Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
If this falls through again then DW is not all what he’s cracked up to be
Yep, the current state of the UT program certainly has nothing to do with it. If DW was any good at his job he would be able to kidnap candidates and force to take jobs at UT. Based on the offer we have extended to AW, that should tell you all you need to know about the impact of DW. At the end of the day, our program is in a terrible situation and we can't force people to come work here.

You can’t make coaches come here raise or not. If you think about all the movement that assistant coaches make every offseason in college football it makes sense. Fans want comfort and security blanket warm fuzzies...not the way coaches work.

Reactions: Smokey19rt
Yep, the current state of the UT program certainly has nothing to do with it. If DW was any good at his job he would be able to kidnap candidates and force to take jobs at UT. Based on the offer we have extended to AW, that should tell you all you need to know about the impact of DW. At the end of the day, our program is in a terrible situation and we can't force people to come work here.

Exactly.

Still doesn't exonerate DW of responsibility. One of the roles of a good AD is to sell the university to coaches. DW has failed at that more than once. I fully acknowledge he's in a tough spot, but I also acknowledge he's getting paid a lot of money and falling short over and over. I'm not screaming "Fire DW", but realistically, people need to realize DW has not been very successful, so far.
Not been successful so far, lol. His success, or lack thereof, is nowhere near close to being realized yet.

.......or everyone here is finally realizing how the rest of the college football world views this program...

You gotta keep swinging until you get people here that can help turn that around.

But you're right this is what happens when NCAA stuff clouds the off-season. We gotta get back to football. Then somebody else will screw up and we can be quietly building in the background again. Just need the right staff to build it the right way.

We shouldn't be disappointed that we are trying to hire a coach that OSU desperately wants to keep. I don't care what anybody in here says. That's a GOOD look. Spin it how you want. Most in the media and other fanbases will spin negativily. But it means we are identifying good coaches and taking serious shots at them. Just might have to keep looking until we land one.

Hopefully we land Washington. He would be excellent imo.

The admin is more bought into this than the fanbase will be. Preaching patience and getting it are two different things.

Oh believe me, I know. I'm in the basketball game threads, we've got such a ridiculous fanbase.

Sadly the majority of the "voltwitter" bunch are trolls, so when things are good they try to provoke and jab other teams/fanbases. When things are bad they turn that on the school they are supposedly fans of it's such an idiotic thing, I'd rather deal with sunshine pumpers any day of the week than the trolls.

Not been successful so far, lol. His success, or lack thereof, is nowhere near close to being realized yet.
JH was at best his third choice, possibly a few more down the line. Now we keep getting turned down for the DC position. So yeah, I'd say he's not shown much success at what I was talking about, selling UT to coaches. A good AD has to be able to do that.

Hmm...

I’m sure he’ll take his fat new checks and a promise from OSU.
Tough decision when you know you will get other opportunities if you stay where you are.... it is probably up in the air or we would be hearing conclusively that he is staying.

I don't care who they hire or what ethnicity or gender the hire happens to be. I've said from the outset they need to hire people who mesh with the new staff, in philosophy and personality, so they can move forward cohesively and repair the rift in the program. Whoever those people are and whatever they happen to look like, I hope they find them, hire them and rebuild quickly with them. Reading anything more into it than that is someone else's agenda-- not mine.
Cmon, you have to admit that you were reading into it by stating it was a diversity hire. If you don't care, why did you even say it in the first place? Is there another candidate that you think should have received the job, but didn't due to being white?

Still doesn't exonerate DW of responsibility. One of the roles of a good AD is to sell the university to coaches. DW has failed at that more than once. I fully acknowledge he's in a tough spot, but I also acknowledge he's getting paid a lot of money and falling short over and over. I'm not screaming "Fire DW", but realistically, people need to realize DW has not been very successful, so far.

name one person that would come here and hit everything out of the park.

Maybe it’s time we all take a long look at what Tennessee is rather than point the finger at this person or that person.

It’s not desirable and there is no way for assistants outside of the guys Who know CJH and DW to gauge whether it’s going to work out so it’s worth coming here.

Tough decision when you know you will get other opportunities if you stay where you are.... it is probably up in the air or we would be hearing conclusively that he is staying.

The same thing is on the table here. If he comes here and has success they’ll be calling him again. That being said I think he’s just dangling a carrot in front of the horse to bleed all the money he can.

The measurement of success for DW isn't whether he was able to hire Coach A, B, or C, but whether the program is in better shape 3 years from now. Take the long view. Please. Turn the gain down. Looking at this hour to hour or minute to minute is just going to be upsetting, but it doesn't change anything. We'll get who we get. He'll do well or he won't. Spazzing out constantly won't change that, but it will greatly increase your stress.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back