Game Thread: (20/21) Lady Vols vs. Auburn

This time last year we were all biting our nails as a bubble team before the world changed.

COVID SUCKS because it’s been YEARS since we were able to host rounds 1 and 2 and we were on the path to earning that this year ! would have loved TBA to send Rennia off the sweet 16 with some wins!

COVID SUCKS because it’s been YEARS since we were able to host rounds 1 and 2 and we were on the path to earning that this year ! would have loved TBA to send Rennia off the sweet 16 with some wins!
Yep I could sweet sixteen coming this year and maybe still will see it but definitely at home.

Missouri fades in games they could still lose. I hope they go ahead and win Miss St deserves to lose they are not giving any effort.

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
Getting tickets for San Antonio. There will be checkerboards and orange shakers present....

Shout out to these ladies for an extremely well plated game. Everyone who was able to, got minutes today and made the most of them.

Rennia. Thank you. For everything. Thank you for staying, thank you for your dedication to this program and this team. Thank you for taking up the challenge to be a leader for this team and a new face for this university and fans to get behind. Your consistent greatness as a player and person will go down in history for this program.

KK thank for for your resiliency. You’ve gone through so much and have developed a lot over the last 4 years as a person and a player. I hope you come back but completely understand moving forward in your career. Congrats on a career high and on a great season.

This game makes me even more unbothered about next year with regards to having huge drop off.

Outside of the freshmen we have coming in; Salary and Walker can handle point guard duties after another offseason full time giving Horston the ability to play her full game as she has been the last few contests coming off the bench with scoring and assists because she isn’t focused on just setting up the offense and just letting the game flow. Look for her to continue taking that step forward this season and next. Tamari down low could be a walking double double, easily. Rae continuing to score on a tear. Marta and Darby both coming back healthy and in shape and we’re fine. Include the freshmen, healthy Green and continued improved Saunders... we’re fine. YET we will miss Rennia and KK immensely.

Let’s March into postseason! I hope we can take the tourney! That’d b a cherry to end the SEC season

I can almost guarantee barring injury that Key will be a first round WNBA draft choice her senior season. She has as much potential as any center playing on any team and she is starting to develop it more every game. I bet she will be stronger and her basketball skills far advanced from where they were this season. Her size and length along with her athleticism is going to be hard to deal with more every season she returns to college.

I can almost guarantee barring injury that Key will be a first round WNBA draft choice her senior season. She has as much potential as any center playing on any team and she is starting to develop it more every game. I bet she will be stronger and her basketball skills far advanced from where they were this season. Her size and length along with her athleticism is going to be hard to deal with more every season she returns to college.

Although I’m excited to see her continued growth this season... I want to see what she does next season and beyond. She can average 5 blocks with a 10+ points and rebounds.. she’s just so good with so much potential. And she has a nice jumper

I agree, she has a really nice shooting stroke as well. Don’t think the occasional long jumper or 3 is out of reach for her. She is so athletic at her length. The play where Horston tipped it to her is unstoppable. Beautiful athletic movement without the ball. At 6’7” the is no way a team can contest.

I agree, she has a really nice shooting stroke as well. Don’t think the occasional long jumper or 3 is out of reach for her. She is so athletic at her length. The play where Horston tipped it to her is unstoppable. Beautiful athletic movement without the ball. At 6’7” the is no way a team can contest.

Also, the fact she’s 8th on the block shots list her sophomore year, in a shortened season.. she’s already a problem.. but she could be a PROBLEM.

I am not a fan of Jordan Walker starting. If we are going to have any success in the SEC and NCAA tourneys, Jordan Houston is the key.

Not for sure but I believes she starts to allow some adrenaline to burn off of Horston. Plus she is a good backup with experience, even if she doesn‘t value the ball enough.

VN Store

Back