Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
He entered 1 week before classes began.

I could be misremembering, but that's how I read it a year or two ago.

See the post a few ahead of mine.

Of course a kid has to stay on scholarship if they enter the portal in the middle of a semester but not the next semester. That would mean a kid could stay on scholarship during a full football season if they entered the portal in the summer

Self-employed/contractors/independent agents (you insurance peeps) - possibly big changes coming to PPP loans (in a good way) as soon as tomorrow. Just a heads up for any such folks. And if you haven't gotten your free monies yet...5 weeks left. Fully forgivable loan (just call it a grant)...don't miss out VN homies.
Yep enjoy my taxes 😂

Honestly though, I'd rather you small business owners get it than bureaucracy and govt agencies and politicians.

See the post a few ahead of mine.

Of course a kid has to stay on scholarship if they enter the portal in the middle of a semester but not the next semester. That would mean a kid could stay on scholarship during a full football season if they entered the portal in the summer
Right. We agree.

Smart for any kid to at least wait until classes start to lock in a semester of scholarship.

Reactions: BruinVol
yea that makes sense

No way a kid could go thru spring practice and enter the portal in the summer and the school have to keep them on scholarship during the season. No idea where @Devo182 got that
"if a player enters the portal any time after classes have begun, then his scholarship for that 1 semester is still guaranteed. But nothing further."

Bru...bruh...😂

Reactions: Kristy*
Devo, doesn’t this round have a requirement that your income was down at least 25%? I haven’t looked at the exact terms recently but saw that as a stipulation when this second round was first discussed.
While this is "round 2" you can still apply for a 1st draw (same requirements as last year, just if you didn't get in on a PPP loan last year). 1st draw does not have the 25% gross receipts test.

If you received a 1st draw last year, then yes that requirement exists for a 2nd draw (you only have to prove 1 corresponding quarter is 25% lower, many are comparing Q2 2019 and Q2 2020). There is word this may drop to 20% with the other changes, but not confirmed.

Reactions: VolGee4
I agree, to an extent. I believe the merit/effort/grit has to be there before the lazy genius or exceptional talent, or else the genius or those talents are never realized.

Hence my comment about effort allowing you to become the best version of yourself. You can't make something from nothing though. I was a big believer in the meritocracy until I considered how much of my success was due to talents that I was born with...something I couldn't begin to influence.

Reactions: UTJoe
"if a player enters the portal any time after classes have begun, then his scholarship for that 1 semester is still guaranteed. But nothing further."

Bru...bruh...😂

Apparently I can’t read. I could have sworn your op said the school was on the hook for the scholarship the following semester

my apologies

Yep enjoy my taxes 😂

Honestly though, I'd rather you small business owners get it than bureaucracy and govt agencies and politicians.
Haha true.

It truly feels like a net-net benefit (time will tell). Businesses are able to keep people employed and rehire folks, really small businesses can keep afloat, and thus keep up the tax base and put back into the system (which is magnified when one business closes and was the main supplier/buyer of another and so on and so on). I can't even count how many businesses have said if they aren't able to get the funds they will have to lay off even more people or close up altogether. For once, a bailout for main street.

funny-pictures-stoner-humor-auto-402594.png
Wow, is that a Dr. Horrible meme?

Haha true.

It truly feels like a net-net benefit (time will tell). Businesses are able to keep people employed and rehire folks, really small businesses can keep afloat, and thus keep up the tax base and put back into the system (which is magnified when one business closes and was the main supplier/buyer of another and so on and so on). I can't even count how many businesses have said if they aren't able to get the funds they will have to lay off even more people or close up altogether. For once, a bailout for main street.
I'm a very very small business owner - don't qualify for the loan but have friends/colleagues in same field who do, & they have gotten. And like me, their business hasn't missed a beat with shutdowns - in fact busier than ever. I'm a little bitter, but just trying to focus on the blessings I have.

Hence my comment about effort allowing you to become the best version of yourself. You can't make something from nothing though. I was a big believer in the meritocracy until I considered how much of my success was due to talents that I was born with...something I couldn't begin to influence.
Understood. And don't disagree. The definition of success and something from nothing differ (or can differ) with the individual, however.

Reactions: SSVol
I'm a very very small business owner - don't qualify for the loan but have friends/colleagues in same field who do, & they have gotten. And like me, their business hasn't missed a beat with shutdowns - in fact busier than ever. I'm a little bitter, but just trying to focus on the blessings I have.
Don't have to answer if personal, but curious why you wouldn't qualify. There aren't many ineligible business types and if you are a Schedule C filer that had a loss for the year, I believe that is about to change too.

While this is "round 2" you can still apply for a 1st draw (same requirements as last year, just if you didn't get in on a PPP loan last year). 1st draw does not have the 25% gross receipts test.

If you received a 1st draw last year, then yes that requirement exists for a 2nd draw (you only have to prove 1 corresponding quarter is 25% lower, many are comparing Q2 2019 and Q2 2020). There is word this may drop to 20% with the other changes, but not confirmed.

Thanks. The info about comparing quarters is helpful.

Reactions: Devo182
Don't have to answer if personal, but curious why you wouldn't qualify. There aren't many ineligible business types and if you are a Schedule C filer that had a loss for the year, I believe that is about to change too.
I'm checking (again) with my accountant tomorrow. Something about the way he has us set up. It's just my business with one employee - well technically I'm an employee as well. I'll def be asking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back