Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
The lyrics are said to be intended to poke fun at University President William Lambdin (Colonel) Prather. Prather had attended Washington College, now Washington and Lee University, whose president was Robert E. Lee. Prather was known for including in his speeches a similar admonition, "The eyes of Texas are upon you," meaning that the state of Texas was watching and expecting the students to go out and do great things.

I lived in the heart of Sand Mountain for almost seven years and your statement is blatantly wrong. It is just like everywhere else, sure..there are some real penisnoggins around, but most people were salt of the earth.

The place I live in now is infinitely worse as far as people go. Regular Sand Mountain people are no better or worse than anywhere else I have lived.
Fair enough. I lived in Rainsville for awhile but most of my opinion is honestly from vastly recognized reputation. Even my redneck family in Scottsboro reveres Sand Mountain for infamy. I concede to you if you lived there 7 years.

Phil doesn't hire Steele in a vacuum. Donde had to approve of it for it to happen.
I don’t think they intended to fire Pruitt...much less force Fulmer to retire at the time of the hire. Steele was going to be the new DC. She’s a Chancellor who doesn’t micromanage or divert money away from the football program. If you want Cheek back, start a telethon! 😏

I don’t think they intended to fire Pruitt...much less force Fulmer to retire at the time of the hire. Steele was going to be the new DC. She’s a Chancellor who doesn’t micromanage or divert money away from the football program. If you want Cheek back, start a telethon! 😏
Or maybe we can hire someone completely different from both. Not sure why you feel it needs to be one or the other?

Hopefully she gets better at her job then. Pruitt had to go, but she also mishandled this investigation. Despite what some believe, both can be and are true.
She hired a law firm for the investigation and let them do their job...same thing she’s guilty with Fulmer. She does her job and not the AD’s. More of that will be even better...all true.

I usually don't feel too comfortable sharing personal information online and such but I spend a lot of time on here.

My grandfather passed away today. I've had great grandparents pass when I was a kid and teen. But this is an indescribable pain at the moment. He was my papaw. But growing up without a dad he also stepped up in that role so much throughout my life. It hurts because he was only 63, I never thought this would happen anytime this soon. He never got to see me marry or have a kid of my own, I have a lot of regrets but deep down I know he wouldn't want me feeling guilty about anything. He would want me to live. That's what I plan on doing.

Oh by the way, BIG ORANGE FAN UNTIL THE VERY END. He always joked he wanted to be put in the body farm in Knoxville. But hes being buried with a beautiful power T. This is why no matter the state of the program, I'll never give up on UT. It was one of things I bonded with my papaw the most.

I am sooo sorry - I hope time eases your pain and leaves you only with those wonderful memories.
1614901816634.png

No one should ever knock NB. They are the only tennis shoe I have worn for the past 20 or so years. Didn't know much about them back then but my Ortho doctor told me to give them a try and he also stated at that time that NB was THE MOST recommended athletic shoe at that time. I have never looked back.

Nowadays people aren’t knocking NB because of their quality and comfort. It’s because they’re not very stylish and typically worn by old white guys. You know, the bane of the existence of everyone who isn’t old and white and male? I’m skeptical of this new social science, but that’s what the news tells me every day.

Phil doesn't hire Steele in a vacuum. Donde had to approve of it for it to happen.

True but do you really think Donde knows anything close to what Fulmer knows about football? Come on. Fulmer walked into her office and said we need to hire Kevin Steele. Then she said ok so what you need to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back