Most exhilarating sports moment?

Meeting Lou Brock, my favorite player when I was a little boy. I told him I loved watching him run. He told me if he hit a home run, he would run the bases full speed. He didn't hit a home run but he hit a triple off the top of the fence. Standing on third base, he looked over at me and pointed, he then put his hand over his heart. I will never forget the that moment. After the game he game back over to me with a game ball and said "almost." I cried when he died.

Great story. He is my favorite athlete across all sports. I too cried when he died.

Watching the Natty while listening to John Ward say "...the National Champion is clad...IN BIG ORANGE!"
Being in the downpour, upper deck, '92 Florida.
Being there to beat tOSU in the Citrus.
Being there on my last beer to see Dale Jr win a rain-delayed Daytona 500.
The Dobbs-Nail Boot.

Last edited:
1. Titans Final Superbowl Drive in 99... so close

2. James Wilhoit 04 field goal to beat the gators

3. Lebron Game 7 Finals win at Golden State

In contrast to the most heartbreaking moment, what moment still gives you goosebumps... or makes you cry?

For me... with zero doubt it is the Miracle on Ice...

Being at the VOLS National championship is a close second

I can't think of any more exhilarating than '98 Florida FG miss and the Billy Ratliff/Stoerner fumble.

Being there for both makes it more special i suppose.

Two that i wasn't there but was exhilarating:
The come back at Notre Dame...91 i think
Dobbs Nail Boot...

Reactions: 67Vol
Given the recent events and that it was vs the Yankees, living in Phoenix during the 2001 world series was crazy. Of course there was no way to get a game 7 ticket but we watched from around BOB. Place was crazy that night

In contrast to the most heartbreaking moment, what moment still gives you goosebumps... or makes you cry?

Winning the BCS Championship in 7 straight seasond on NCAA 14 for me before I got bored and changed teams.

Busch stadium 1978 - Joe Morgan knocked a homer into right field at my feet. Unfortunately I wasn’t fast enough to get the ball. I’m a Cardinal fan but I always admired Cincinnati’s Joe Morgan for his dedication to the game of baseball.

Go VOLS

Reactions: ArdentVol
Kick to beat Florida in 98 (loudest I've ever heard the stadium)
Majors 1st win over Bama
Miracle in South Bend
Dobbs to Jennings in GA
Natty in 98

Watching the man in black Dale sr. win the first and only NASCAR race I have ever been to. I was a huge #3 fan and the spring race at Bristol in 94 will never be forgotten. To me racing died the day he did at Daytona

Reactions: vols72 and bullet20
I’ve always been a Dodgers fan, so when K Gibson homered for a walk off World Series win I jumped so high I broke the chandelier in our living room.

Cubs fan here, but this is still one of my top sports moments. I was 14 when it happened, no technology distractions, just the TV, and Vin Scully on the call.

Gibson limping into the box, and fouling iff what seemed like 15 balls, in a never ending at bat, ending in the improbable, a walk off on one leg. I knew when it happened, that I had just witnessed a legendary moment that would live forever.

Things just felt bigger back then, especially being a kid. What a moment. One I have shared with my now teenage sons several times.

For a team I'm not fan of, it would be attending the 2019 SEC Championship with my dad. Unforgettable memories. Seeing LSU beat UGA and seeing their fans in misery was also awesome😂😂.

I would have to say either (1) watching Shane Falco lead the Washington Sentinels to a playoff berth over Dallas, or (2) the night we all learned about Manti Te'o and his imaginary girlfriend.

Reactions: tdawgs

VN Store

Back