Jerry Mack Hired As Next RB Coach

What resume do you want for a RB coach? He has as a 31-15 record as a head coach. That's pretty good. Plus he has ties to Memphis. What do you people want?

Exactly. Some of our fans are comically ridiculous. The guy is being hired as a RB coach. We got a guy with a winning record as a HC who is currently an OC...to be the RB Coach. And people wanna complain.

Interesting. How do you know he is well connected into various coaching networks?

I honestly know nothing about him. I hope he does a great job and I am behind the hire. My one concern would be lack of big time P5 experience.

The Houston paper had a great article about him last June. Mack had internships with multiple NFL teams and is an annual speaker at the Quarterback Coaching Summit... which put him on Eric Bieniemy's radar.

Read he has good recruiting ties to South and especially Memphis and runs up tempo offense like JH
That's positive.

I'm not dissing the hire. Just seemed like an odd resume to me. His record was decent at NCCU though. Never hurts to have a guy around who understands what it means to be a HC.

FWIW, looks like NCCU was bad before he got there, MEAC champs 3 of the 4 years he was there, and bad after he left. Like yall said about the OC stuff, he won't be a HC here, but surely that HC success means good things for him as a coach.

If there's a position you can go with a stellar recruiter who may just be an average coach, it's at the RB position. Having said that, I know absolutely nothing about him in either capacity.
I poo-pooed the Rice experience a little but he looked pretty solid at NCCU. If I had to guess, his experience in the Durham area gave him some good recruiting relationships in VA, NC, and SC.

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
Went the Football roster page and this is what it currently shows. At least there are 19 listed as signed from 2021 Signing Day. :oops:

1613082497423.png1613082545796.png

VN Store

Back