Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not concerned at all. I dont believe we've been turned down like it's being portrayed. I think Al Washington was the top choice (isn't that what you're hearing @Stoerner Fumbles?), and talks with him stretched several days...4 to 6 days, imo....maybe longer. With that being said...

Heupel has been on the job 18 days. So, take away 4 to 6 days from that, and we're looking at around 2 weeks to ponder, pivot, talk, proceed.
Bama lost Sark on Jan 3, and O'Brien was named on the 21st...18 days. Aurburn hired Harsin on Dec 22, if I'm not mistaken...he hired Mason 15 days later, and Bobo, 16 days later. Beamer, at USCe, took 30+ days to find OC AND DC.

The reason we are concerned, or freaked out, or bitching and belly aching is because we're Tennessee. We burn sh!t in the middle of the street whenever things don't go our way; we conduct revolts, and then justify said revolt with something half the people revolting weren't even aware of (you'll never convince me that Shiano Sunday was about Penn St...it had everything to do with Jon Gruden not being named HC). Some of us are so miserable and lost, about 5 or 6 days ago, we started begging for John Jancek back. See what I'm saying? It's pathetic. MANY on here would believe it if some random poster, acting like an insider, said Bill Belichick was coming; then, whenever it didn't happen, they would set themselves on fire. Saw an example today: someone just mentioned Shoop; and, before long posters were asking where the Shoop news was coming from.

Also, another note, just to give some more perspective about time and patience: Rich Rodriguez turned Bama down on Dec 8, 2006...Nick Saban was hired 26 days later, on Jan 3, 2007. Can you imagine 26 days of this place, if that happened. HOLY SH!T!

Twenty-six days. UT fired Pruitt and Fulmer on Jan 18...Danny White hired Jan 22...Josh Heupel hired Jan 27. UT fired an AD and HC, and had both positions filled in 9 days; and, still, this place was melting down.

Again, this rebuild is going to take all of us: school, AD, coaches, players, fans. Yet to be seen if the other four will live up to their part of the bargain; but, as of this moment, many of us fans are failing miserably...completely melting down because things are not working within OUR individual time frame. Danny White (a move that ALL of college athletics called GRAND SLAM) hasn't been here a month, and some already want him run off. THAT'S how ridiculous some are acting. I would be ashamed of myself; but, hell...it's 2021, looking like an ass has become cool somehow. Glad I didn't get the memo.
accurate post. although for me, while i was not aware of the Penn St thing for GS either, my issue wasn't that it wasn't gruden. it was that it was GS. lol.

but lotta truth here...
1613397025970.png

I agree with all that..but it ain't happening. We have been used and abused for over a decade, and that is not our fault. The dysfunction in the administration is not our fault. The fact that they "Chernobyled" the program leading to this mess...is not our fault.

Treating us like mushrooms isn't helping the situation. Feeding us bull**** and keeping us in the dark is only further exasperating a fatigued and battered fanbase.

I want to be hopeful, I believe that is all most of us want, but this DC search is not giving us any. I understand in principle why DW can not and
should badly overpay for a good DC, but at this point he is obviously going to have to pay a lot more than is prudent, or we are going to end up with a junkpile choice.
None of that is the current administrations fault..... our fans( myself included) don’t even know what makes a good defensive coordinator..... we won’t know if we hired a good one for a couple seasons.

None of that is the current administrations fault..... our fans( myself included) don’t even know what makes a good defensive coordinator..... we won’t know if we hired a good one for a couple seasons.
Someone who can teach their system in a way that can be understood by the players would be a significant upgrade over the previous year and considered good by many.

From that Elarbee article. (h/t @seaofORANGE22 )

Let's eat.

tenor.gif

tenor.gif
unnamed-1.gif
tenor-50.gif

When I first saw this clip 10 years ago I laughed so hard. The dog having a nightmare made it even better.
That is how I woke up, heard a crash outside thinking a tree was coming down on me. Got lots of trees around my place. Parked my vehicle way up the driveway in the clear, I had to learn the hard way with a big limb through window several years back.

Reactions: VOLSONLY
Just quit listening to ap, he don't know s h I t. I think DW pulled his access card and is just making stuff up to rile us up and gets clicks.
It's his job to come up with stuff. Pretty obvious everyone is just taking shots in the dark. May have heard it on good faith.

Everyone wants to be the guy that breaks this.

Didn't work out that way for Alex Grinch and it is not working out that way for Arnett either.
When I initially read this post, I thought you made a pretty good point. Still do, but here's a little of the difference between what Tennessee will be and what Oklahoma and Mississippi State are:

Central Florida was 110th in time of possession this year: 27:30 per game. The year before, they were worse at 25:42 per game.

Oklahoma 2020: 25th at 31:48.
Mississippi State 2020: 43rd at 30:57.

It is not simply that all high scoring offenses are the same. You can go TOO fast, which is why most teams have stopped using pure tempo 100% of the time. It is not a means by which you can have consistent success, especially at the SEC level.

Bull..you can look at a guys career and see if there is any reason to believe he will be worth a crap or not.

I don't care if it's a successful small school guy, I have said repeatedly that hiring a hungry good small school guy is the direction I wish they would go.

It's his job to come up with stuff. Pretty obvious everyone is just taking shots in the dark. May have heard it on good faith.

Everyone wants to be the guy that breaks this.
He knows how infuriating it makes us, I don't like that aspect about him. I used to listen to him and hubbs exclusively. I don't think DW is playing that game anymore. #Stoptheleaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back