****NOON OFFENSIVE STAFF INTRODUCTIONS****

Based on what I saw from Pruitt's/Chaney's offense it was run left on 1st for a 2 yard gain.....then run right on 2nd down for a 2 yard loss....then on 3rd and 10 throw a 1 yard swing pass for no gain and then punt on 4th down.
As the years with on, that is exactly what our offense became. Good coaching is when he can take players with the same skills and abilities and turn them into skilled, knowledgable, and winning football teams.

Yes many typos in there šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚..but you get the point
Yeah, heh, thanks. So you'd definitely call yourself a follower rather than a fan, at this point. If I read you right.

And on top of that, you'd call anyone who remains a fan a 'sheep'.

Yeah, heh, thanks. So you'd definitely call yourself a follower rather than a fan, at this point. If I read you right.

And on top of that, you'd call anyone who remains a fan a 'sheep'.
Iā€™ll be a ā€œfanā€, but that atrocious product isnā€™t getting my time, money, energy anymore. Iā€™ll watch them if Iā€™m at home and itā€™s on. Iā€™ll root for them.
nah, Iā€™ll only describe people as sheep as the ones who still gets excited over stuff that isnā€™t results on the field. Itā€™s the same bs we got from Dooley, Butch, Pruitt.

Iā€™ll be a ā€œfanā€, but that atrocious product isnā€™t getting my time, money, energy anymore. Iā€™ll watch them if Iā€™m at home and itā€™s on. Iā€™ll root for them.
nah, Iā€™ll only describe people as sheep as the ones who still gets excited over stuff that isnā€™t results on the field. Itā€™s the same bs we got from Dooley, Butch, Pruitt.
Your words say you're not so much a fan as a follower. Not much of an "ardent, enthusiastic admirer." Just going by the definitions in the dictionaries and comparing them to your own self-description.

But you remain a follower of Tennessee football, clearly.

And since "ardent enthusiastic admirers" do by definition get excited over stuff (in this case, the stuff == Tennessee football), I guess all people who meet the definition of fan are, to you, sheep.

Right?

Your words say you're not so much a fan as a follower. Not much of an "ardent, enthusiastic admirer." Just going by the definitions in the dictionaries and comparing them to your own self-description.

But you remain a follower of Tennessee football, clearly.

And since "ardent enthusiastic admirers" do by definition get excited over stuff (in this case, the stuff == Tennessee football), I guess all people who meet the definition of fan are, to you, sheep.

Right?
Sure. But Iā€™d venture to guess that a lot of people are going to switch from ā€œfanā€ to ā€œfollowerā€, if they havenā€™t already.

Sure. But Iā€™d venture to guess that a lot of people are going to switch from ā€œfanā€ to ā€œfollowerā€, if they havenā€™t already.
Yeah, I think that's true. I think a lot of folks here call themselves "fan" out of habit, when they're really not, not any more. They still follow the Vols, they're still keeping up with the program, but they're no longer fans by the dictionary definition.

It seems to me we've cracked the code. We now know what Nega-Vols really are. Followers of Tennessee football who have ceased to be fans.

[granted, after a decade+ in the Dark Ages ... hard to continue to be ardent, enthusiastic, and admiring through all that, I get it]

Yeah, I think that's true. I think a lot of folks here call themselves "fan" out of habit, when they're really not, not any more. They still follow the Vols, they're still keeping up with the program, but they're no longer fans by the dictionary definition.

It seems to me we've cracked the code. We now know what Nega-Vols really are. Followers of Tennessee football who have ceased to be fans.

[granted, after a decade+ in the Dark Ages ... hard to continue to be ardent, enthusiastic, and admiring through all that, I get it]
I'm a fan... I'm just not willing to be an uncritical, undiscerning fool any more.

I held on to hope that Pruitt would turn things around until his infatuation with JG at the expense of not only the present but the future became too much.

I know all of the factors weighing against the new staff. As a realist, I know their chances of success are less than their chances of being replaced 3 or 4 years from now. However I choose to have hope and look for reasons to bolster my hope. Heupel's apparent character and leadership are pretty "feel good" to me right now. I think those are very, very good attributes for someone to have faced with the task in front of him.

