Recruiting forum off topic thread (no politics, covid, or hot button issues)

Really? You don't understand how skyrocketing fuel costs will ground poor people like me? Keep on laughing your jerk ass off. It is a legitimate concern to me. Probably not to you.
See above post, gas is at levels it was in 2005 in part thanks to renewable putting pressure on oil/coal. Natural gas has done the heavy lifting in the last decade though

Getting back on the subject

Specifically this quote "Al Gore was also able to leverage his high visibility, his movie awards, his Nobel Prize, and his involvement in various carbon trading and other schemes into a personal fortune. When he ended his tenure as Vice President in 2001, his net worth was $2 million. By 2013, it exceeded $300 million. "

LMAO!!!

That will never happen as long as the blame is not put in the correct place.

View attachment 352058

The world would be a much better place if all the uneducated virtue signaling NPC's (Non-Player Characters) would start thinking for themselves and go after the root cause.
Agreed, China is the real problem by far.

Gas prices aren't the same as they were this time last year.
Gas prices aren't the same as they were 20 or so years ago.
And they for sure ain't going down right now.
Soon EV's will be able to travel many times further than they can today and solar panels will be dirt cheap. The future is you creating your own energy and paying nothing but maintenance costs, it's pretty exciting if you think about it.

Reactions: BleedorangeinGA
Admittedly I am not up on the current research but nuclear is not a renewable resource correct? There's only so much radioactive material to use unless I'm mistaken.

That's why Fusion is such a great avenue, the two main hydrogen isotopes used in it aren't as finite as fossil fuel. Still not sure the science is there to make it fully renewable, but the material used is far less than other avenues of energy production. It's more efficient so even if the supply of needed hydrogen isotopes isn't limitless we would be consuming at a far less significant rate. While produce far more energy for each fusion completed. The difficult part thus far has been scaling up to a level that can generate enough energy to be an "on grid" power plant.

Hopefully though ITER is a success and more funding/research is put into it.

Have you per chance looked at the net worth of any other past presidents or in Gores case runner ups? Everyone's net worth skyrockets after the publicity is monetized. Hell Nacy Pelosis net worth is 120 million..

Another change of subject? I do not blame you.

Strong irony here with the NPC stuff, as you're just repeating a talking point fed to you while I'v done research to decide for myself.

Are you keeping this "research" relevant to the crap you spewed since you butted into this conversation to yourself? I have not seen any linked citations.

If we are going to continue to talk about global warming and climate change ... here's two more things to consider:

1) Could global warming be caused as Hell, in the heart of the earth, is enlarging to receive more and more souls?
Isa 14:9 Hell from beneath is moved for thee to meet thee at thy coming: it stirreth up the dead for thee ...

2) From the creation, this earth was not supposed to last for billions of years.
2 Pe 3:10 But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.

Just a couple of things to consider while you guys banter away.
Maybe this crisis is gods way of killing us all off for a nice fresh start

Hey @Freak ... can we get a thread where people can talk about football related topics; one that is not broken up into particular student athletes like in the RF, but also one that is not tied to a thread title like in the FF ... or, could we just create thread for race/diversity topics, a thread for ice age/global warming topics, a religion thread, a GOAT wrestling thread, and keep this thread cleaned out for football related topics.

I'm not a mod, and I don't want banned, but could we get a cleanup on aisle 3?

Reactions: 84VFL
Seen this in Sunday. The new method of cooling Nuclear power plants will insure that it will not be another Chernobyl. A good watch.

SMRs are vital to making the projects manageably small enough for policy makers to want to make them. The mega structures are so expensive to build that they get mired in red tape. Making smaller nuclear reactors with the molten salts for added safety could really be the springboard to drive nuclear to the forefront for baseload power. There are few prototypes in current production. I hope they are successful so more states see them as the way of the future.

Another change of subject? I do not blame you.

Are you keeping this "research" relevant to the crap you spewed since you butted into this conversation to yourself? I have not seen any linked citations.
Dude you literally brought up Gores net worth and I countered, how did I change the subject? There are about 50 million studies, books, movies, podcasts, etc on the subject man, I'm not interested in spoon feeding you.

Post some peer reviewed legit studies to counter my points and we can talk. I dont have to prove unicorns dont exist, you have to prove they do.

I like Crichtons style in that novel. He wasn't debunking or arguing against climate change, just the politization and fear mongering associated with it.
Crichton was my all time favorite author growing up. I'd wait for two years for a book to come out and devour it within a day. Miss that man's books.

I, Ace aka Hoss, do formally apologize for starting a climate change conversation. We are having unusually cold weather with lots of ice and snow and I joked around about climate change in a post or two and posted kindly with a couple of respectful posters. I vow never to mention climate change or global warming ever again in the forum. AMEN

See above post, gas is at levels it was in 2005 in part thanks to renewable putting pressure on oil/coal. Natural gas has done the heavy lifting in the last decade though
The party in total power now have loudly and often declared their intent on restricting and regulating fossil fuel use out of existence. That will cause a huge cost increase.

I can not afford to pay European type costs for fuel, and I can't afford to buy new (or old for that matter) vehicles either. Hell I have to drive 80 miles a day just to get to my workplace where I pick up my work vehicle, so that alone will cost me hundreds more a year.

High fuel costs will badically destroy my dreams of travel in my golden years. It is not funny to me.

Reactions: preacherwebb
I, Ace aka Hoss, do formally apologize for starting a climate change conversation. We are having unusually cold weather with lots of ice and snow and I joked around about climate change in a post or two or and posted kindly with a couple of respectful posters. I vow never to mention climate change or global warming ever again in the forum. AMEN

YAAAASSSS!!!
It's kinda like last week when I self-imposed gif sanctions.
Apology accepted ... and don't let it happen again.

Reactions: Leeleesteeth
The party in total power now have loudly and often declared their intent on restricting and regulating fossil fuel use out of existence. That will cause a huge cost increase.

I can not afford to pay European type costs for fuel, and I can't afford to buy new (or old for that matter) vehicles either. Hell I have to drive 80 miles a day just to get to my workplace where I pick up my work vehicle, so that alone will cost me hundreds more a year.

High fuel costs will badically destroy my dreams of travel in my golden years. It is not funny to me.

THIS!
What does it matter if fuel is cheap, if I can't afford the vehicle that uses the cheap fuel?

I see where you're coming from man, I didn't mean to minimize your concerns. Everyone should be able to afford to travel, live well, and be healthy regardless of income. I really do believe that EV technology will allow people to do this much cheaper in the future.

Reactions: Ulysees E. McGill
Climate change "discussion" kills me. There was an ice age before we covered the earth with people, and it got warmer before we covered the earth with people. Probably we'll get a huge volcanic eruption or asteroid and everything will cool back down.
One Tambora sized eruption anywhere on Earth and we will all be begging for warmth. It was really bad for a while after that eruption, and it will be ten times worse now with the vast increase in people having to be fed.

Reactions: screenthis
Soon EV's will be able to travel many times further than they can today and solar panels will be dirt cheap. The future is you creating your own energy and paying nothing but maintenance costs, it's pretty exciting if you think about it.
Dream on. How do you produce the electricity for your EV? You're just exporting the energy consumption and emissions to some other place on the planet.

Where do you get the energy to manufacture your EV in the first place? Real problems need real solutions, not dreams.

VN Store

Back