2023 Recruiting

volnationnj

LadyVols_WBK list as of 4/29/22
2023 offers so far (w/ESPN National Ranking)

HAVE Visited
Madison Booker (6)
Olivia McGhee (35)
Jada Harrison

HAVE NOT Visited
Jadyn Donovan (10)
Hawa Doumbouya
S'Mya Nichols (33)
Aalyah Del Rosario (13)
Alyssa Latham
kymora-johnson

Last edited:
In no particular order :

Ashlynn Shade. 5’10” G. In. Offer 11/20
Hawa Doumbouya. 6’4”. P. Md offer 11/20
Cori Allen 5’10” G Nashville offer 4/20
Madison Booker 6’1” W. Ms. Offer 5/20
Chloe Clardy. 5’9” cg Ar Offer 6/20
Essence Cody 6’4” F. Ga. Offer 6/20
Mikaylah Williams 6’1” W. La. Offer 6/20
Sole Williams 5’9” G. Ohio offer 7/20

@PRG any guess as to how many we will take in the 23 class?

Sorry for late reply .... After next year ( 2021—22 ) Green , Rae , Walker, should be finished with their senior years ? We will know if Stricklin can be our post of the future? That being said .... 2022 —23 year

We welcome Justine as a Freshman and that is our only recruit as of now ! Will anyone take an extra year or portal come into play ? All of those unknowns we can look at what’s left ?
This will be Key and Saunders last year (Senior year ) so our post should be ok for this year ! However, if Stricklin is not the answer inside we better get a Big to come in with Justine ! Looking at numbers for that year .... if nothing unusual happens we should have 4 (senior) , 3 (juniors) , and 4 (sophomore) , and Justine for a total of 12 players with three scholarships available for the big I think we need ..... if we can get Barker or Patterson, f/w you take them ( top 10 players) and same for Bransford or Zyanna Walker , you take them because they are top 20 ish players for that year ( we have already offered these players) The worst case is you wait till year 2023 and hope your Freshman big can come in and start ? 🤷‍♂️
This is my best guess !

Last edited:
We offered in 5/20 ..... she also has offers from: Ole Miss , Miss.St., Ala, and us !

Here is a player that five SEC teams are high on and she can ball. 6-1 Emma Risch Emma Risch | WBB Blog her team lost in the state final to the best team in the state of FL American Heritage ? saw them on ESPN live in Dec 2020 vs Montverde Academy and Montverde Academy won that game . American Heritage starting lineup is big. American Heritage outlasts Palm Bay girls in 5A state final, win fourth straight Emma Risch# 3 in black in the game highlights.

Sorry for late reply .... After next year ( 2021—22 ) Green , Rae , Walker, should be finished with their senior years ? We will know if Stricklin can be our post of the future? That being said .... 2022 —23 year

We welcome Justine as a Freshman and that is our only recruit as of now ! Will anyone take an extra year or portal come into play ? All of those unknowns we can look at what’s left ?
This will be Key and Saunders last year (Senior year ) so our post should be ok for this year ! However, if Stricklin is not the answer inside we better get a Big to come in with Justine ! Looking at numbers for that year .... if nothing unusual happens we should have 4 (senior) , 3 (juniors) , and 4 (sophomore) , and Justine for a total of 12 players with three scholarships available for the big I think we need ..... if we can get Barker or Patterson, f/w you take them ( top 10 players) and same for Bransford or Zyanna Walker , you take them because they are top 20 ish players for that year ( we have already offered these players) The worst case is you wait till year 2023 and hope your Freshman big can come in and start ? 🤷‍♂️
This is my best guess !

I’d expect some transfers before then to places they can play.

I’d expect some transfers before then to places they can play.

I was thinking the same thing and i expect a transfer or two in. The good thing is i think Goldwire gets what the team needs. She recruited well in the Big 10 and got players that fit that League for Iowa. She then recruited SEC players to Arkansas to help fit their system...

I think if the 22’ haul is a top class we will all take breath...

I was thinking the same thing and i expect a transfer or two in. The good thing is i think Goldwire gets what the team needs. She recruited well in the Big 10 and got players that fit that League for Iowa. She then recruited SEC players to Arkansas to help fit their system...

I think if the 22’ haul is a top class we will all take breath...

I don`t disagree with you but at some point you will need to recruit a number of elite players to help you over the top. Like Iowa they have Caitlin Clark she is an elite player but she not enough get them a NC . Now with Arkansas Dungee is all world in my book but without an elite post player i don`t think they have enough firepower to win a NC this year. Just my two cents we can all agree to disagree. And Thank You for your post.

Reactions: Hoosier
I don`t disagree with you but at some point you will need to recruit a number of elite players to help you over the top. Like Iowa they have Caitlin Clark she is an elite player but she not enough get them a NC . Now with Arkansas Dungee is all world in my book but without an elite post player i don`t think they have enough firepower to win a NC this year. Just my two cents we can all agree to disagree. And Thank You for your post.

where’s the disagreement? LOL I know we need elite talent, you know we need it... so what is it you are saying that i’m not ? I’m not arguing just want clarity...

It’s no problem and you’re welcome. I just like being clear when trying to respond .

Last edited:
where’s the disagreement? LOL I know we need elite talent, you know we need it... so what is it you are saying that i’m not ? I’m not arguing just want clarity...

It’s no problem and you’re welcome. I just like being clear when trying to respond .

Oh no i don`t disagree with you. I`m just saying to keep pace with A&M and SC we will need to get some of the elite talent on display. I`m not counting on the 21 class to make a lot noise ?.

Oh no i don`t disagree with you. I`m just saying to keep pace with A&M and SC we will need to get some of the elite talent on display. I`m not counting on the 21 class to make a lot noise ?.

Yes, I agree i think they add solid depth though and i really believe Kaiya can contribute because of her athleticism.

i like and appreciate your posts as well

Dang. In January, Risch was averaging 18 pts., 5rebounds, 4 assists, and 3 steals. Also carries a 4.0 GPA (4.39 weighted GPA).

All as a sophomore playing 5A ball.

Wren's Riley Stack is a name to know on the 2023 recruiting circuit New 2023 prospect page on WBB Blog: Riley Stack, 6-4 W/F, Wren HS (Piedmont, SC) — just picked up an offer from South Carolina; first D-I offer was from Oklahoma State, late last month, with two others in between , Stack was born and raised in Tennessee and moved to the Anderson area just before her freshman year.

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK

VN Store

Back