The Official #25 Tennessee @ Vanderbilt Game Thread, 9:00 PM ET, SEC Network

I dont think you watched the same game I did if you dont call that a struggle. With how you are all over Barnes though, I dont expect you to admit it was.

We beat them by 20 the first time and won by 12 tonight.

To say we struggled with this Vandy team is ridiculous.

Don’t get me wrong though. I wished we would’ve had it decided early and played the bench a lot more. But it is what it is. And I’ll take it.

So, we beat the team that was put in front of us by 12. And beat them by 20 when they had them.
12 because of free throws, again did you watch the same game everyone else did? Obviously not, this team had no rhythm, was sloppy on offense and just clogged their way through. Put this team in front of Arky, and the result is very different today.

Really gotta get out TOs in check, we need to be around 10-12 to really make any noise.

But young team & pushing pace has hurt us in that area.

Reactions: Lankykong
Man...how far has Anosike fallen? Dude can’t even play over Pember

They did but that was before Ark started getting better and Tenn started regressing. I bet you think Tenn beats Ark if they played tonight ?

I don’t think this team is bad as you make it out to be.

Especially when it’s the same group of posters throwing around the same old argument that Barnes is washed up or his best years are behind him.

It could be a lot worse.

Reactions: LSG410EC83
It's hard to say 'a win is a win' tonight. Vamdy playing us close without important starters is concerning. I wouldn't mind seeing more screens and isolations for Johnson. They keep saying he's a top 7 player in draft. Let's let him show more of that potential. Announcers are right.
Who is our alpha? Overalll, it still looks like the team hasn't gelled.

It's hard to say 'a win is a win' tonight. Vamdy playing us close without important starters is concerning. I wouldn't mind seeing more screens and isolations for Johnson. They keep saying he's a top 7 player in draft. Let's let him show more of that potential. Announcers are right.
Who is our alpha? Overalll, it still looks like the team hasn't gelled.

Johnson’s specialty is defense.

I don’t think this team is bad as you make it out to be.

Especially when it’s the same group of posters throwing around the same old argument that Barnes is washed up or his best years are behind him.

It could be a lot worse.
When you find where I said Barnes is washed, please share it. But you dont care to come on here and throw around your same argument about the anti Barnes crowd but you do it anyways.

Reactions: Hbg and screenthis
When you find where I said Barnes is washed, please share it. But you dont care to come on here and throw around your same argument about the anti Barnes crowd but you do it anyways.

I didn’t specifically say it was you but I’ve seen it posted in the “Barnes discussion thread”

The ones that keep overreacting about an 16-6 team make it really hard for some of us to ignore the idiocy.

I don’t understand why Nkamhoua isn’t getting more minutes. Yeah he’s a little limited athletically but we got separation in the first half when he was in there and got us a couple easy buckets right at the rim that we don’t get with Fulkerson and I think he’s a better rebounder than Fulky also. I think one thing that hurts us, is that Fulkersons posts are so far away from the basket that it hurts our spacing and takes away some driving lanes.

I don’t understand why Nkamhoua isn’t getting more minutes. Yeah he’s a little limited athletically but we got separation in the first half when he was in there and got us a couple easy buckets right at the rim that we don’t get with Fulkerson and I think he’s a better rebounder than Fulky also. I think one thing that hurts us, is that Fulkersons posts are so far away from the basket that it hurts our spacing and takes away some driving lanes.
Agree. Free Olivier !

Reactions: chuckb1448
He can be back next year AND the year after that. He is a sophomore and this year does not count.
Thanks. I didn’t remember he was a sophomore. Hopefully with Chandler running point, VBJ will be able to find his shot on a regular basis. Not let’s please get a big man that can get a basket when you absolutely have to have it.

12 because of free throws, again did you watch the same game everyone else did? Obviously not, this team had no rhythm, was sloppy on offense and just clogged their way through. Put this team in front of Arky, and the result is very different today.
I'm wondering what he was watching too. A good team on their game would have won this game by 30 points easy.

VN Store

Back