Status
Not open for further replies.
According to 247

2013: 108th
2014: 71st
2015: 76th
2016: 67th

Link to check my work: Western Michigan 2016 Football Commits

It hasn't happened, I looked it up before making that statement. No Group of 5 has finished top 30 since 2014 when the "Power 5 & Group of 5" were created.
That's weird. I specifically remember reading that Western Michigan finished in the Top 25 one year with Fleck - that was when we all thought he was a legit candidate here. Maybe I misread it.

I gotta say, I'm pretty much over these damn rolling blackouts around Dallas. It's been going on for two days now------one hour with power and 30 to 45 minutes without power-----all day and night long. I know it's better than a total outage---sorry for those of you without power----but it still sucks.

Western Michigan did it twice when Fleck was there, I believe.

Houston, Cincy, and Memphis are the only G5 schools to make top 50 in the last 10 years. Houston did it once at 36 (I think when they got Ed Oliver). Cincy did it a few times in the 40’s, and Memphis did it once at like 46th. MAC teams never recruit that high.

It may be a little higher than 45 being in south Florida. I think Houston was between 35-30 the year they signed Oliver. He’ll probably average 45-55 classes with a ceiling of around 35-40. Transfers and Juco is probably where he’ll do really well

36th on 247 composite, I mean he may flirt with top 30 but I'll be absolutely amazed if he breaks in.

Houston or Cincinnati I think would be more likely to do it.

Houston, Cincy, and Memphis are the only G5 schools to make top 50 in the last 10 years. Houston did it once at 36 (I think when they got Ed Oliver). Cincy did it a few times in the 40’s, and Memphis did it once at like 46th. MAC teams never recruit that high.
And none of those teams had recruiters with resumes as good as Gus or TWill on their staffs. I bet he consistently gets classes in the 40s and even 30s there.

I gotta say, I'm pretty much over these damn rolling blackouts around Dallas. It's been going on for two days now------one hour with power and 30 to 45 minutes without power-----all day and night long. I know it's better than a total outage---sorry for those of you without power----but it still sucks.
I’m in Frisco and we’ve been up for 3 hours. Getting better.

And none of those teams had recruiters with resumes as good as Gus or TWill on their staffs. I bet he consistently gets classes in the 40s and even 30s there.

But Gus won't have the same support staff he had at Auburn. He did manage to get Arkansas State to 64th in his only seasons there, which was 40ish spots higher than they had been the year prior or after.

I think he'll recruit UCF better than Frost/Heupel did. I just don't think he'll break into the top 30.

Last edited:
36th on 247 composite, I mean he may flirt with top 30 but I'll be absolutely amazed if he breaks in.

Houston or Cincinnati I think would be more likely to do it.
I doubt he breaks it too. I just don’t think his ceiling is 45. He has a lot to sell, especially being in SoFL. Especially if he has success in year one

UCF is the Cadillac of the G5, and I think he can start selling "I've been to the top of the SEC mountain" and "I will get you drafted" in ways other coaches have not been able to sell there.

They sat in the 60's with Heupel and Frost. I wouldn't be surprised if Gus and the staff he's going to build get them in the top 30.
I wouldn’t say that. All the top kids in Florida have tons of options besides UCF and it’s gonna be hard to get any of those major blue chips to come to Orlando. Cincinnati has been the class of G5 recruiting for years now. Every kid in Ohio that OSU doesn’t want, Cincy gets them. And that includes 4 star recruits who could go basically anywhere else. They’ve had the top recruiting class in the G5 every year since Fickell has been there, and even a few times before that,

I doubt he breaks it too. I just don’t think his ceiling is 45. He has a lot to sell, especially being in SoFL. Especially if he has success in year one

I said "top 45" which would be 31st to 45th. But yeah I could have been more clear in what I was saying I guess. If he's pulling in 35th rated classes on the regular he will probably be undefeated a few times.

Reactions: Sleegro
I saw a commercial where Sting is coming to that new promotion?

Oh no ... he is already "All Elite!"
If you like wrestling, you should give AEW a look.
I checked out on wrestling for years ... WWE just got stale and too scripted (I know what I just said) but AEW is fresh in a throwback sort of way.
They've still got a ways to go in developing talent, but they are on the way.

Reactions: EezyE and KokoBVol
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back