Cuomo: Not just a murderer

Imagine blaming nurses for your ****ed up decisions. He also blamed capitalism for people dying of COVID in nursing homes.

Reactions: StarRaider
Maybe he’ll resign so dementia Joe can appoint him to his Covid response team.

I have not been keeping up with this. Just read an article that said that the issue was undercounting covid deaths of nursing home residents based on if they went to the hospital they were counted there. So the people were counted, just not correctly as to place. Is that accurate?

MC_CruzCuomo-web20210223020000.jpg

I have not been keeping up with this. Just read an article that said that the issue was undercounting covid deaths of nursing home residents based on if they went to the hospital they were counted there. So the people were counted, just not correctly as to place. Is that accurate?

Yes, they were still included in the total. But by counting them as hospital deaths the administration downplayed the absolute disaster caused by their nursing home policy.

What was the nursing home policy at issue?

Until the middle of May, nursing homes were required to bring back in Covid positive residents. As was foreseeable to everyone outside of the Cuomo administration, this caused exponential spread within the nursing home populations.

Reactions: SpaceCoastVol
Until the middle of May, nursing homes were required to bring back in Covid positive residents. As was foreseeable to everyone outside of the Cuomo administration, this caused exponential spread within the nursing home populations.
Weren't they also using nursing homes as COVID wards because of 'capacity issues'? I seem to recall stories along those lines.

What was the reasoning until then do we know?

It had something to do with saving hospital resources for people who were deathly ill. As long as grandma wasn't on death's door, she had to go back to the nursing home.

Well, it's hard for me to see why Cuomo would intentionally dumb down the numbers for this while he was also leading the charge against Trump that it was very serious. The two are incongruous, to say the least. If anything, based on the theory of the GOP that Dems were exaggerating the numbers he'd have the opposite incentive if the numbers were intentionally being manipulated.

VN Store

Back