Josh Conklin - However it makes too much sense

giphy.gif

I think thats a great hire as well...............would imagine he's ok being the top dog for a few more years at Wofford though and possibly being plucked to a power 5 team in the near future if he keeps winning.

Meh...he was DC for 3 years at Pitt and 2 years at FIU (62 games total). Those teams gave up an average of 30 points per game and their average national ranking for scoring defense was 76th....for yards per play allowed, 83rd.

Last edited:
So he was a college DC and now a head coach and we should have him come back as a DC................. I mean why do that? Wouldn't it make more sense to wait for a bigger HC gig?

These articles continue to prove that nobody has any idea about what is going on and the leaks in the Athletic Department have been sealed. Every blogger and college football insider is throwing things against the wall to see what sticks. Nobody knows, but everyone knows it is still a very, very good job to have.

So he was a college DC and now a head coach and we should have him come back as a DC................. I mean why do that? Wouldn't it make more sense to wait for a bigger HC gig?

These articles continue to prove that nobody has any idea about what is going on and the leaks in the Athletic Department have been sealed. Every blogger and college football insider is throwing things against the wall to see what sticks. Nobody knows, but everyone knows it is still a very, very good job to have.
He obviously had interest in the Illinois DC position earlier this year as he interviewed for it. I would say that a head coach at a tiny program has a better chance of getting a shot at a power 5 HC job by being a power 5 DC. I'm not trying to read CJH's mind, just stating fact.

REPORT: Trio of Candidates Interview for Illini Defensive Coordinator Opening

Reactions: TennesseeTarheel
I’d rather hire a DC that has been a DC in this kind of offense.....FCS, D2, JUCO. I don’t care, just find one that understands the difficulties associated with it. He doesn’t have to be a great recruiter.....Chavis wasn’t and he was great....for a while

I like Conklin, but he gives up a lot of points. His quote "There gonna score, we just need some stops" Well his Pitt defense gave up 61 points I believe to Syracuse. Im not saying he wouldn't be good, but this article makes it sound like this would be a home run....I'm thinking this would be more like a double.

Meh...he was DC for 3 years at Pitt and 2 years at FIU (62 games total). Those teams' gave up an average of 30 points per game and their average national ranking for scoring defense was 76th....for yards per play allowed, 83rd.
Funny. This is exactly why they are saying DCs don't like being teamed with a fast efficient offense. It makes them play way more plays and give up more points and yards than a slo mo offense.

I like Conklin, but he gives up a lot of points. His quote "There gonna score, we just need some stops" Well his Pitt defense gave up 61 points I believe to Syracuse. Im not saying he wouldn't be good, but this article makes it sound like this would be a home run....I'm thinking this would be more like a double.

More like "hit by a pitch" . . .

GBO

I went to college for a couple of semesters at Saint Andrews Presbyterian College in Laurinburg, North Carolina which is not far from the South Carolina line.

VN Store

Back