Game Thread: (20/21) Lady Vols vs. Auburn

Will I meet you in San Antonio?
can't make that trip,,,miss that city though,,,,Stationed at Medina Air Force base,,,lived there for a couple of years, right off of Harry s wurzback,,,miss; The riverwalk,,,,,,the Alamo,,,,mi terraza's mexican terrace...150 mile to the Mexican border, 125 from Corpus...sigh

might want to edit the second post,,,dontcha think

Just now watching game on demand, have read the recaps and posts. So much to be excited about I'm afraid to even go there. But I do want to say, KK you made me love you, I didn't want to do it. Sounds like a magical day, and narrated for me by my beloved Catch. This is going to be a fun watch

Last edited:
Great game by the Lady Vols and congrats to the seniors finishing it off as it should be done!

Davis had a great career and it’s not done yet. Maybe an SEC tournament championship?

Horston was terrific today as well. A really impressive victory by the entire teams.
Horston came within 1 assist of having a double-double, 12 points, 9 assists.

Just had time to watch game and one thing i dont understand> Why in the world is Kellie playing the starters with 7 minutes in the game and a 30 point lead? Any one of them except walker get injured and our tourney chance this week is out the window.

Reactions: jeebie
there probably still on the Rhyne Howard and Aliyah Boston love train

Idk I think Howard spouting off about not being an AA has been a poor look since her play hasn’t been as good this season. Rennia has just put her head down and put up some huge numbers when we needed them most. It probably will go to one of those other two but I’m really hoping for Re.

EvWoMa7WYAER7KJ

Just had time to watch game and one thing i dont understand> Why in the world is Kellie playing the starters with 7 minutes in the game and a 30 point lead? Any one of them except walker get injured and our tourney chance this week is out the window.

this games sets the tone for the post-season,,,I very much agree with going into the post season with a win and a game like this in our fore-mind...It is win or go home basketball from this point forward I too would finish the game in the way we started, if I started like we did...bc the next games we play,, we need to play like they played tonight and the way it looked when the reserves came in, is not the memory I want my team to go into "win-or-go-home playoff time"

Be sure to check out all the pics attached with that post. A lot of love for the seniors.

Shout out to Jaiden, who often gets lost in the conversation. Bad break ended her season (apparently...doesn't look like we'll see her in games again for medical reasons), but she has continued to be an active voice. She was always willing to mix it up and bang inside, and she gave it her best shot. Valuable asset to the team, and I hope every fan thanks her for coming to help get us back on track. A true Lady Vol for Life!

Thanks, Jaiden, Kasi, and Rennia for your sacrifices and for making us proud!

I thought Horston looked like she was on a mission to rack up a lot of assists. Impressed with her determination to find open teammates, particularly her apparent goal to find our bench players and give them opportunities to shine. Good teammate to have on your side!

Much improvement with the passing and decision-making. And when got a (correct) travel call against her, she looked disappointed, mentally checked herself, and got back into the flow with a determined look that said, "Not going to do that again."

Proud of Jordan's continued progress!!!

VN Store

Back