Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ohio State has also made its pitch to keep linebackers coach Al Washington as it tries to fend off a high-dollar play from Tennessee to lure him away from his hometown. Multiple sources with direct knowledge of the discussions have indicated to Lettermen Row the Buckeyes have discussed an enhanced financial package and the potential to be the defensive run-game coordinator with Washington, though there has been no indication yet as to what his final decision will be.

😂”financial package” I guess
“we gave him more money and added a title that means nothing” doesn’t roll off the tongue quite as nice.

Ohio State has also made its pitch to keep linebackers coach Al Washington as it tries to fend off a high-dollar play from Tennessee to lure him away from his hometown. Multiple sources with direct knowledge of the discussions have indicated to Lettermen Row the Buckeyes have discussed an enhanced financial package and the potential to be the defensive run-game coordinator with Washington, though there has been no indication yet as to what his final decision will be.

He definitely isn’t coming if he is accepting less money and an empty title like that. My question to OSU would be, “If you want me to stay so bad bc of the great coach and recruiter I am, and are willing to double my salary and give me an additional title, why wasn’t I worth it the last few years? Why am I the 3rd lowest paid coach on the staff?”

And what does that say to all the coaches that he’s passing up in pay and title?

Whatever, not my life; not my decision. We’re going to be irrelevant for the next 2-3 years anyways and even if we win 6-7 a year it won’t matter with no bowl eligibility.

Reactions: Dudley Smith
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back