Where is Corey Walker?

Agree, we need players with talent on the floor, right now, give him a shot... can’t tell me some of the other guys are better options right now
I will say it's hard to believe he is the least talented player on the team. That tells me it isn't an issue of being good enough. Something weird going on. I understand the tough love approach, but I'd think you'd want to see what you have in the kid at some point in a season that doesn't count to begin with, especially with our struggles on offense at times.

I will say it's hard to believe he is the least talented player on the team. That tells me it isn't an issue of being good enough. Something weird going on. I understand the tough love approach, but I'd think you'd want to see what you have in the kid at some point in a season that doesn't count to begin with, especially with our struggles on offense at times.
Eggs Actly

I’m sure there are things about his job that would take years of experience to learn, Much like any profession. There are also things about any profession that are obvious to any average lay person. Barnes’ continuing problem with bigs is obvious. There is no post player that wasn’t recruited here by Barnes. He’s had post players not pan out at a concerning rate. Walker is one of thebthe highest rated prospects on the team.

Reactions: patrick
I’m sure there are things about his job that would take years of experience to learn, Much like any profession. There are also things about any profession that are obvious to any average lay person. Barnes’ continuing problem with bigs is obvious. There is no post player that wasn’t recruited here by Barnes. He’s had post players not pan out at a concerning rate. Walker is one of thebthe highest rated prospects on the team.
I agree 100% about our post players. Having seen footage of Walker, it would be a huge adjustment for him to play in the post, at least on a regular basis. We don't really run an offense that centers around a high post/low post set, so we don't need to pigeon a perimeter forward into such an exclusive role. Walker was injured and also was exposed to corona virus at the same time. He missed most of preseason practice as a result. We aren't as desperate to play him this year as we were last year to play Vescovi. That's the bottom line as to why he's not playing

Last edited:
Reactions: i2amavol
I agree 100% about our post players. Having seen footage of Walker, it would be a huge adjustment for him to play in the post, at least on a regular basis. We don't really run an offense that centers around a high post/low post set, so we don't need to pigeon a perimeter forward into such an exclusive role. Walker was injured and also was exposed to corona virus at the same time. He missed most of preseason practice as a result. We aren't as desperate to play him this year as we were last year to play Vescovi. That's the bottom line as to why he's not playing
Certainly. I think what you’re saying is correct, which makes you wonder why Barnes is recruiting players that don’t fit, or why he doesn’t adopt his offense to the players. For example, they should have set plays to get Vescovi catch and shoot opportunities. They should be working on cuts for off ball players when the post is double teamed.

That’s why I think there’s more to it.

We aren't as desperate to play him this year as we were last year to play Vescovi. That's the bottom line as to why he's not playing
Free eligibility season, no reason he couldn’t earn a few minutes occasionally if he’s indeed a top 75 player in his class. Somethings amiss with this whole situation IMO.

Reactions: VOLnVANDYland
Free eligibility season, no reason he couldn’t earn a few minutes occasionally if he’s indeed a top 75 player in his class. Somethings amiss with this whole situation IMO.
Maybe. I don't think Barnes allows players to play unless they're ready to play. In his system. Once again, we were desperate for a guard after Turner checked out.

Any chance Walker gets any minutes in February and/or March ? Hell, Walker was a top 25 player at one time. Surely, he knows what Barnes wants on the defensive end, by now. Really strange situation, imo, we are struggling in the post and it doesn't look like ON or Anosike are getting anymore minutes. Although, I think ON deserves more minutes and Anosike barely any. Starting to think Walker is going to transfer, hope I'm wrong and hope Barnes gives him a shot. Hell, he may be a gamer like Dobbs was, apparently. I don't see any downside in letting him get Anosike's minutes

Just curious. Do you always use Hell two or three times per post? Doesn't really make your statement any more valid.

Just curious. Do you always use Hell two or three times per post? Doesn't really make your statement any more valid.
No, not usually, once was more than enough to get my point across. Shows a weak vocabulary when u use certain words and phrases in a post, more than once, which I did. Sorry, not trying to offend. I just want to see Walker play, this year. I think he has some skills that can help UT, offensively, especially and frustrated that we have never seen a minute from Walker in any game

Reactions: orangemadam

Agreed. It's an odd case for sure. This team is in desperate need of a spark at the 4 and 5. I know Barnes does not like to give playing time to players he does not think have earned the court, but you'd think in a season as weird as this where we've yet to play close to our potential he'd try and find a bit of a spark by playing a once 5-star/high 4-star recruit. I cannot imagine he could do worse than Anosike.

Obviously, there is something else going on here and I just hope it's not something unfixable because we're going to need him next year.

Agreed. It's an odd case for sure. This team is in desperate need of a spark at the 4 and 5. I know Barnes does not like to give playing time to players he does not think have earned the court, but you'd think in a season as weird as this where we've yet to play close to our potential he'd try and find a bit of a spark by playing a once 5-star/high 4-star recruit. I cannot imagine he could do worse than Anosike.

Obviously, there is something else going on here and I just hope it's not something unfixable because we're going to need him next year.

I think that Barnes observes every practice and knows far more about other things going on than anybody posting on VN does.

Reactions: cardvolfan
I think that Barnes observes every practice and knows far more about other things going on than anybody posting on VN does.
I don’t understand this line of thought as it’s a no brainer that CRB knows the situation far better than this collective forum. The oddness isn’t that Walker should be playing yet CRB isn’t allowing it, it’s the fact such a highly ranked post recruit who isn’t red shirting due to the free eligibility season can’t find a single minute of playing time even though we’re in need of post help. Leads me and others to question whether he will remain in the program which is no knock against CRB’s distribution of PT.

Reactions: Vols All Day

VN Store

Back