Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dude that's absurd. If reports are true then Al Washington ACCEPTED the deal and then changed his mind before he signed the papers. How the heck is that DW's fault?

It's always his fault didn't you know? We shouldnt even try to hire good coaches when we can get bad ones who want to be here without us getting stressed out.

Reactions: FBtime
Will one drop of ink constitute a signature? Is a contract be invalid if a party is not emotionally bought in? Does the risk of loss fall on the AD?

We are dysfunctional from the top down. Including the fan base and these crazy message boards. Why do people not realize how stupid you really sound arguing about race. No one ruined the country artist but himself. REMEMBER Don Imus? These people know they are in the spotlight and should be held accountable like it or not.

fyp

We really need a good 3-5 year stretch with no AD or HC searches and all the NCAA stuff to blow over before we'll be able to just go "get our guy"
If we don't win games, we still won't "get our guy".

If we don't win games, we still won't "get our guy".

Yeah, I doubt CJH is here 3+ if he's only winning 3-5 games every season. So him being somewhat successful would be part of the staying put. He's probably the first HC hire that we've made who I actually believe is willing to set down roots in Knoxville for the long haul.

We are dysfunctional from the top down. Including the fan base and these crazy message boards. Why do people not realize how stupid you really sound arguing about race. No one ruined the country artist but himself. REMEMBER Don Imus? These people know they are in the spotlight and should be held accountable like it or not.
Dude. We're trying to hire a DC. Nobody cares about your racism takes right now

Tripled salary on a three-year deal with rolling extenders, coach buyout waivers and sweeteners galore. UT wants a diversity hire here, and they're willing to pay.
That’s about the dumbest thing we can now do but hey, it’s a sign of the times. Qualified people will get left out because of this nonsense. Thought we might turn a corner but we are a complete mess, maybe in 3-4 years after this experiment fails we’ll get it right. Stupid is as stupid does, and we’ve proven we’re very stupid.

.......or everyone here is finally realizing how the rest of the college football world views this program...
Still doesn't exonerate DW of responsibility. One of the roles of a good AD is to sell the university to coaches. DW has failed at that more than once. I fully acknowledge he's in a tough spot, but I also acknowledge he's getting paid a lot of money and falling short over and over. I'm not screaming "Fire DW", but realistically, people need to realize DW has not been very successful, so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back