Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ole Penny reported closed fists later. What a bust he was. Memphis fans thought they were going to build a dynasty and got a dude that can’t coach.

Eh, it was really what they had to do if you really understood the situation. They are paying him peanuts when it comes to coaching salaries. Hasn’t been a good floor coach, but he can recruit. They improved a lot this year just to get on the bubble. They were 6-5 and now like 16-7 even though the AAC isn’t great. I understand people don’t like them, and I thought he disrespected Barnes. But I grew up and live in Memphis and understand their situation.

Why shouldn't they ignore it? Two people not associated with UGA talking about how they cheat?

Might as well have the NCAA listen to this forum and keep the rest of the SEC permanently under investigation.
You have to, at least, look into it when specific names are accused. They must give due diligence, especially with it being in the media, if only to cover their backs down the road.

Eh, it was really what they had to do if you really understood the situation. They are paying him peanuts when it comes to coaching salaries. Hasn’t been a good floor coach, but he can recruit. They improved a lot this year just to get on the bubble. They were 6-5 and now like 16-7 even though the AAC isn’t great. I understand people don’t like them, and I thought he disrespected Barnes. But I grew up and live in Memphis and understand their situation.
I get it. I still hope their bubble bursts.

Just saw the game. Easily my favorite win of the year. Fulky and Pons were big time in their own ways. Awesome to see them walk off The Summitt winners, especially vs Florida.

Double bye is huge. Let's go win 3 straight next weekend. Not that crazy to imagine.

Also just finished watching. Difference in this games versus all season - Fulky finally looks healthy.

I don't believe that. Holly was always the good cop to Pat's bad cop, and couldn't make the change to be an effective head coach. In other words, a career assistant coach, Kellie's a true head coach, that knows how to run a program, correctly. Do I believe she can get the Lady Vols back to Pat's level ? No, but she will win more than Holly, especially if she can recruit like Holly did, I think she can get us back to the Final 4, maybe even win one. But, so far, she hasn't recruited to Holly's level, which shocks me, but it's been over a decade since they were great, so maybe I shouldn't be
Dog, there's not a coach out there who can get us back to Pat's level. It's gonna be the same with Saban when he hangs it up.

I have my permit. Just never felt too comfortable carrying. I felt like if I had a gun but was hesitant to use it, I would just be providing a weapon to a potential attacker.
If you carry a gun and are hesitant to use it, some one will shoot you if you pull it. Don't put yourself in that position.

You have to, at least, look into it when specific names are accused. They must give due diligence, especially with it being in the media, if only to cover their backs down the road.
So... Here's my opinion on the NCAA.

I think there is a massive misconception about what they are trying to do in college sports. The opinion I see mostly is "Everyone is cheating, and the NCAA would like to stop it but they are too undermanned or incompetent to do that".

I think that's naive. What the NCAA would like to do is make sure it doesn't become widespread knowledge that everyone is cheating.

There is zero chance that video gets seen by more than a few thousand people, so there is zero chance they are going to give a **** about it. If it was being reported by ESPN, then maybe they would investigate.

This is also why I don't buy that the NCAA is going to slap us on the wrist for self reporting. That would make sense if they were trying to prevent cheating. They aren't. They are trying to prevent cheating that makes headlines. And nothing makes headlines like self reporting dozens of level 1 violations. There is no reason to think the NCAA is happy about someone self reporting violations. They want CFB to exist exactly how it is as badly as anyone: Where a few million dollars are passed under the table to the best players and the schools reap the lion's share of the money.

Just my two cents.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back