Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cmon, you have to admit that you were reading into it by stating it was a diversity hire. If you don't care, why did you even say it in the first place? Is there another candidate that you think should have received the job, but didn't due to being white?

To be fair if we hire a minority it's a diversity hire. You're reading into what that means based on your own personal experiences/assumptions (we all do this, nothing personal). But by definition any minority or female coach hire is going to be a diversity hire.

Kodi Burns is a diversity hire, but that doesn't mean the hire had anything to do with Kodi's race.

The same thing is on the table here. If he comes here and has success they’ll be calling him again. That being said I think he’s just dangling a carrot in front of the horse to bleed all the money he can.

At this point it’s not about money. Final money offers are in on both sides. OSU pulling at the heart strings if they have players pushing on him then they really don’t want to lose him. Per Biddle on 247 OSU site. He felt good about AW staying as of last night before TN came in with 1.5M which is more than their DC makes. So he doesn’t see anyway OSU would pay that and it’s waiting on final decision.

This is what we gonna do guys:

Eat a healthy doughnut pregame meal. At halftime we take a nap. If we don’t win blame someone else.
Dude was as dominant DL as the college game has ever seen, and y'all want to come in here with those lame jokes. take a hike and clear your mind dude.

Reactions: Smokey19rt
The same thing is on the table here. If he comes here and has success they’ll be calling him again. That being said I think he’s just dangling a carrot in front of the horse to bleed all the money he can.
I would do the same thing..... it’s a rebuild and a challenge here..... at Ohio state .... he knows his name will grow for sure.

name one person that would come here and hit everything out of the park.

Maybe it’s time we all take a long look at what Tennessee is rather than point the finger at this person or that person.

It’s not desirable and there is no way for assistants outside of the guys Who know CJH and DW to gauge whether it’s going to work out so it’s worth coming here.

It's not okay for an AD to keep whiffing on his hires, never getting one of his top choices. No matter what condition we're in, that's not called success. DW is getting paid a lot of money to hire his third, fourth, or fifth choices. The whole point of bringing him in, in paying him more than most other ADs, was his supposed ability to "get his guy". That's not to say things won't still work out. But he hasn't landed "his guy" on multiple tries.

It's not okay for an AD to keep whiffing on his hires, never getting one of his top choices. No matter what condition we're in, that's not called success. DW is getting paid a lot of money to hire his third, fourth, or fifth choices. The whole point of bringing him in, in paying him more than most other ADs, was his supposed ability to "get his guy". That's not to say things won't still work out. But he hasn't landed "his guy" on multiple tries.
Our culture is toxic..... he is working to change that......once he does.... I don’t think he will have this problem again.

Are you assuming that this is a product of his capabilities, or could this be the state of the program? I wonder if there is another AD that could have done any better? At this time, I tend to believe there is not. As someone stated above, the state of our program in three years will be his measuring stick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back