Recruiting forum off topic thread (no politics, covid, or hot button issues)

I received two calls last night from energy company asking customers to conserve electricity by not running dishwasher or washer/dryer and turn off unnecessary lights. My first thought was: What would we be doing 10 years from now if everyone was charging their electric car.
Get the facts straight | Bjorn Lomborg

Saw a news article this am that windmills in Texas wind farms are frozen up and not working, and some solar panels are covered with snow. Hopefully the Green people are learning a lesson today.

I received two calls last night from energy company asking customers to conserve electricity by not running dishwasher or washer/dryer and turn off unnecessary lights. My first thought was: What would we be doing 10 years from now if everyone was charging their electric car.
Get the facts straight | Bjorn Lomborg
Upgrading the infrastructure, which we should have done 10 years ago. Is my best guess?

I believe they use historical averages of temperature to compare. Which, of course has risen over years. Not arguing, data is what it is...take it how you will.
Data points aren’t enough to give us a good enough trend line (couple hundred years max vs potential millions of years). Seeing as we were coming out of a mini ice age in the mid 19th century, it would only make sense that temps will trend upward.

One other interesting fact that helps the “climate change” argument is that Canada left out nearly 50 years of data when compiling their warming report because it didn’t fit the narrative.

Data points aren’t enough to give us a good enough trend line (couple hundred years max vs potential millions of years). Seeing as we were coming out of a mini ice age in the mid 19th century, it would only make sense that temps will trend upward.

One other interesting fact that helps the “climate change” argument is that Canada left out nearly 50 years of data when compiling their warming report because it didn’t fit the narrative.
Pretty sure that anyone can find any data to support their narrative. Truth is, right now in history its pretty warm when its warm.

It also could be that the absolute truth doesnt exist er at least isnt exactly right or left. It could be this IS all cyclical. Could be that Earth is running a temperature and is trying to kill the virus? It could be alien parents are being sent a homing beacon that only people wearing tin foil can see! It could also be that none of us have a clue.

Pretty sure that anyone can find any data to support their narrative. Truth is, right now in history its pretty warm when its warm.

It also could be that the absolute truth doesnt exist er at least isnt exactly right or left. It could be this IS all cyclical. Could be that Earth is running a temperature and is trying to kill the virus? It could be alien parents are being sent a homing beacon that only people wearing tin foil can see! It could also be that none of us have a clue.
Lol. I actually believe your last point is closest to the truth, we’re not as smart as we think we are.

I believe in conservation and taking care of what God gave us. I also believe that I don’t want an elite few to tell us what we can and can not do (from their private jets).

It is 300% warmer now than when you woke up. Clear evidence of the existential threat of global warming. Now let's kill some birds with our wind farms and drive electric cars that require more energy to run that those dinosaur internal combustion smog skewers.

Sorry. I hate the hyperbole of global warming proponents.
In Texas they had to thaw out frozen windmill blades with gas powered helicopters using a petroleum based de-icer. The blades on windmills are made with petroleum based products. Lol

In Texas they had to thaw out frozen windmill blades with gas powered helicopters using a petroleum based de-icer. The blades on windmills are made with petroleum based products. Lol
The plastic components in electric cars are made from hydrocarbons, and the metal components need hydrocarbons for the energy to process the metal ores. So much for the new "no footprint" electric cars.

Funny, but this isn't the cause of our power crisis here. Our grid has never been weather proofed for these kinds of temperature because it just doesn't normally get this cold here. The last time we had a power grid failure was probably 10 or so years ago. It's not the windmills freezing. ;p

It is 300% warmer now than when you woke up. Clear evidence of the existential threat of global warming. Now let's kill some birds with our wind farms and drive electric cars that require more energy to run that those dinosaur internal combustion smog skewers.

Sorry. I hate the hyperbole of global warming proponents.

Seriously? As someone who has grown up in a family in the oil industry, this is just crazy. Electric cars are going to be the future, and they are already WAY more efficient in just about every way than gas (and yes, I still drive a extremely un-efficient gas powered vehicle). There are a whole lot of benefits to renewable energy.

Are we going to go after the duck hunters next? I'm pretty sure they kill a lot of birds as well.

Funny, but this isn't the cause of our power crisis here. Our grid has never been weather proofed for these kinds of temperature because it just doesn't normally get this cold here. The last time we had a power grid failure was probably 10 or so years ago. It's not the windmills freezing. ;p
These failure have been more and more of a thing these last few years tho...with our generally mild winters. I can understand when it’s tornado season but there have been stretches where that’s unrelated. Too many damn people or bad management or insert conspiracy here.

VN Store

Back