'21 AL WDE Dylan Brooks (Auburn transfer)

Pathetic decision by DW. This one was clear from the start he only signed because he was told Pruitt was staying.

This is awful

Tennessee is already on the hook for his scholarship, so there's no reason to kowtow to an 18-year-old and rival program while getting the short end of the stick in return. If Dylan Brooks doesn't like the terms of his NLI release, then he needs to lawyer up just like countless Tennessee players have needed to in the past.
Fulmer told the kid Pruitt wasn’t going anywhere and that’s the only reason he signed when he did. If we have to eat the scholarship then frankly it’s a fair punishment IMO. We got his NLI basically by lying to him.

Reactions: BlinghamptonVol
Fulmer told the kid Pruitt wasn’t going anywhere and that’s the only reason he signed when he did. If we have to eat the scholarship then frankly it’s a fair punishment IMO. We got his NLI basically by lying to him.
Where was this stated? Who would know this as fact other than Fulmer and Brooks? Have either stated this?

Reactions: wrangler
Does everyone realize there is a difference between transferring after enrolling in a school and playing at that school, versus only signing a NLI and never enrolling? Also, the conference has a rule that inter-league transfers have to sit a year. It’s not the school’s decision there. The SEC prevented Mays from being eligible, not uga, and it was really bc of covid that Cade got immediate eligibility. Y’all make up a lot of crap to feel good about your vindictiveness towards a high schooler.

Where was this stated? Who would know this as fact other than Fulmer and Brooks? Have either stated this?

If you dig deep enough you’ll find that Brooks that Brooks wanted to wait but the staff pushed and pushed and he eventually signed while the shat show was going on.

Fulmer isn’t innocent
Pruitt isn’t innocent

Does everyone realize there is a difference between transferring after enrolling in a school and playing at that school, versus only signing a NLI and never enrolling? Also, the conference has a rule that inter-league transfers have to sit a year. It’s not the school’s decision there. The SEC prevented Mays from being eligible, not uga, and it was really bc of covid that Cade got immediate eligibility. Y’all make up a lot of crap to feel good about your vindictiveness towards a high schooler.
There will come a day where the shoe is on the other foot and I guarantee people here will flip ish if the other school tries to block the kid’s eligibility here.

I don't see anything wrong with it. He can go anywhere he wants. Just not to a SEC team. So what? He can go to Ohio, or Clemson, or Texas, or Florida State, or North Carolina, etc ect. He'll be ok. Heck he could even transfer to UCF and really make it weird and then transfer to an SEC team the next year. These are the breaks when you back out of something last minute. Would I personally let him go unconditionally? Probably. Am I outraged or even surprised that we didn't? Nope.

not seeing anyone else on twitter pick this up fwiw. Dylan has also deleted every tweet he’s made since Feb including several “free me” tweets. The original guy who posted def has a bone to pick too, so guess that is to say I’m not putting a ton of stock in it yet

Reactions: Rylee_Vol18
yet he wants to go to Auburn who also fired the coach recruiting him while his position coach that was recruiting him is here? So the argument of committing to coaching staff doesnt compute here.... Maybe we just fired the coach that was giving him a payout and he doesnt like it?

Who's to say Auburn wasn't his school choice but he was sold on Pruitt? Tennessee fired the coach. The kids should get to go where they want. It might be different if the coach up and left and the university couldn't control it.

If you dig deep enough you’ll find that Brooks that Brooks wanted to wait but the staff pushed and pushed and he eventually signed while the shat show was going on.

Fulmer isn’t innocent
Pruitt isn’t innocent
Where can I dig deep? Sounds like a whole lot of assumptions being made. Just because someone stated as opinion, and received 23 likes does not make it fact.

VN Store

Back