'22 TN QB Ty Simpson (Alabama commit)

Good grief.............the young man chose a different path, get over it. I wish he chose UT, but he didn't. Move on......
Good grief........we were expecting him to choose a different path. What is being discussed is how he went about it and how well he will perform at our arch rival. Oh, and people telling others to not talk about it and wish him well.

The mystery grows as to how Ty got his fifth star. This has all the writings of JG.

Bama and Clemson having him as top target is why. They factor in who is coming after a kid and where they are on a board of a team known to hit well at certain positions. He has five star potential/tools just not the five star wins

Been saying this for a while. Dude doesn’t perform well in one of the lowest class of a state that doesn’t have that well of competition. He is quite athletic, has a decent but not elite arm.

He is the 2nd coming of Hunter Johnson.

Reactions: InVOLuntary
Bama and Clemson having him as top target is why. They factor in who is coming after a kid and where they are on a board of a team known to hit well at certain positions. He has five star potential/tools just not the five star wins

Yep. Because it sure isn’t his play on the field. I mean getting a fifth star at the end of February? And it just so happens he narrows it down to Bama and Clemson? Lol.

Honestly I am beginning to seriously question the recruiting services.

If he doesn't like the odds at Bama he could always end up in the transfer portal for us down the road...if not oh well. I am sure there will be some highly recruited QB's that will want to play in a CJH offense.

Last edited:
In no way am I taking up for Simpson, hope he never stirs the Gatorade at Bama, much less becomes successful; but, all this talk about competition and talent around/against...doubt the people saying these things ever said anything of the sort about Chad Clifton, Will Ofenheusle, or Justin Harrell.

Listen, I hope he sucks the same way I hope anyone who steps foot on that campus sucks; but, competition and classification talk is ignorant, lazy, and hollow.

Reactions: OC VOL FAN
In no way am I taking up for Simpson, hope he never stirs the Gatorade at Bama, much less becomes successful; but, all this talk about competition and talent around/against...doubt the people saying these things ever said anything of the sort about Chad Clifton, Will Ofenheusle, or Justin Harrell.

Listen, I hope he sucks the same way I hope anyone who steps foot on that campus sucks; but, competition and classification talk is ignorant, lazy, and hollow.
IMO, talk of competition level is overemphasized at times but it's far from "ignorant, lazy and hollow". Playing with and against superior talent, futher hones your skills and makes you better. At the very least it will ease a transition to the next level.

Somewhat related, but as a guitar player who has played in more than a few bands, I always wanted to play with musicians that were better than me. This humbled me, made me work harder and definitely made me a better musician.

IMO, talk of competition level is overemphasized at times but it's far from "ignorant, lazy and hollow". Playing with and against superior talent, futher hones your skills and makes you better. At the very least it will ease a transition to the next level.

Somewhat related, but as a guitar player who has played in more than a few bands, I always wanted to play with musicians that were better than me. This humbled me, made me work harder and definitely made me a better musician.
While I don't disagree, at all...still stand by what I said. Using the argument of competition, especially as one's ONLY arguement, is to say that Wanya Morris or Drew Richmond would be better than Chad Clifton; and, one saying that is lazy, hollow, and sure as hell ignorant.

Reactions: m1al
While I don't disagree, at all...still stand by what I said. Using the argument of competition, especially as one's ONLY arguement, is to say that Wanya Morris or Drew Richmond would be better than Chad Clifton; and, one saying that is lazy, hollow, and sure as hell ignorant.
It's a factor but, I agree, it shouldn't be used as one's only argument..

Reactions: SugarCC
"Bama Ty" picked Bama over us and he's happy with his choice. Just hope Salter, Bailey or whoever can muster up the play of Iceman or Peyton and can ruin his 3rd Saturday in October for the next couple years.

Reactions: Orangeslice13
prob your Sunroom or living area, due to that new fall special!
Well you must be associated with them so I’m sure people on here have seen where they don’t keep their word.It’s too bad when someone uses the fact that they are a veteran and doesn’t keep his word.

Well you must be associated with them so I’m sure people on here have seen where they don’t keep their word.It’s too bad when someone uses the fact that they are a veteran and doesn’t keep his word.
lol. relax man. its message board stupidity.

if you're that upset file a complaint with BBB.

Meanwhile; waiting on my free air handler.

Saw some article that listed 5 reasons UT fans should not be concerned. First was that he was never headed to Tennessee. Well, I stopped reading there because that isn’t true. Ty was quoted saying that he originally was coming to Tennessee, but after we fired Pruitt, he then looked at Clemson but it was the new Bama OC that convinced him to play there mainly due to his NFL experience.

I think it must have had to do with more than that. Huepel put three QBs into the NFL. One didn’t make it due to injuries. He also produced two Heisman candidates. Seems like Huepel understands what it takes to get there.

VN Store

Back