I also think he has more talent to work with than others seem to. There are definitely some thin spots and even some holes. But if they can coach and produce O just against the teams on the schedule that aren't 1st tier... UT could have a good year.

Talking is talking and doing is doing, but I love this quote.

EudaNedXEAYncRA

I'm a fan... I'm just not willing to be an uncritical, undiscerning fool any more.

I held on to hope that Pruitt would turn things around until his infatuation with JG at the expense of not only the present but the future became too much.

I know all of the factors weighing against the new staff. As a realist, I know their chances of success are less than their chances of being replaced 3 or 4 years from now. However I choose to have hope and look for reasons to bolster my hope. Heupel's apparent character and leadership are pretty "feel good" to me right now. I think those are very, very good attributes for someone to have faced with the task in front of him.

I also think he has more talent to work with than others seem to. There are definitely some thin spots and even some holes. But if they can coach and produce O just against the teams on the schedule that aren't 1st tier... UT could have a good year.
Hell, I sheeped for this thing up until the chancellor decided to nuke the program. I would have been full wool if Pruitt had come back in 2021

Hell, I sheeped for this thing up until the chancellor decided to nuke the program. I would have been full wool if Pruitt had come back in 2021
I'm confused. The Chancellor had dozens of serious violations of NCAA rules?

What exactly do you believe the chancellor's alternative course of action to have been?

It's my opinion that if a "creditable source" is so disenfranchised with the AD that they would carry evidence to the chancellor's office, that same source would have carried the evidence directly to the NCAA had they not gotten satisfaction from the chancellor.

I see the chancellor's hands as having been tied. She either took action or risked being a collaborating offender.

Reactions: butchna
What exactly do you believe the chancellor's alternative course of action to have been?

It's my opinion that if a "creditable source" is so disenfranchised with the AD that they would carry evidence to the chancellor's office, that same source would have carried the evidence directly to the NCAA had they not gotten satisfaction from the chancellor.

I see the chancellor's hands as having been tied. She either took action or risked being a collaborating offender.

Funny how Nebraskaā€™s football program falling completely off the planet coincided with her time there.
IF she ends up with a big job at the NCAA, maybe it will all make sense.
Emerett is leaving soon

Neither her nor Boyd were meddlers in any way. They trusted Fulmer and Pruitt to run their ship.

Funny how Nebraskaā€™s football program falling completely off the planet coincided with her time there.
Emerett is leaving soon
Way to dodge the question.

Emerett is leaving soon
Also coincided with their declining ability to effectively recruit Texas and California.... Strange how being unable to sign upper tier players hurts a program's ability to compete, huh?

I have no stake in the Chancellor. But after watching mismanagement of the Athletic Department for around 20 years... I'm not displeased that she and White are doing things different.

It is amusing how you keep blaming her because Pruitt committed dozens of serious violations. I would suspect that she signed a code of conduct when she was hired that obligated her to an ethical standard. I would say that covering up blatant recruiting violations by the football HC... would be a serious violation of her contract.

Maybe my old fashioned ideals about honesty, integrity, morality, and ethics offend some... but I don't blame the police for catching the criminal.

I find it odd that anyone who cares about the University of Tennessee would criticize the Chancellor for taking immediate and aggressive action and doing the right thing when she learned about what has been described as dozens of violations in the football program. Anything less than the action she and President Boyd pursued would have caused me to want them removed for the good of the school. If the program was dirty, and it sure sounds like it was, clean it out. Cheating football (or any other sport) is not bigger or more important than the integrity of the University nor should it be tolerated. And before you start responding with the lame "well everyone is doing it" excuse and calling me naĆÆve (or worse), understand that while I love football, I detest dishonesty and unethical conduct. I don't care where it is, get rid of it if you can.

It really sounds like some of the fans think dishonesty and cheating are okay as long as you win and don't get caught. Too bad and very sad. That's not much of a lesson for the next generation.

