Rick Barnes discussion [merged]

You’re always wrong. There, saved us both some time.
If you invest in your program you expect returns. Same as If you got a raise at your place of employment (I would assume this is a fast food restaurant given your reading comprehension skills) you would be expected to to be more productive and continue to grow for the company.
A mere appearance in the NCAA means nothing these days. You act like we should be hanging banners for being a middle of the pack SEC team and getting bounced by a double digit seed on the regular? Embarrassing

It was either let Barnes walk or pay the 5 million.

From a business standpoint, it’s not a hard decision.

It was either let Barnes walk or pay the 5 million.

From a business standpoint, it’s not a hard decision.
Wait... if the goal is “just make the tournament. Our history is terrible, we can’t expect anything more “ why would we need to pay Barnes 5 mill? Just get next up and comer and keep it “rolling”.

Reactions: 08Vol
Wait... if the goal is “just make the tournament. Our history is terrible, we can’t expect anything more “ why would we need to pay Barnes 5 mill? Just get next up and comer and keep it “rolling”.

Because we were a joke before Barnes got here.

So you would have let Barnes walk?

Then what are you going to do?
Always back to the “who else would we get” argument with you....FFS I have never argued we shouldn’t have Barnes... please get that through your dense skull ... my point is we need to hold him to a higher standard. PERIOD. He is not above criticism.

Reactions: 08Vol
Sounds like more whataboutism to me. We have faded hard... true or false? You think an elite coach should have some solutions?

TN has faded. More than half of the 1st 7 have had really bad, but not quite season ending, injuries. An elite coach might could be holding them back to focus on a post season run if they can heal up. JJJ could have been made to play today. Same thing had happened earlier with Springer, Pons, and Fulk. Vescovi was banged up as well. Bailey and possibly Keon have been the only regulars without any health issue.

TN has faded. More than half of the 1st 7 have had really bad, but not quite season ending, injuries. An elite coach might could be holding them back to focus on a post season run if they can heal up. JJJ could have been made to play today. Same thing had happened earlier with Springer, Pons, and Fulk. Vescovi was banged up as well. Bailey and possibly Keon have been the only regulars without any health issue.
Injuries and being banged up is a part of basketball. February is a grind. I do not have faith there is a grander plan for March.

You realize that we made the Sweet Sixteen and had two straight 20 win season two years before Barnes got here right?

Also 3 head coaches in 3 years and 4 in 6. 2 of those 3 left under a cloud of NCAA violations. It was a joke. It was a mess. It was a dumpster fire. Putting it in any other terms is re-writing the history. It’s amazing that TN followed up that mess with any NCAAT appearance at all let alone a month as #1 in the country, an SEC title and making it to 2 SECT finals.

Reactions: VolFreakJosh
You realize that we made the Sweet Sixteen and had two straight 20 win season two years before Barnes got here right?

Two straight winning seasons? Haha. Got to love using Cuonzo Martin to make an argument against Rick Barnes. Irony at its finest.

Also 3 head coaches in 3 years and 4 in 6. 2 of those 3 left under a cloud of NCAA violations. It was a joke. It was a mess. It was a dumpster fire. Putting it in any other terms is re-writing the history. It’s amazing that TN followed up that mess with any NCAAT appearance at all let alone a month as #1 in the country, an SEC title and making it to 2 SECT finals.

My god you all love to exaggerate

VN Store

Back