Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll add my cool wrestling story. When my oldest was just a month old, she had a kidney infection and was admitted to the Children's Hospital in Cincinnati, about an hour and a half away from our home in Dayton. Being that it was just before Christmas, some pro wrestlers from one of the local leagues came by delivering toys to the kids in the hospital. They left her with the smallest teddy bear they had with her. She eventually named it Takedown and to this day, at 21, its still one of her (if not the) favorite stuffed animal she has.
That is cool.

I was asked by someone I know in college athletics if VN knew about Tee getting paid or if Hubbs had mentioned it. I said no. They told me it would break in a few weeks. They told me Fulmer and Tee had agreed on an extension. I was hoping it was not true.
I am not an insider
The only way I see this being true is it being pure extortion...just basic hush money. I can see that being true with Fulmers bunch. Look at Jay being an ass to us. I fear a lot Fulmers players are going to turn on us from now on. Some of them are FBFL not VFL.

Listening to the VQ podcast and for the 3rd or 4th time Hubbs hinted that we may end up paying Tee...for WHAT? How is he able to take a job in the NFL AND get paid based on an alleged promise from Fulmer that his contract would be extended? Even if he got a court of law to honor a verbal contract, how does he cash in without fulfilling any employment obligations?
hell he should pay UT for the lackluster BS coaching he did and actually some on here wanted him for a head coach.

The only way I see this being true is it being pure extortion...just basic hush money. I can see that being true with Fulmers bunch. Look at Jay being an ass to us. I fear a lot Fulmers players are going to turn on us from now on. Some of them are FBFL not VFL.
Interesting to see how DW handles this. It may be out of his hands. Could also just want a clean break for the previous admin

I was asked by someone I know in college athletics if VN knew about Tee getting paid or if Hubbs had mentioned it. I said no. They told me it would break in a few weeks. They told me Fulmer and Tee had agreed on an extension. I was hoping it was not true.
I am not an insider
So generic...college athletics. I think you believe this but it’s bs. You agree to an extension and then bail for another job...you ain’t getting paid by the first bunch. That’s real life. We KNOW Tee claims he was offered an extension by Fulmer...that’s not a contract. You have to perform the job duties specified in a contract to get paid. None of this comes together.

Does the AD have carte blanche to offer contracts like that? I thought contracts required approval of the chancellor and the financial officer? How would they even know how much money was allegedly agreed to? It makes zero sense, IMO. I just don't see a verbal contract, which is what this would have to be, being enforceable in the world of college athletics. There are no specifics to enforce, no agreed upon terms. Paying him anything would be incredibly stupid.

Unless he has dirt they don't want getting out. But that would be blackmail, not enforcing a contract.
Whatever Tee wants to dirt on...add it to the pile of self-reported. He has nothing that would spare his own reputation.

I have erased all my original posts on the Tee and Fulmer issue that Hubbs mentioned. You can still read them in quotes. I am not mad at anyone. butchna, you have not offended me. I have several contacts in college football and sometimes they tell me things. I have decided to no longer share them on VN. Not because of anything that has been done on VN, it is just a personal choice that I have been thinking about for awhile and should have observed before tonight.

I have erased all my original posts on the Tee and Fulmer issue that Hubbs mentioned. You can still read them in quotes. I am not mad at anyone. butchna, you have not offended me. I have several contacts in college football and sometimes they tell me things. I have decided to no longer share them on VN. Not because of anything that has been done on VN, it is just a personal choice that I have been thinking about for awhile and should observes before tonight.
They’re yentas with no knowledge of anything at our university. I respect your choice not to share their yenta, busybody gossip

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back