Recruiting forum off topic thread (no politics, covid, or hot button issues)

Soon EV's will be able to travel many times further than they can today and solar panels will be dirt cheap. The future is you creating your own energy and paying nothing but maintenance costs, it's pretty exciting if you think about it.
EVs will never be able to take you on a 5-7000 mile trip in 10-14 days pulling a camper. And I couldn't afford one, even if they do figure it out. You can jump and down in excitement all you want, but it doesn't excite me.

Hey @Freak ... can we get a thread where people can talk about football related topics; one that is not broken up into particular student athletes like in the RF, but also one that is not tied to a thread title like in the FF ... or, could we just create thread for race/diversity topics, a thread for ice age/global warming topics, a religion thread, a GOAT wrestling thread, and keep this thread cleaned out for football related topics.

I'm not a mod, and I don't want banned, but could we get a cleanup on aisle 3?
Do NOT rope Wrestling in with Global Warming.

Soon EV's will be able to travel many times further than they can today and solar panels will be dirt cheap. The future is you creating your own energy and paying nothing but maintenance costs, it's pretty exciting if you think about it.
I am not a climate alarmist but I would love to have my home on solar energy. My motivation is to have one less thing tied to the government

Dude you literally brought up Gores net worth and I countered, how did I change the subject? There are about 50 million studies, books, movies, podcasts, etc on the subject man, I'm not interested in spoon feeding you.

Post some peer reviewed legit studies to counter my points and we can talk. I dont have to prove unicorns dont exist, you have to prove they do.

Lets make this simple where even a five year old would not get distracted.

Chinese_morons.png

For the third time. Please explain to all of us how cutting back carbon emission in the United States of America and outsourcing more of our manufacturing to he Nation who is leading the charge in killing the environment at an exponentially increasing rate changes anything? All it is doing is making virtue signaling NPC's feel good about themselves while the real problem only gets worse.

Take your time and don't post any more half cocked diversions making yourself look even more stupid.

Reactions: Bassmaster_Vol
I'm with you on this whole travel thing.
I'm almost to where I can (kids, bills, you know, life and stuff) but don't know if I'll be able to when I ought to be able to.
I just spent a lot of money my mom left me on a small suv for wife, and a large suv to pull a large camper. I can't afford to go buy anything else now, and if it is their intention is to force fuel back up to the $4 range I am completely screwed. I thought they would act with more sense, but everything that has happened and been said in the last month has freaked me out.

Getting back on the subject

Specifically this quote "Al Gore was also able to leverage his high visibility, his movie awards, his Nobel Prize, and his involvement in various carbon trading and other schemes into a personal fortune. When he ended his tenure as Vice President in 2001, his net worth was $2 million. By 2013, it exceeded $300 million. "

LMAO!!!

That will never happen as long as the blame is not put in the correct place.

View attachment 352058

The world would be a much better place if all the uneducated virtue signaling NPC's (Non-Player Characters) would start thinking for themselves and go after the root cause.
China's government is untouchable. But they are also the single greatest threat to humanity of all time. Pure evil in more ways than one. I'd almost go as far as saying they will eventually be the reason humanity nearly ends on earth.

Russia is a saint in comparison

Dream on. How do you produce the electricity for your EV? You're just exporting the energy consumption and emissions to some other place on the planet.

Where do you get the energy to manufacture your EV in the first place? Real problems need real solutions, not dreams.

It's really not a dream anymore, have you been following Tesla or the big traditional automakers 10 year plans? I dont mean to be pretentious just generally asking.

The price from 2010 till now has been cut in a third and the distance it can travel is 4x further. The technology is moving insanely fast, it's getting cheaper and better every passing day. In another 10 years it will be affordable to anyone.

Also you typically spend on average $22,000 on gas during the lifetime of your car, imagine if that cost was eliminated with panels.

Reactions: Ulysees E. McGill
I see where you're coming from man, I didn't mean to minimize your concerns. Everyone should be able to afford to travel, live well, and be healthy regardless of income. I really do believe that EV technology will allow people to do this much cheaper in the future.
I'm sorry for being testy about it, but I am extremely concerned that my plans and dreams are about to get crushed under the Green new deal boot.

Thanks for attempting to understand.

Reactions: VolsdeepVFL
China's government is untouchable. But they are also the single greatest threat to humanity of all time. Pure evil in more ways than one. I'd almost go as far as saying they will eventually be the reason humanity nearly ends on earth.

Russia is a saint in comparison

AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!

View attachment 352067

For the third time. Please explain to all of us how cutting back carbon emission in the United States of America and outsourcing more of our manufacturing to he Nation who is leading the charge in killing the environment at an exponentially increasing rate changes anything? All it is doing is making virtue signaling NPC's feel good about themselves while the real problem only gets worse.

Take your time and don't post any more half cocked diversions making yourself look even more stupid.

Yeah, if you have to rely on someone else to fix a problem then you probably should not try to fix your portion.

See a shopping cart in a parking space instead of the return? Then leave yours there too! No use in you putting forth any effort if one completely backwards a-hole decides to not do their part.

I'm sorry for being testy about it, but I am extremely concerned that my plans and dreams are about to get crushed under the Green new deal boot.

Thanks for attempting to understand.
No worries, I could have been less combative. The outcome of a green new deal may help you though, all while cleaning up our planet for future generations.

Reactions: Ulysees E. McGill
I am not a climate alarmist but I would love to have my home on solar energy. My motivation is to have one less thing tied to the government

This! I'd love to be off the grid. I've seen videos from people with panels in Texas who are getting enough sun to stay powered while everyone else is blacked out.

Reactions: Leeleesteeth

View attachment 352067

Guessing your mom never taught you two wrongs dont make a right.

View attachment 352067

I'm sure this is not an argument to Not cut back on Carbon Emissions however, right? Uggg, darn it, I promised not to post on non-Vol posts. Anyway, the story is far more complex than the graph suggests. China started developing way after us but has adopted many carbon neutral strategies since. Many suggest they will plateau in 2030. We'll see.

At this rate China will be clean before we are, they've become #1 in the world for wind and solar production. Our industry revolution lasted around 100 years, their's has been more like 20. They're just now getting to the consequences of such.

We cant vote but what we can do is lead by example, something the good ole USA use to be well known for.
I think China leads the world in developing deadly viruses too-----they're way ahead of their time

Guessing your mom never taught you two wrongs dont make a right.

She did and she also taught me that putting someone else up to do your dirty work so they would get the blame for it is in fact not a "right".

VN Store

Back