Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
giphy.gif

For the amount of Money we are offering I can't imagine how bad that job actually is
I’m sure Osu has said “if you go to Tennessee you’ll just be fired in 3 years and back to being a position coach”. JH being unproven for the most part and our past 3 coaches being fired. Not exactly a great landing spot

I'm sorry but that dudes an idiot for turning this job down. His head coach is also suspect for not advising him to take it. Obviously you would like to keep him but you also shouldn't steer coaches under you away from career altering job opportunities. Especially to go to a school you'll likely never play against.

To act like this is some bs opportunity is ridiculous. This opportunity would have been whatever he made of it.

His loss.

Aight I'm moving on now. Go vols

I'm sorry but that dudes an idiot for turning this job down. His head coach is also suspect for not advising him to take it. Obviously you would like to keep him but you also shouldn't steer coaches under you away from career altering job opportunities. Especially to go to a school you'll likely never play against.

To act like this is some bs opportunity is ridiculous. This opportunity would have been whatever he made of it.

His loss.

The only people on the planet who would agree with this are Vol fans. If it hasn’t been clear through the search process this place is toxic and sanctions pending on top of that. Add to that it’s his first DC job with an offense that will make it an almost impossible task to have great numbers. He will get more money sticking in a cushy position and will get his pick next year of jobs, can’t blame him honestly.

Reactions: UTMVol76
It's like telling your star player that's a junior not to enter the draft when they're a guaranteed top 10 pick. You strike while the iron is hot. That chance may not be waiting on you a year from now.

I disagree

Washington staying at Ohio state is smart. Coming here would be his last DC job

“SO, Vol fans, there’s your new football team Offensive assistant coaches. We got em all pretty cheap at a bulk rate when I brought em all with me from Orlando.
We don’t really have any defensive coaches yet, but I’m not worried about that. We will just outscore everybody, Go Vols”.

Reactions: volinbama256
“SO, Vol fans, there’s your new football team Offensive assistant coaches. We got em all pretty cheap at a bulk rate when I brought em all with me from Orlando.
We don’t really have any defensive coaches yet, but I’m not worried about that. We will just outscore everybody, Go Vols”.
Weak take on Offensive staff.

Is me getting bored with this part of AD White's master plan?
If it is, it's working.

But seriously, this is getting boring.
I think I liked it better when we had leaks and Grumors.
(can't decide on blue font on this part or not ...)

The only people on the planet who would agree with this are Vol fans. If it hasn’t been clear through the search process this place is toxic and sanctions pending on top of that. Add to that it’s his first DC job with an offense that will make it an almost impossible task to have great numbers. He will get more money sticking in a cushy position and will get his pick next year of jobs, can’t blame him honestly.

Yeah I've heard all these nice and dark talking points. Thanks

Reactions: Ulysees E. McGill

His loss.

I like it and agree

If we are offering what has been said (and probably some things not discussed) to a position coach up and comer that most sitting DCs don’t get, and he still has to think on it...he’s already made up his mind to stay. At this point it’s part flattery, part extortion to see what OSU will do to “keep” him.
I’d love to have a guy that appears well respected and is a proven recruiter and developer, but we need to get this show on the road. I’m all for persistence but there’s a fork in every road. We need to choose a direction and go.

Sometimes, the strategy is to leave the door cracked until there's someone else on the line. Then it's ultimatum time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back