Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Basilio just said the same and added he was offered $1.2mil and turned it down because Day convinced him it’s too much of a dumpster fire. He also said that’s 9 people that have turned it down.
If he loves the Vols so much, which I hear from his apologists on here all the time..then why would he use his public platform to disparage and embarrass the Vols with a statement like that?

If he loves the Vols so much, which I hear from his apologists on here all the time..then why would he use his public platform to disparage and embarrass the Vols with a statement like that?

In fairness a lot of folks call him a crack pot when 90% of the time he’s spot on. So he’s earned a few shots imo.

Someone said Price reported that Washington is most likely to stay at Ohio St. Might as well stick a fork in that deal.

Price originally stated he was leaning towards Tennessee and then later stated he thought he was going stay...... Shortly after that he hedged his bets stating nothing was decided yet.

Someone said Price reported that Washington is most likely to stay at Ohio St. Might as well stick a fork in that deal.
Price then said it’s not over yet, it’s about the financials. I think we can get him if we overpay. Something like $1.5mil/yr would be difficult for him to turn down. But maybe they don’t go that high.

Oh. Five years just to be respectable. To be dominant is something that may never happen again.
Liked this because I agree, not because I like it..I actually hate it, and I hate everyone responsible for destroying our great legacy over the last fifteen years.

The majority of Knoxville media seem to relish publishing negative stuff about the program.

On the flip side, I suppose they could make up some positive stuff to report.

That scenario doesn't offend me in the slightest. Intentionally engaging in negotiations without any real interest, solely to raise your pay, is dishonest.
I thought that we made that point clear 🤷‍♂️ I also said twice that I had no idea if that is even what is happening, but I have a nagging suspicion that it is.

Reactions: SSVol
Damn, Brice breaking hires for Indiana now. And how the hell can Indiana get an NFL position coach to come to Bloomington for the same title (plus associate head coach, like that means anything) but we can’t get a position coach from college or the NFL to take our coordinator job?!?!?

*That is a rhetorical question...I know the answer...please don’t depress me any more than I already am.

The majority of Knoxville media seem to relish publishing negative stuff about the program.

On the flip side, I suppose they could make up some positive stuff to report.

We do have frustrating local media. There's so many that seem to run the same cycle for every new coach they ride the wave of hope and talk overly positive to overinflated expectations, then jump off the bandwagon early and demand the coach be fire. Rinse and Repeat.

Price then said it’s not over yet, it’s about the financials. I think we can get him if we overpay. Something like $1.5mil/yr would be difficult for him to turn down. But maybe they don’t go that high.

If this is who Heupel wants, pay it. We’re shelling out hundreds of thousands of dollars for Kevin Steele to basically do nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back