Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone here have Rheumatoid Arthritis? This has been going on the last couple months for me and I want to see if anyone can offer some kind of solace. Hell, I’ll even take prayers at this point. It started with my right knee. I noticed it was swollen one day, didn’t think much of it. As the days passed, the swelling intensified. I couldn’t move my knee like I used to, walking started to hurt.. I went to the doctor. They took my age and assumed I just hurt myself and recommended arthroscopic surgery after several failed aspirations. By this time, my left knee was starting to swell.. then stiffen.. then hurt.

I went through with the surgery. They found nothing, aside from inflamed tissue. Now my left knee is killing me, and my right knee is recovering from surgery. My dad’s side of the family has RA history running rampant in it. But always in the hands, and always presenting in their 40s-50s. I’m 24, and this is my knees. I don’t know what to do, I see a rheumatologist next week. But this has ruined my life. I haven’t worked in two months, and I don’t see an end in sight.

That sucks man. I'm not sure if that's similar to gout or not (I know they're both a form of arthritis) but ive had that in both feet, knees and Achilles since I was in my early 20s and it derailed my life at times too. I finally have it semi under control these days. Though I'm always on guard. Don't wish that on anybody. I felt too young for it to be happening at the time too. But you'll get through it.

I realized eventually that too many beers and rich foods often led me to flare ups and I had to back way off. Sucks but way better than dealing with that and probably saved me from some worse decisions I could have made along the way. I won't drink more than one maybe 2 beers tops in any given situation now. I was on medication specifically for gout for awhile too, but honestly it made it worse. Steroid packs helped the individual flare ups go down for me. Eventually I realized if I took Aleve at the first tiny twinge of pain that would often keep it from getting too bad.

I have no clue what the solution is for you. But work on being mindful of what you put in your body. Trace your flare ups back if you can. You could also look into the Whole30 diet which can help you identify hidden food allergies. It's not super fun but you can learn a lot.

Pulling for you man. Hang in there.

Where did this Washington guy go to school at?
cardale_graduates.0.jpg

(edit - boston college)

Reactions: The Comb
Does anyone here have Rheumatoid Arthritis? This has been going on the last couple months for me and I want to see if anyone can offer some kind of solace. Hell, I’ll even take prayers at this point. It started with my right knee. I noticed it was swollen one day, didn’t think much of it. As the days passed, the swelling intensified. I couldn’t move my knee like I used to, walking started to hurt.. I went to the doctor. They took my age and assumed I just hurt myself and recommended arthroscopic surgery after several failed aspirations. By this time, my left knee was starting to swell.. then stiffen.. then hurt.

I went through with the surgery. They found nothing, aside from inflamed tissue. Now my left knee is killing me, and my right knee is recovering from surgery. My dad’s side of the family has RA history running rampant in it. But always in the hands, and always presenting in their 40s-50s. I’m 24, and this is my knees. I don’t know what to do, I see a rheumatologist next week. But this has ruined my life. I haven’t worked in two months, and I don’t see an end in sight.
Lose some weight and pray our healthcare system gets more "socialized" in your lifetime. I've got RA too

He went to OSU. So did his wife. Their family is there. Of course he wants to be there. Doesn't mean he won't eventually see this as a better opportunity. Who knows

Edit: I have been corrected. Point still stands. His dad played there and he's from Columbus.
All I'm going to say is... Didn't you get the memo?

Reactions: Dudley Smith
You can thank Jurmy Pruitt and Phil fulmer for this.
This is exactly what happens when you hire a bumbling athletic director. He hires a bumbling head coach who not only commits violations but has some of the worst staff turnover you’ll ever see in a 3 year span.
it was already a task to get head coaches to give us a serious look. It never was for assistants but Here comes Pruitt to slam that door shut.
Fulmer should be ashamed to show his face back around the program but we all know he has no shame and he thinks he is the face of Tennessee football.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back