'22 GA QB Sam Horn (Mizzou commit)

Ok what makes more sense here:

BigOrangeTrain knows more than Nick Saban, Dabo Swinney, and all of the recruiting analysts when scouting QBs

-OR-

Ty Simpson is better than Sam Horn
What makes the most sense is that it's way too early to say who is better before either has taken a college snap. This is all just guess work. We're talking about a highly rated 4 star and a 5 star. Either can boom or bust here.

Reactions: MarcoVol
AP just said that if Sam commits sooner that it wouldn’t be good for us. His long standing relationship with Drinkwitz at Mizzou will take a little bit to overcome. He was going to commit to us last summer but realized Pruitt and co. Didn’t want him he back away and started looking elsewhere. So we need him to wait before committing.

Get your cups on in here boys. AP saying Horn deciding soon and UT is far behind Mizzou. Horn knows he’s not UT’s top choice and was ready to commit last summer but Pruitt wouldn’t let him. Mizzou has made him a priority and has a big lead. Ugh.
I assume that’s why we’ve offered Treyven Jackson out of IN.

Things can change. We also brought over the Mizzu Director of Recruiting and have been on the kid with new staff. I’m sure it wouldn’t take long to make a comeback

Reactions: PA Vol
Can you imagine how difficult it would be to grow up a Tennessee fan, dreaming of playing for the Vols, and instead choosing Missouri and having to drive thru Knoxville and pass right by Neyland Stadium to get to Columbia, MO, another 6+ hours away? Especially with a new staff that clearly wants you in Knoxville? I have to think that his heart will come into play as his decision nears, and he likely owes it to himself to slow things down a bit and give this staff a chance if his affinity for Tennessee is really as strong as he indicates. Heupel and Co. can't be responsible for Pruitt's failures.

giphy-downsized-large.gif

We hired a coach in late January when the trend last year was for recruits to commit early and lock up their spots. If that trend continues, which it looks like it will, TN is going to struggle in recruiting for 2022 due to a lack of relationships and not having the time to create them. It is what it is.

Reactions: MarcoVol
Just like I suspected yet again. Oh well. I cannot believe we are gonna lose a top flight QB battle against freaking Missouri. Thanks Pruitt. Thanks Fulmer. Ugh.

Reactions: PA Vol
We hired a coach in late January when the trend last year was for recruits to commit early and lock up their spots. If that trend continues, which it looks like it will, TN is going to struggle in recruiting for 2022 due to a lack of relationships and not having the time to create them. It is what it is.

I have been saying it. 2022 will likely be our worst recruiting class in a long, long time. Some people don’t really realize what Fulmer and Pruitt did to this program.

Reactions: onevol74
Can you imagine how difficult it would be to grow up a Tennessee fan, dreaming of playing for the Vols, and instead choosing Missouri and having to drive thru Knoxville and pass right by Neyland Stadium to get to Columbia, MO, another 6+ hours away? Especially with a new staff that clearly wants you in Knoxville? I have to think that his heart will come into play as his decision nears, and he likely owes it to himself to slow things down a bit and give this staff a chance if his affinity for Tennessee is really as strong as he indicates. Heupel and Co. can't be responsible for Pruitt's failures.

Well if he drove through Knoxville to get to Columbia from Gwinnett County, I would have some serious concerns about his map reading ability. But the rest of your point is definitely taken.

Well if he drove through Knoxville to get to Columbia from Gwinnett County, I would have some serious concerns about his map reading ability. But the rest of your point is definitely taken.
Fair point. I guess you'd take 24 West out of Chattanooga. Still, the idea that you'd drive thru almost the entire state of Tennessee to arrive at your college destination 3x further away from home than the place you dreamed of playing, you have to think that eventually weighs on a kid whose family bleeds orange.

Reactions: norrislakevol

VN Store

Back