Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
A lot of funny things happen around all the kneeling business. Like a particular demographic that routinely tells us about the evils of cancel culture trying to "cancel" the NFL. Like the fact that the NFL's next television deal(s) will be for roughly twice what the last one was for. Like kneeling, which as far as I'm aware has been a sign of respect and/or servitude since folks first believed in either of those concepts suddenly being disrespectful.

It's hilarious the gymnastics that folks will do to make themselves feel just a little bit morally superior to those around them.

Meanwhile NFL owners keep getting richer while pandering equally to all demographics.
And not to mention that the same people who hate kneeling are totally silent when far more disrespectful things go on during the anthem (I.e. ordering food/drinks, going to the bathroom, walking up the aisle while talking to their friends, on their phones, etc.). Kind of weird.

He ain't worth $40M a year for 4 years. The cowboys can pi$$ away money with the best of them with nothing to show for it.
It’s not about worth...it’s the market. That’s what you pay for a franchise QB. And it’s not getting cheaper!

A lot of funny things happen around all the kneeling business. Like a particular demographic that routinely tells us about the evils of cancel culture trying to "cancel" the NFL. Like the fact that the NFL's next television deal(s) will be for roughly twice what the last one was for. Like kneeling, which as far as I'm aware has been a sign of respect and/or servitude since folks first believed in either of those concepts suddenly being disrespectful.

It's hilarious the gymnastics that folks will do to make themselves feel just a little bit morally superior to those around them.

Meanwhile NFL owners keep getting richer while pandering equally to all demographics.
Nobody cares

It’s a lose lose type of argument and one that belongs in the off topic. I know it’s the off season and it’s what we do now, but damn, I’d like the RF Talk lll to stay that and not get blown into the RF Talk IV.

It’s a lose lose type of argument and one that belongs in the off topic. I know it’s the off season and it’s what we do now, but damn, I’d like the RF Talk lll to stay that and not get blown into the RF Talk IV.
What do you have against IV?

Things mean what the people who do them say they mean.

I don't give a **** about this topic, but you can't talk about mental "gymnastics" and then say that kneeling for the anthem is actually about showing respect in the same post. That is mental gymnastics 101.

Do you think this staff will allow more media coverage than the last staff? I know any coverage would be more that the last staff, but just was curious.

Also, I'm really impressed with how the entire staff presented themselves in the introductory press conferences.

Reactions: SmokinBob
Do you think this staff will allow more media coverage than the last staff? I know any coverage would be more that the last staff, but just was curious.

Also, I'm really impressed with how the entire staff presented themselves in the introductory press conferences.

I think so. Our new AD is all about selling the brand

I was visiting the Nolen thread earlier and there was a discussion going on about the run-pass mix of Heupel’s offense and how the seemingly lack of investment in the running game puts Heupel’s own defense at a disadvantage. The coaches have always said that they favor a balanced attack between running the ball and passing it. They’ve said they use tempo and formations to try to gain an advantage over the opposing defense.

The following table shows the run-pass mix of Heupel’s offense at UCF. I used national rankings for measuring the two aspects of the offense so we could see where it performed relative to all of FBS football. At the bottom of the table I added a row to show the actual number of rushing attempts per game and the actual number of passing attempts per game.

ScreenHunter 687.png

I get the idea that there’s a perception that exists that Heupel’s offense is pass happy and while it’s obviously geared toward more passing than we’ve seen in recent years the data suggests that Heupel runs the ball more than he passes the ball. The data also suggests that the offense has thus far found tremendous success whether on the ground or through the air.

Again, I think from the staff’s standpoint, they believe that the advantage of the offense is in tempo and formations. They want to overload the “mental” capacity of the defensive players and the opposing coaches communications structure – basically I think create confusion and miscommunication and things like that, and then take advantage of those defensive mistakes. I think that’s the way it works. We’re going to be the smart guys on the field and our goal is to make everyone else look dumb. jmo.

So the players kneel to show respect for the flag and all it stands for? I totally misunderstood the whole movement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back