'22 TN QB Ty Simpson (Alabama commit)

Nah, I just don’t have paper thin skin and allow myself to get butthurt over where a 17 year old decides to go to school.
So you're not a fan of a team that needs 17 year olds to go to their school so they can be successful? Or you don't care if your team is successful? You just like to hang out with fans of a team to tell them how they need to feel about their team? You hang out on a recruiting site of a team even though you don't care if recruits pick that team? Confused

Why are people upset? He is not the best prospect on our board and will be sitting on the bench at least a couple of years regardless of which school he chooses. Maybe even longer at Bama. He is only a five star because he supposedly is down to Clemson and Bama. Before he minimized UT he was only a 4 star. Did he have a change on the field this last week? No.

Wait so you're a scout now?
He still may choose the Vols and you're saying he's not a legit 5 star.

Yes....he is.
He's more talented than the kid who will start at Alabama this year. Bryce Young- a kid that I followed closely for 2 years. A kid that I said will probably be SEC POY by Sophomore season.

And Ty is more talented than him.

Even if we don't get Ty we get a super talented Sam Horn. There's literally no reason to make Ty less than he is- which is the best player in TN. (Yes i know about Nolen)

Reactions: xston
If Ty goes to Clemson or Bama he would have to wait til his Jr year to start, if he comes here he could be a starter day one unless Kaidon or HB balls out this year

So you're not a fan of a team that needs 17 year olds to go to their school so they can be successful? Or you don't care if your team is successful? You just like to hang out with fans of a team to tell them how they need to feel about their team? You hang out on a recruiting site of a team even though you don't care if recruits pick that team? Confused

I would be ecstatic if Ty puts on the UT cap tomorrow just like how I get ecstatic whenever any player decides to play at UT. However, I don’t feel personally disrespected or offended just because someone decides not to play here.

I would be ecstatic if Ty puts on the UT cap tomorrow just like how I get ecstatic whenever any player decides to play at UT. However, I don’t feel personally disrespected or offended just because someone decides not to play here.
Fong, to Bama.

No, this part: "That is pretty insulting to the kid and his family to propose that having access to some hookers would sway him to come to UT. Not sure if blue font is applicable or not."

Poster was saying Freeze could have gotten TS to commit because of his coaching abilities, not because of his past indiscretions.

His coaching and bad acts are a package deal his supporters and detractors will feature as it works for them for some time to come. Both are facts and both are etched in history. Risk/reward calculations SEEMED to have kept him out of serious consideration for many open jobs this past cycle. For programs in our current position it was a no-brainer. Recruiting will be hard enough without eliminating prospects whose parents and mentors highly value character and integrity and want their kids to also. I don't know where TS's combo parent and coach Dad stands on Freeze, but I bet he is aware.

Yep
Sorry
I forgot most of them have tiny feelings, I hope he does well... is that what I’m supposed to say???
No, **** him if he chooses another school
Welcome to the thunder dome bitch
Welcome to the thunderdome?

Wow....you are a piece of work.

Can't remember 247 and VQ mods being this quiet before a huge decision that ended up being a Vol. Unless this kid is the best trickster in recent memory, it feels like it's over, at least for now. Callahan is usually releasing stories by the night before to hype up the announcement. Eerily quiet over there.

Reactions: ACvol3
Can't remember 247 and VQ mods being this quiet before a huge decision that ended up being a Vol. Unless this kid is the best trickster in recent memory, it feels like it's over, at least for now. Callahan is usually releasing stories by the night before to hype up the announcement. Eerily quiet over there.
Callahan did post something on twitter earlier about where to watch his announcement tomorrow with a link. That's it though.

You need a high schooler to commit to the school you root for in order to make your life seem less miserable? 🤨
Is that what I said? Must be one of those filters your generation employs on reality. Can’t recognize it afterwards. 😳

To answer your contrived question...yes. I needs it! Make me less miserable...or something! 😫

Callahan and AP have been telling us gently over the past 2 weeks that Simpson wasn't coming to UT.
Yea ...I think his Dad should have advised him to go ahead and let it be known that it was down to Bama and Clemson .. so Vol fans would not be so anxious and upset .. I understand the kid wanting to go to established program.. I get it .. If I was in his shoes...I wouldn't have a doubt .. when I grew up there was no other place like TN .no matter record.. I would not have cared if Bama , Ga , Fla whoever offered .. I was all VOL .. but the kid deserves to live his dream wherever ...wish the kid luck tommorrow on here when he selects Bama .. we will move on to next option .. be grownups .. dont burn bridges ...

I hope and trust the locals attending will be respectful of his decision. Don't have to clap and cheer if not UT, but certainly don't need to embarrass the Vol Nation with bad acts. Just quietly walk away. I will just hope whoever we trot out there makes it a moot point for the next 3-4 years.

Won’t commit here. Doesn’t mean he won’t sign here. Regardless of Horn. Also- the assumption that Horn is in the bag for us is putting the cart before the horse
That last part is the worrisome part. It 'feels like' all eggs in Simpson's basket. Horn standing around like...
1614312265889.gif

Reactions: FranklinVol16

VN Store

Back