Tournament.

Reactions: ArdentVol
I was taking a 2 hour exam when I got the message. 5 in 5 was probably impossible, but this Martha flawking sucks.
Disappointed for sure. 5 for 5 was going to be a huge task given FSU tonight and then the potential opponents. 2nd March in a row with no NCAA tournament for Duke, but hey let’s get a Zags vs Baylor final, I’m sure CBS will be pumped about that rating .

Disappointed for sure. 5 for 5 was going to be a huge task given FSU tonight and then the potential opponents. 2nd March in a row with no NCAA tournament for Duke, but hey let’s get a Zags vs Baylor final, I’m sure CBS will be pumped about that rating .

Ole Steven A said the season had been littered with Covid cases. I know they canceled some games but I didn’t know it hit the players that hard

if your watching OU/Kansas

Lightfoot has the right idea.
Already has a masters and is going to take all the eligibility the AA will give him to get another.

Well, it’s safe to say the Heels won’t make a deep run this year unless they catch some breaks.

To often they play outside themselves
They’re not committed to consistent defense
They struggle against solid defenses

Well, it’s safe to say the Heels won’t make a deep run this year unless they catch some breaks.

To often they play outside themselves
They’re not committed to consistent defense
They struggle against solid defenses
As much as I hate to say it, I’ll disagree and say that you guys can make a run. FSU is a good squad and you’ve beaten them once by double digits ad could’ve beaten them last night. I think you guys actually can impose your will a lot on D if you feel like it, and you obviously kill it on the boards. I wouldn’t be surprised to see you guys in the second weekend.

Reactions: ArdentVol
As much as I hate to say it, I’ll disagree and say that you guys can make a run. FSU is a good squad and you’ve beaten them once by double digits ad could’ve beaten them last night. I think you guys actually can impose your will a lot on D if you feel like it, and you obviously kill it on the boards. I wouldn’t be surprised to see you guys in the second weekend.
So unpredictable is the problem. I worry less about the defense and more about turnovers and the general lack of reliable shooting, especially at the foul line.

Reactions: RDU VOL#14

If they play their game and commit to defense I’ll be proud to say I was wrong. A lot of times they’ll hit one 3 and Jack them up like they’ve never missed. It’s frustrating.

I’m disappointed in you UNC guys. You get an 8/9 game versus Wisconsin with the chance to take on @BUBear ’s mighty Baylor Bears, Duke doesn’t even sniff the bubble and it’s crickets....

Reactions: BUBear
I’m disappointed in you UNC guys. You get an 8/9 game versus Wisconsin with the chance to take on @BUBear ’s mighty Baylor Bears, Duke doesn’t even sniff the bubble and it’s crickets....

March is better when there aren’t any viruses and the ACC is at full strength.

That’s as “nice” as I’ll be toward the devils. Lol

I like our chances against the Badgers, but I can’t consciously pick this Tarheel squad to knock off one of the 2-3 true title contenders.

March is better when there aren’t any viruses and the ACC is at full strength.

That’s as “nice” as I’ll be toward the devils. Lol
Hey man that’s a helluva lot better than what I have been getting around here lately. I’ll take what I can get. 😁

Hey man that’s a helluva lot better than what I have been getting around here lately. I’ll take what I can get. 😁

Sometimes you’ll catch me on an off day lol

I feel like your AD jumped the gun a bit ending the season/not accepting any bids. Though I completely understand why he did and I’m sure some of it was frustration.

VN Store

Back