Brian Jean-Mary Hired As LB Coach

Some people got really fired up about my earlier remark quoted above. Anybody that took that seriously is truly an idiot. A blue font shouldn’t always be needed to show sarcasm if it’s so incredibly blatant.

Do you know how many people on here really are idiots? Blue font intentionally not used because this is not sarcasm.

Because you hate women?
let me be sure to get the right color font for you. Yes I hate women. Especially the one in my picture that I dressed up in Orange as I do for every Tennessee game so we can watch it together. She’s 4 now. Obviously hated her mom so much we did what led up to making her in marriage too. Damn women.

A coach who was part of a defense that focuses on turnovers is a great fit for what Heupel wants on the defensive side of the ball... Need to make sure all our coaches are on the same page. I like it.

This is VolNation. We are gonna totally botch that French last name. I mean, we're gonna splatter it over the wall, rub our hair in it, and run around the house shaking it onto all the furniture.

Ain't no way even 5% of us are going to be pronouncing it right in our heads. I even speak French, and I can't think of a way to explain how it's supposed to sound to those who don't. I mean, "Okay, the 'jean' is not like blue jeans, it's more like a sound halfway between John and Sean...like a 'zh' sound followed by "on," but just barely pronounce the 'n' like an afterhthought. What? Hell, I don't know how to tell you what 'zh' sounds like, it sounds like 'zh.' Just half way between tho...oh, never mind."
Thanks for the effort. 😁😉

Reactions: VFL-82-JP
This is VolNation. We are gonna totally botch that French last name. I mean, we're gonna splatter it over the wall, rub our hair in it, and run around the house shaking it onto all the furniture.
Ain't no way even 5% of us are going to be pronouncing it right in our heads. I even speak French, and I can't think of a way to explain how it's supposed to sound to those who don't. I mean, "Okay, the 'jean' is not like blue jeans, it's more like a sound halfway between John and Sean...like a 'zh' sound followed by "on," but just barely pronounce the 'n' like an after thought. What? Hell, I don't know how to tell you what 'zh' sounds like, it sounds like 'zh.' Just half way between tho...oh, never mind."

Well hayle yeah we are. And just fer the record? I doubt many of us give a "zh".

Ain't no way even 5% of us are going to be pronouncing it right in our heads. I even speak French, and I can't think of a way to explain how it's supposed to sound to those who don't. I mean, "Okay, the 'jean' is not like blue jeans, it's more like a sound halfway between John and Sean...like a 'zh' sound followed by "on," but just barely pronounce the 'n' like an afterhthought. What? Hell, I don't know how to tell you what 'zh' sounds like, it sounds like 'zh.' Just half way between tho...oh, never mind."
"Voulez-Vous Coucher Avec Moi Ce Soir?" Jk

Reactions: Bret178
A coach who was part of a defense that focuses on turnovers is a great fit for what Heupel wants on the defensive side of the ball... Need to make sure all our coaches are on the same page. I like it.
I wish there were a way to like this post more.

Jean-Mary has been credited as the primary or secondary recruiter for a combined 15 four-star prospects he has signed during his time at Georgia Tech, Louisville, Texas and Michigan. He also served as USF’s defensive coordinator and linebackers coach in 2017-19 before heading to Michigan last year.

He did some of his best work at Texas, where he posted back-to-back top-five finishes among Big 12 assistant coaches in the 247Sports Recruiter Rankings in 2015 and 2016. He helped the Longhorns sign eight players — including five four-star prospects — in the 2016 class, all of whom were from the state of Texas.

In the 2015 class, Jean-Mary was the primary recruiter for six Texas signees — including five-star linebacker Malik Jefferson of Poteet High School in Mesquite, Texas, and three four-star prospects — and finished No. 7 nationally in the 247Sports Recruiter Rankings.

Mike Roach, who covers Texas recruiting for Horns247, said Jean-Mary was known as “a personable guy with a lot of connections in the South” during his time with the Longhorns.

“Texas high school coaches liked him, and he was one of the better recruiters on Charlie Strong’s staff,” Roach said of Jean-Mary, who played linebacker at Appalachian State in 1993-97. “Good evaluator and coach and a guy who did well in Florida and Texas, specifically (the Dallas-Fort Worth area).”
-Callahan

let me be sure to get the right color font for you. Yes I hate women. Especially the one in my picture that I dressed up in Orange as I do for every Tennessee game so we can watch it together. She’s 4 now. Obviously hated her mom so much we did what led up to making her in marriage too. Damn women.

Post of the year right there.

Reactions: RoanokeVol

Reminds me of one of my favorite jokes about French from Family Guy. "But messieurs, this is not a jackhammer; it is a jacqueshammer."

Last edited:

My wife speaks French fluently. She appreciated your lesson. She said the hyphenated last name and spelling of ‘Mary’ was odd. Normally, it’s a hyphenated first name, spelled Jean-Marie (yes, like a girl named Marie). The far right candidate who ran for president of France for decades was Jean-Marie Le Pen...very much a man but most in the U.S. thought the person was female. To add to the difference between our languages, his daughter has been a presidential candidate and her first name is Marine. (Like semper fi.)

VN Store

Back