Most exhilarating sports moment?

bullet20

Watching the man in black Dale sr. win the first and only NASCAR race I have ever been to. I was a huge #3 fan and the spring race at Bristol in 94 will never be forgotten. To me racing died the day he did at Daytona
I was thinking about the time he finally won the Daytona 500 after 20 years of trying and every person from every crew lined up on pit road to congradulate him as he was coming down pit road heading for victory lane.

First time in Neyland in 1968 as a 12 year old watching the Vols destroy UCLA.
Sugar Bowl in 1986.
National champs in 1998.
Game 6 of the 2011 WS at Busch watching David Freese bring the Cards back from the brink then homer for the win in extra innings. Best BB game I ever witnessed in person.

peyton4heisman

Senior Lurker New Member
In contrast to the most heartbreaking moment, what moment still gives you goosebumps... or makes you cry?

For me... with zero doubt it is the Miracle on Ice...

Being at the VOLS National championship is a close second
1.) 98 NC
2.) 2005 ChiSox win the Series
3.) 4th and 21 Clausen to Fayton in Tuscaloosa to go to overtime and eventually win in 5OT
4.) 08 Olympics Phelps and friends win medley against the French for Phelps’ 8th gold

me_grag

I’ve always been a Dodgers fan, so when K Gibson homered for a walk off World Series win I jumped so high I broke the chandelier in our living room.
Started keeping up with the Dodgers when the Senators traded Claude Osteen in mid 60s.My dad knew his mother in law when he was stationed at Walter Reed Hospital picked her up on the way for work. Watched him pitch for the Senators a number of times. Opening day pitcher who usually got a least one of the few hits they got.Glad he finally got to pitch for a team that was not perennially sub .500. He was a Tn. native from Caney Sprng btw.

ALLVOL 4LIFE

Long Time Listener 1st Time Caller
My son lost his left eye when he was 9. Being able to see him play a game of baseball less than 1 year later made me into putty. Even though I was his coach and knew he had put in the work to play again, him actually doing it and having the courage to compete with other children, with no security net, set off my tuning fork!

VN Store

Sponsors