Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Justification for an action doesn't remove responsibility for it.

That's all I was saying about the OU fight video...to be more concise.

I’ll chip in on the OU bar fight. I think both parties need to use better judgment. The OU football players need to learn a little respect and humility. The other guys need to learn some restraint. It was obvious who won the fight well before the guys were pinned to the floor taking shots to the face. JMO based on what I saw.

Also, I’ve always had a personal rule of not fighting whenever possible. Obviously, there are cases for exceptions given particular circumstances. But, you just don’t know if/when you could seriously hurt, or even kill, someone. Our bodies are incredibly resilient and durable yet incredibly fragile at the same time.

You know sometimes, I don't know why
But this old town just seems so hopeless
I ain't really sure, but it seems I remember the good times
Were just a little more in focus.
You two are on a collision course for a couple of very awkward replies/posts if you keep the lyrics going much further.

I haven’t read the articles on the OU fight, but from watching the video it’s entirely possible that the MMA guy and his buddy had instigated something and the OU player really was just trying to get them to back off so that they could be on their way. Then denim jacket guy reaches over with a shove.

I’m sure there are other videos (you can see others recording it) and eyewitness accounts, but from what we’ve seen there’s nothing to suggest MMA guy was justified in cold-cocking the OU player.

*but if I’m right, I hope the details get mixed up and the OU program has to shut down for two years

I’ll chip in on the OU bar fight. I think both parties need to use better judgment. The OU football players need to learn a little respect and humility. The other guys need to learn some restraint. It was obvious who won the fight well before the guys were pinned to the floor taking shots to the face. JMO based on what I saw.

Also, I’ve always had a personal rule of not fighting whenever possible. Obviously, there are cases for exceptions given particular circumstances. But, you just don’t know if/when you could seriously hurt, or even kill, someone. Our bodies are incredibly resilient and durable yet incredibly fragile at the same time.

I shake sometime thinking of stupid situations I put myself in growing up when I see some of these videos where kids get seriously injured. Young and drunk you do and say stupid things you regret. As you grow older you realize just better to walk way.

Getting me hyped on Roman!!!! Also he shared a clip of Slaughter running down a guy that was sexy.

One of the best pops of speed I can recall seeing from the secondary.

Slaughter not starting every game after Shamburger was out was beyond stupid. No telling where he would have been by end of season with those reps. Yes he got burned several times vs s.Carolina but he also made several plays or was in position to. He showed he had the talent to be a playmaker. Then instead of learn from mistakes you basically bench him for most the yr

I don’t understand how you can say Key is such a loss when he barely saw the field and say Sham doesn’t negate it. He didn’t have a single TD pass thrown on him in all of 2019. He was one of the best Nb in the SEC.
Not getting playing time is no blight on your resume going back awhile in this program. Pruitt followed Butch’s creed in playing your best talent sooner.

one transfer I wondered if might look this way was Nick Robert’s from USF. I looked to see who BJM
Would have connections to and he popped out. 3 yr saftey starter at USF. Had a run in with Jeff Scott the new coach at some point last season that lead to a decision that he transfer. Was a BJM/Strong recruit. I don’t know much about him other than he would probably add competition and depth. And we need that

Slaughter not starting every game after Shamburger was out was beyond stupid. No telling where he would have been by end of season with those reps. Yes he got burned several times vs s.Carolina but he also made several plays or was in position to. He showed he had the talent to be a playmaker. Then instead of learn from mistakes you basically bench him for most the yr
We have some football smart players on the roster...their talents weren’t maximized. Slaughter as you’ve pointed out, McCollough and I’ll wager Charles joins that course. All off the top of my head. Could see the Memphis Trio all being properly utilized also.

everybody thinks they are a badass until they meet a bigger badass, and there is always a bigger one.
Everyone needs to learn this lesson.

I'm not saying I'm glad this kid got hurt pretty badly, I'm just saying everyone needs one whooping to humble them.
Definitely a lesson that all young males need to and eventually do learn, some just have to learn it the hard way.

Example is the school of mankind, and they will learn at no other.

I think you also have to think about if the response was more than what was required for self-defense. I am not sure what the laws in Oklahoma are, but I am not sure you can continue to beat on somebody after the threat to your safety has passed. The argument would be how sure can you be that person won't still retaliate.
I don’t think you’ll find a jury of their peers that’ll convict them. That’s why most prosecutors skip the process. In a civil case, no FACTS change. Someone started a fight...someone got their ass kicked.

I’m hoping that with actual coaching this team is miles better.

We have some football smart players on the roster...their talents weren’t maximized. Slaughter as you’ve pointed out, McCollough and I’ll wager Charles joins that course. All off the top of my head. Could see the Memphis Trio all being properly utilized also.

We still have talent to win if coached the right way and in right scheme. The concern would be the depth talent as your depth becomes your starters and so it makes any injury critical. So how are you at end of season. I think we have an Ole Miss Lane Kiffin type of season but with better defense and probably more wins.

TEN FOOT TALL AND BULLET PROOF . That is all it was in that fight . You had a couple of guys that got into it . Big tough guy football player jumps in and found out quick little guy was a tough guy also, It happens REGULARLY in every college town around . Look at some of the stuff our beloved Vols have been into over the years. It's nothing new but this time someone caught it on camera. I can show you in almost every city and town around a place where if you are looking you can get a Six Pack and a fist fight if that's what you want but now days somebody may have a gun so you got that to consider. If you really want to see something go around a Military base where to have basic training, lots of pi$$ and vinegar there and ready to prove it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back