'22 TN QB Ty Simpson (Alabama commit)

AP said he thinks Ty is really struggling with a decision & hasn’t quite made one yet. Good news for us if that’s the case
Weird that he feels the need to commit this early at all if that's the case.

My assumption would be all these schools are telling him he's the lynchpin of their classes.

Reactions: Pacer92

My assumption would be all these schools are telling him he's the lynchpin of their classes.
his Dad is his coach. prob well aware that he will be recruiting folks around him.

True.

As of now, UT is the only of those 3 to not have a commitment for the 2022 class.

True.

As of now, UT is the only of those 3 to not have a commitment for the 2022 class.
I want CJH to be very slow and deliberate about taking commitments early this year (unless they're no miss prospects of course). I'd take the risk of going into the season with plenty of space available and building a buzz by improved play in the Fall.

I think there is pressure coming from Clemson and/or Alabama to poop or get off the pot. They are in a position to make demands. If we’re playing it cool and telling him to take his time then we might have a decent shot.
So he is making a decision that he might not be 100% sure about, because two teams told him to do it now or never. I would in turn tell those teams to ........, of course it's easier for me to say that because I have nothing at stake in this. He needs to be 100% sure in his decision regardless if it's TN or somebody else. Don't want to be second guessing immediately after a decision is made.

Reactions: ShreveportVol
So he is making a decision that he might not be 100% sure about, because two teams told him to do it now or never. I would in turn tell those teams to ........, of course it's easier for me to say that because I have nothing at stake in this. He needs to be 100% sure in his decision regardless if it's TN or somebody else. Don't want to be second guessing immediately after a decision is made.

lol dude, I’m pretty sure he knows this. His dad is a coach for crying out loud. People are purely speculating that “other teams are pressuring him”

I’ll say Tennessee.

He’s clearly doing everything AP has told him to, to make sure the media has no idea. National guys don’t have a clue here imo.

Alabama got rid of Sark, and everything he’s said about O’Brien has been very mellow and generic.

I don’t think he’s the type to take BS from coaching staffs that tell him “commit early or we’ll move on” so not sure if it’ll be Clemson either.

Tennessee makes too much sense. Perfect offensive scheme for his skill set, a coach that’s been all over him since being hired. It’s home for him, he’s been coming to games here since he was 8. The state of the program shouldn’t matter. If the staff is competent (and I think they are) then they can build this thing to compete on a national level WHILE Ty is in college.

And if it isn’t him, we go get Sam Horn and we do the same thing

He wants to be a Vol in his heart so bad or he wouldn’t be struggling with the decision because on the field we are behind everyone else. We just have to give him a reason to come here. Good news I think even if he commits elsewhere if we have any success at all even 6-6 he may flip to us.

I know kids do it all the time, but if Ty and his family are Vols at heart then there is NO way he will commit to anyone other than UT Friday, especially if everyone there will be Vol fan. Then again, the same could be said about Cade.

Vols or Clemson. I hope he picks the right shade of orange.

Reactions: 5FingerVolPunch
What Hank South posted re: his CB to Bama:

This is more of a calculated guess at this point in time. I don't think Simpson is telling many people, if any, where he's going to announce for on Friday. But it appears to me there's enough positive buzz talking to some around the UA side that it warrants a Tide prediction. I'm not at all discounting Clemson or even Tennessee as the potential landing spots, but I'm making my pick formal for Alabama ahead of Friday.
He has no idea at all. This is going to be fun.

He wants to be a Vol in his heart so bad or he wouldn’t be struggling with the decision because on the field we are behind everyone else. We just have to give him a reason to come here. Good news I think even if he commits elsewhere if we have any success at all even 6-6 he may flip to us.
All I can say is that I hope we’ve upgraded our goodie bags from McDonald to either Calhouns, or Ruths Chris, or Regas, or Ye Ole Steakhouse. Now, I’m hungry.

Realty can’t blame Ty if he went to Bama or Clemson, I’m sure he’s thought about going to one of those schools and being another 5 star and continuing the dynasty but I also bet he’s thought about being a potential program changing player at the school he dreamed about playing at and going down in history and being beloved long past his time at UT (like Peyton Manning).

Ty just told 247 it is 50-50 Bama Clemson. We are 3rd

For the “last three weeks” Clemson had led for Martin (Tenn.) Westview 247Sports Composite five-star quarterback Ty Simpson, but two days out from his college decision, he tells 247Sports it’s “about 50-50” right now between the Tigers and Alabama.

Tennessee is the third program still in the picture.

I’ll say Tennessee.

He’s clearly doing everything AP has told him to, to make sure the media has no idea. National guys don’t have a clue here imo.

Alabama got rid of Sark, and everything he’s said about O’Brien has been very mellow and generic.

I don’t think he’s the type to take BS from coaching staffs that tell him “commit early or we’ll move on” so not sure if it’ll be Clemson either.

Tennessee makes too much sense. Perfect offensive scheme for his skill set, a coach that’s been all over him since being hired. It’s home for him, he’s been coming to games here since he was 8. The state of the program shouldn’t matter. If the staff is competent (and I think they are) then they can build this thing to compete on a national level WHILE Ty is in college.

And if it isn’t him, we go get Sam Horn and we do the same thing

Pretty sure Alabama didn't get rid of Sark. He left on his own.

AP said if Ty doesn’t pick TN initially that we weren’t out of it.
Sounds about right. At the end of the Wiltfong article:

When (Jeremy) Pruitt was there at Tennessee I was going to go there,” Simpson said. “I was a hard lean during my junior season.”

Perhaps Josh Heupel and his staff can win it back.

“Being able to lead my state to the SEC championship would be amazing," Simpson said. "Me and Heupel talk every night”

VN Store

Back