Also coincided with their declining ability to effectively recruit Texas and California.... Strange how being unable to sign upper tier players hurts a program's ability to compete, huh?

I have no stake in the Chancellor. But after watching mismanagement of the Athletic Department for around 20 years... I'm not displeased that she and White are doing things different.

It is amusing how you keep blaming her because Pruitt committed dozens of serious violations. I would suspect that she signed a code of conduct when she was hired that obligated her to an ethical standard. I would say that covering up blatant recruiting violations by the football HC... would be a serious violation of her contract.

Maybe my old fashioned ideals about honesty, integrity, morality, and ethics offend some... but I don't blame the police for catching the criminal.
In this league? If the speed limit is 65 and you arenā€™t going a minimum of 85 you have no chance. Now, was Pruitt and them doing 110? Maybe, probably. But itā€™s pretty well known that Kirby is doing 110 right now too and I donā€™t see the UGA chancellor up there publicly admitting to a bunch of L1 violations.

Bama? They pull back from situations where other schools are doing 110 bc they can. They just go onto the next 4-5* on the list. (I give you Leo Lewis as a prime example).

Now was Pruitt incredibly sloppy? Maybe, probably. Weā€™ll find out. But the guy was at Alabama, the school that has a network running at absolute peak efficiency right now. He also worked for Jimbo. You donā€™t think he understands how business gets done? Hell, when his AD had things rolling the ā€œFulmer Doctrineā€ was by far the best recruiting operation in the league.

When Slive was running the league, if you started going 110 you got a call from him. Small guy, big big stick. Heā€™d tell you ā€œok Iā€™m hearing this this and this and it stops today.ā€ or ā€œyou guys are done recruiting that kid.ā€ Itā€™s why he accomplished the impossible and had no SEC schools on NCAA probation on his watch. He was laughed at when he got the job and stated that that was his mission.

Do you think running a coaching search in a pandemic in late January with the chancellor publicly admitting to several Level I violations may have shallowed the candidate pool a little bit? And then also made it for the AA coach we hired nearly impossible to put together a real SEC caliber staff?

ā€œHonesty, integrity, morality, and ethicsā€. In college sports? But more specifically in SEC FOOTBALL!?!?!?!?? Are you insane? Youā€™re following the wrong sport my friend.
(And I agree, Nebraskaā€™s move to the Big 10 was absolutely devastating to their recruiting efforts. But Iā€™m going to assume that as chancellor, she was involved in that decision)

Way to dodge the question.
I donā€™t know..just seems to me that running a coaching search in late Jan during a pandemic with the chancellor admitting to several Level I violations most certainly shallows the candidate pool for hiring a head coach and makes it nearly impossible to put together an SEC caliber staff. Considering they reportedly dangled $7-8M out there and came back with Josh Heupel, Iā€™d say they didnā€™t exactly think things all the way through.

I donā€™t know..just seems to me that running a coaching search in late Jan during a pandemic with the chancellor admitting to several Level I violations most certainly shallows the candidate pool for hiring a head coach and makes it nearly impossible to put together an SEC caliber staff. Considering they reportedly dangled $7-8M out there and came back with Josh Heupel, Iā€™d say they didnā€™t exactly think things all the way through.
But what choice did she have? If she does nothing, she gets fired as well when all this stuff comes out and it becomes known that she knew about it. You want to blame someone, blame Pruitt for cheating, Fulmer for enabling and the rat for exposing it. Not the chancellor and president who had no choice but to act on it when confronted with the facts.

But what choice did she have? If she does nothing, she gets fired as well when all this stuff comes out and it becomes known that she knew about it. You want to blame someone, blame Pruitt for cheating, Fulmer for enabling and the rat for exposing it. Not the chancellor and president who had no choice but to act on it when confronted with the facts.
Iā€™ll blame the rat for exposing it, Fulmer for not keeping a tight lid on it, and Pruitt for being maybe being sloppy and pissing someone off to where they ratted.

I wonā€™t blame anyone for cheating. Not in this league.

VN Store

Back