Coronavirus (No politics)

My wife is a Pediatrician. She’s still seeing multiple new cases every day in her clinic.
She was hoping for the beginning of May. Is concerned that this could cause another spike...
What are numbers looking like in Texas?

I'm doing it now, and loving it.

Haven’t worn a mask since the beginning, except for when I was made to going into my office.(taken off as soon as I walked in my office).

I’m not going to either. Mask are not going to stop the spread of the virus, it was a false sense of hope since the beginning.

My wife is a Pediatrician. She’s still seeing multiple new cases every day in her clinic.
She was hoping for the beginning of May. Is concerned that this could cause another spike...
It’s not about cases though.... it’s about hospitalizations and death rate....that will
Continue to go way down as more vaccines are given.

Haven’t worn a mask since the beginning, except for when I was made to going into my office.(taken off as soon as I walked in my office).

I’m not going to either. Mask are not going to stop the spread of the virus, it was a false sense of hope since the beginning.

same.

I unfortunately have to wear at work due to me working at a hospital, but its off as soon as I leave. Everyone that works here has had it including me, even the germaphobes who wear one 24/7 and sanitize everything....

Reactions: 24/7vol

All other airborne viruses are way down especially the flu. I would say mask played a big part of that. I would say my family as a whole have been less sick this past year because of all the mandates. Even so, I’m ready for the mandates to be lifted and for things to get back to normal. I plan on going to an event in Texas in May and it was nice seeing the mandates being lifted down there... should be more enjoyable.

All other airborne viruses are way down especially the flu. I would say mask played a big part of that. I would say my family as a whole have been less sick this past year because of all the mandates. Even so, I’m ready for the mandates to be lifted and for things to get back to normal. I plan on going to an event in Texas in May and it was nice seeing the mandates being lifted down there... should be more enjoyable.
A lot of that has to do with us not being around other people like we use too..... especially kids not having school.

Reactions: Volator

No it hasn’t. People staying home especially old people is the biggest player in that.

A lot of that has to do with us not being around other people like we use too..... especially kids not having school.

In Knoxville, schools have been in-person all year. So have pre-schools. Kids have had play-dates. Families have gathered. Most of this is with reduced numbers and precautions. But it's very unusual for flu to be virtually non-existent. The opportunity for the flu to spread (at least some) has been there.

In Knoxville, schools have been in-person all year. So have pre-schools. Kids have had play-dates. Families have gathered. Most of this is with reduced numbers and precautions. But it's very unusual for flu to be virtually non-existent. The opportunity for the flu to spread (at least some) has been there.
our kids have to wear masks. it sucks they cant just be kids but, its good for others kids.

Rona killed the flu virus.

Reactions: Volator
our kids have to wear masks. it sucks they cant just be kids but, its good for others kids.

My son is in person - 1st grade. They wear masks in the classroom. But they don't while eating lunch or while on the playground. And I'm sure that not all kids his age wear their masks continually or correctly during class time. The no flu thing is more interesting to me, because we know that young kids don't typically have symptomatic Covid.

My son is in person - 1st grade. They wear masks in the classroom. But they don't while eating lunch or while on the playground. And I'm sure that not all kids his age wear their masks continually or correctly during class time. The no flu thing is more interesting to me, because we know that young kids don't typically have symptomatic Covid.
right, fer the chirrens, think that any mask is better than no mask.

i think limiting large gatherings has def helped, and certainly keeping activities outdoors. for instance lack of the indoor gymnasium activities after hours, kids on top of one another in the styrofoam germ centrifuge, has helped.

right, fer the chirrens, think that any mask is better than no mask.

i think limiting large gatherings has def helped, and certainly keeping activities outdoors. for instance lack of the indoor gymnasium activities after hours, kids on top of one another in the styrofoam germ centrifuge, has helped.

My son's basketball season just wrapped. 🤷‍♀️

Are they 100% in person bc I know my family near there had the option for in person or virtual? Also..... it several factors.... over 20,000,000 more people have had the flu vaccine.... social distancing.... people staying home more.....limited capacity events..... at the place I work.... we were N95 masks with a surgical mask/face shield combo and still over 95% of the building had covid at one time..

glad he got to play!
My son is 10 and I screwed up and signed up for the wrong league.... he just got to practice while they played a games at a different rec league down the road...... elementary school season was cancelled for him.

Its simple, they just aren’t checking for thE flu. My wife and I took our two youngest to the doctor 2 wks ago. The pediatrician suggested they be tested for Covid so we agreed. Kids were real lethargic, sore throat and just pale around the eyes. Same way they get every year when they get the flu. Rapid came back negative as did strep. I asked if she thought it was the flu she said no haven’t been seeing the flu that she was treating it as rhino virus until She sent the Covid test off, couple days later gotta call it was negative also. 2 days pass kids still no better my daughter woke up with a rash ( very similar to Scarlett fever) so we took both to urgent care. 1st thing they did was check for flu and strep within 5-10 minutes both were positive for type A flu and strep. The flu cases are down cause the doctors have been advised to not check for it.

Its simple, they just aren’t checking for thE flu. My wife and I took our two youngest to the doctor 2 wks ago. The pediatrician suggested they be tested for Covid so we agreed. Kids were real lethargic, sore throat and just pale around the eyes. Same way they get every year when they get the flu. Rapid came back negative as did strep. I asked if she thought it was the flu she said no haven’t been seeing the flu that she was treating it as rhino virus until She sent the Covid test off, couple days later gotta call it was negative also. 2 days pass kids still no better my daughter woke up with a rash ( very similar to Scarlett fever) so we took both to urgent care. 1st thing they did was check for flu and strep within 5-10 minutes both were positive for type A flu and strep. The flu cases are down cause the doctors have been advised to not check for it.
My students literally do not have it. The usual flu like symptoms that are around in the winter wasn't there this year. We had to close school down for quarantine issues and not sickness. This little infection rate for flu (that I've witnessed in the classroom) hasn't happened in I don't know how long

Reactions: Kristy*

VN Store

Back