Offense is a red flag

BruinVol

Throw out the two midweek games against an awful opponent and you will see this team has issues scoring runs.

7+games against solid midmajor teams this team is averaging less than 5 runs a game.

Georgia southern gave up 8 runs a game to ECU and Indiana state gave up 6 a game to Pitt for reference.

All this spells a bottom 1/3 SEC team is heading our way

It's early. A concern sure but it's got time to improve. With the youth we have in the lineup now and losing Daniels and Lip and other upperclassmen they're going to struggle some.
I hate the a team is young line but that fits this team to a T

Reactions: feathersax
Throw out the two midweek games against an awful opponent and you will see this team has issues scoring runs.

7+games against solid midmajor teams this team is averaging less than 5 runs a game.

Georgia southern gave up 8 runs a game to ECU and Indiana state gave up 6 a game to Pitt for reference.

7-2 and ranked #15 in country is all I see. Bama wasn’t expecting to lose to UTM and Bama only scored 6 runs that game. Season just started and the boys will get better as the season goes on.

7-2 through 9 games of a 56-58 game season ain’t bad. Baseball is a long season and if the breaks fall your way, then they do.

7-2 is a good start but it’s the way it’s came that’s worrisome. Not only are we struggling to score the games the Vols are winning are extremely close against inferior opponents.

Reactions: conredge
Bama was still ranked #22 and also play in the SEC. an OVC team should not be beating an SEC team.

The Utm loss was awful I agree

Bama is worse than Tenn. They will struggle mightily come SEC play. I think they are only ahead of Mizzu and Kentucky when it comes to the SEC

Panic much?:rolleyes:o_O:p

you already lost one bet ....lol. I’m joking I’d say covid ruined that bet

what’s your amount?
Let me think. Here is my observation of what is going on. Without naming some names we have some draft eligible guys with high projections pressing and trying to do to much. We saw it with Andre two years ago and saw it with Alerick last year. It’s natural. Andre came into his own and Alerick was starting too. The second these guys settle down the bats will explode. My biggest concern is the status of Leath. I hope is hammy doesn’t keep him and extended period.

Let me think. Here is my observation of what is going on. Without naming some names we have some draft eligible guys with high projections pressing and trying to do to much. We saw it with Andre two years ago and saw it with Alerick last year. It’s natural. Andre came into his own and Alerick was starting too. The second these guys settle down the bats will explode. My biggest concern is the status of Leath. I hope is hammy doesn’t keep him and extended period.

To be fair there wouldn’t be any shame in finishing 8-10th. There will be a bunch of teams with 14-16 wins in the league

Last edited:
I think it is hard not to press when you look up there and there are 30 plus scouts watching every game. I think some of the pitchers are doing the same thing and when they all just settle down we will be okay. They will realize it is 4 months until the draft and they have plenty of time to get it done. Especially fielders, scouts want to see consistency. Pitchers it is either consistency in getting outs or velocity. I think we will be fine when you look at what the other teams have done against similar to lower competition. This weekend will be a pivotal point in the year. They got beat by someone they probably should not have even though ISU is a good team and could hit really well. They went into extra innings and won on walk-off which you have to be able to do. We have only played 16% of schedule so far.

Reactions: Volsbaseballfan1

VN Store

Back