Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can’t speak for anyone else. I used to be on VQ for years. How often have they talked about a player’s fall camp performance in football only to do nothing in the season? Part of their job is selling too. I thought this team was very good, and they may still be. But I don’t get caught up in that stuff. A FF is hard to make.
Hype is fine, but having realistic expectations is fine too. FF is not realistic for this team.

I think a lot of that was on Pruitt though. Not trying to blame him for everything. However, there were some guys out there who weren’t getting any hype during fall ball and the guys who were showing out never touched the field.... even though Pruitt repeatedly stated if you practice well you will play......

Oh, I haven’t been on VQ since 2012, well before Pruitt. VQ has done that for a long time.

But sometimes, guys probably do play over their supposed expectations in camp. I won’t say it’s all false. But they have to write about something when our team practices against each other for a month, and it helps create discussion.

Reactions: cHiZzLeVOL
Hype is fine, but having realistic expectations is fine too. FF is not realistic for this team.

Anyone who has followed basketball for a while knows how hard it is to make a FF. I would like to see the way he worded it. The fact that UT had the 5th most betting money coming in as winning the title kind of supports the “they have the type of talent to go to a FF.”

Reactions: cHiZzLeVOL
Draft might be a little loaded this year so I can see them returning depending on the grade. They aren't for sure one and dones
For the teams sake I hope at least one of them return, same with Fulk and Pons. Our lineup could be elite or just a decent tourney team. We’ll see who returns and if BHH reclassifies. Latest report said he was leaning towards it

Basevols stay undefeated with a come from behind 5-3 win.
I listened to the game and it was definitely a nail biter. We scored 2 in the 8th and 2 in the 9th to win it. The 2 runs in the 8th came with 2 on and 2 outs. Clutch hit be Rucker and the 2 in the 9th was a 2 run dinger. Great win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back