2021-2022 Season: Who Stays/Who Goes?

Unless Barnes hits the transfer portal for bigs, we are going to have no real presence in the paint. May have to play with a 5 guard scheme. Will not end well.

Sure won't. We already have a rebounding problem, that will just guarantee getting out-rebounded every game. I know hes probably trying, but Barnes needs put all his effort into getting a talented big to go with his guards.

Reactions: Volfan1000
Springer, Johnson, Pons and probably Plavsic are all gone.

Nkamhoua has a breakout season.

Chandler takes over as the main point guard option while James becomes the face of the squad.

I think Springer is gone. Keon, I'm feeling 50/50 on. He's super talented but I'm just not seeing it consistently enough, and maybe that's got some to do with the rotation, I don't know. I think we'll still have JJJ next year as well.
the latest mock draft I saw had them both in top 10. So, unless this team kicks into gear, this could be the biggest waste of talent since Barnes got knocked out in the second round with Durant in his team.

If those two are really that good, it’s an indictment of Barnes. However, I don’t see it. When I look at the other players Keon is so slight of build. He lacks the physical strength to play immediately in the NBA. Springer is a stronger player, but he doesn’t have the quickness or athleticism you want in a 2 guard.

the latest mock draft I saw had them both in top 10. So, unless this team kicks into gear, this could be the biggest waste of talent since Barnes got knocked out in the second round with Durant in his team.

If those two are really that good, it’s an indictment of Barnes. However, I don’t see it. When I look at the other players Keon is so slight of build. He lacks the physical strength to play immediately in the NBA. Springer is a stronger player, but he doesn’t have the quickness or athleticism you want in a 2 guard.
Springer is a PG in the NBA, if he wants to stay there, for a decade +, imo

Keon is insanely explosive. Physical strength will come, but the type of burst he has is special. The NBA will be salivating and his game translates very well to the next level. I would love him on my Bucks, but he'll be long gone by the time they pick. I don't see any way he comes back and not a single Vol fan should begrudge him for leaving.

Keon is insanely explosive. Physical strength will come, but the type of burst he has is special. The NBA will be salivating and his game translates very well to the next level. I would love him on my Bucks, but he'll be long gone by the time they pick. I don't see any way he comes back and not a single Vol fan should begrudge him for leaving.
I won’t begrudge him, but I hope he can kick it up a notch when the tournament starts and more consistently hit his high points and reduce TOs. It hurts to have a one and done that isn’t dominating in March to some extent because it leaves a hole in the team for the next year (not hating on Keon, I just wish he had another year here but don’t blame him for leaving).

When UT is most successful, offensively, Springer is running the show, scoring around 20, with 6 boards and 6 assists. If u can't see that, then I have to shake my head

U think Springer is a SG in the NBA ?
Kind of my point. Let’s say he is. Then Barnes is a complete moron letting Vescovi run the point.
I’m assuming you’re saying he’s a PG simply because he isn’t all enough or a good enough outside shooter for a two. True. But he hasn’t shown the quickness to be a PG. I’ve not seen much to convince me he’s an NBA level PG. if he is, then Barnes needs to be kicked in the nuts for wasting his talent.

Kind of my point. Let’s say he is. Then Barnes is a complete moron letting Vescovi run the point.
I’m assuming you’re saying he’s a PG simply because he isn’t all enough or a good enough outside shooter for a two. True. But he hasn’t shown the quickness to be a PG. I’ve not seen much to convince me he’s an NBA level PG. if he is, then Barnes needs to be kicked in the nuts for wasting his talent.
He's probably a tweener and should play at least 3 years in college, imo. But, he won't, because for some reason, he is a 1st round pick. I love him, but the way the NBA drafts now, effs up, the development, he can get to be the PG, he needs to become successful at the next level, once again, imo

I think Keon's decision making, turnovers, and lack of perimeter shooting has him fall in the draft. I think he should stay.

Springer will and should leave for the NBA.

Pons also, should go. He developed from. Year 1 to year 2 under Barnes, but not much after that. He needs to try himself out at the next level and focus on trying to find abd carve a role on an NBA team, even if it means going to the G league.

Fulky, I'm not sure. I dont think he makes a decision immediately. He just looks like he needs some time away from the game to regroup. Maybe 2 months after the season he decides to give it one more go.

JJJ has improved and another leap forward next year could land him on NBA draft boards. But he needs to stay 1 more year.

Keon is a top ten pick, and there isn’t much he can do wrong to change that outside of committing a felony. His floor is established, and everything else is upside. You just can’t tell a lottery pick to come back and work on his game.

Shame cause the NBA will eat him alive and he’ll be out in 3-4 years.

Reactions: sccshortstop
VolNation: “I dOnT wAtCh ThE nBa I hAtE hOw ThEy PlAy.”

Also VolNation: “oh that guy isn’t an NBA player.”

Last edited:
Reactions: Vol49er
I think Keon's decision making, turnovers, and lack of perimeter shooting has him fall in the draft. I think he should stay.

Springer will and should leave for the NBA.

Pons also, should go. He developed from. Year 1 to year 2 under Barnes, but not much after that. He needs to try himself out at the next level and focus on trying to find abd carve a role on an NBA team, even if it means going to the G league.

Fulky, I'm not sure. I dont think he makes a decision immediately. He just looks like he needs some time away from the game to regroup. Maybe 2 months after the season he decides to give it one more go.

JJJ has improved and another leap forward next year could land him on NBA draft boards. But he needs to stay 1 more year.

Wrong

He's probably a tweener and should play at least 3 years in college, imo. But, he won't, because for some reason, he is a 1st round pick. I love him, but the way the NBA drafts now, effs up, the development, he can get to be the PG, he needs to become successful at the next level, once again, imo

Wrong

Wrong

Are you watching the game tonight?? I think my point holds strong

Every legitimate NBA mock draft has him as a lottery pick. Every single one.

He didn’t play his senior year. He’s an elite level athlete and elite level defender already. He played post in high school so he’s still developing. He plays in a ****** old school offense. Once he gets in a modern offense with good spacing and NBA coaching he will be an NBA starter.

Every legitimate NBA mock draft has him as a lottery pick. Every single one.

He didn’t play his senior year. He’s an elite level athlete and elite level defender already. He played post in high school so he’s still developing. He plays in a ****** old school offense. Once he gets in a modern offense with good spacing and NBA coaching he will be an NBA starter.

Wrong. He has poor ball handling skills and very limited shooting range outside 12-15 ft. I don’t have a clue who you have been watching this season.

Reactions: sccshortstop
Wrong. He has poor ball handling skills and very limited shooting range outside 12-15 ft. I don’t have a clue who you have been watching this season.

Well I guess me and every single NBA draft analyst is an idiot and you’re a super genius because every nba mock draft has him top 15. He’s exactly what every NBA team wants.

You watch any NBA?

VN Store

Back